DVDVR Message Board

2022 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

Schefter has (apparently?) reported that Deebo Samuel wants to 'move on' from the 49ers.  

I'm saying apparently because I don't see it anywhere on his Twitter and I'd figure it would be there before anywhere else. 

15 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

Makes you wonder who he stole that tidbit from.

It more like the folks who say that "Meltzer reported" when he never actually did just to get clicks on their own story

Schefter also does radio/TV/podcast so it is entirely possible he said something about Deebo there and the internet created its own narrative

well, see, there's no scoop value in ever claiming anyone doesn't "want to move on" and always scoop value in claiming anyone "wants to move on" so when clicks are your metric why wouldn't you claim the latter whenever possible

it's hot take logic taken to it's ultimate anti-journalistic conclusion

[also just pay Deebo however much he wants jeez]

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Infinit said:

Didn't Deebo delete his Niners stuff from his social media? Or am I thinking about another disgruntled star?

Yes and I finally found the Schefter thing. I was right - he said it on NFL Live

Receiver Deebo Samuel is reportedly holding up a potential new deal with the San Francisco 49ers, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter. 

"San Francisco would pay Deebo Samuel today, tomorrow, the next day," Schefter reported Tuesday on NFL Live. " ... This, I think, is Deebo not wanting to get a deal done."

Schefter also noted that Samuel removed all mentions of the 49ers from social media.

"The 49ers are ready," Schefter added. "Deebo Samuel is the one who has put a halt to everything for right now."

So if anything - that is Schefter carrying the Niners water

I’ve gotten people speculating this has to do with Jimmy G and his status being up in the air with the team but this has to be aligned with the Adams/Hill trades due to extensions not working out, Deebo asking for an extension in turn, and the 49ers not pouncing. So Deebo took it as disrespect and he’s done. 

Edited by TimLivingston

Jesus, if I'm Cleveland, I'm on the phone with SF immediately offering an exorbitant amount of picks/money, and anything else they say too. 

Deshaun to Deebo...  ooh boy that'd be tough to stop.  

4 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Jesus, if I'm Cleveland, I'm on the phone with SF immediately offering an exorbitant amount of picks/money, and anything else they say too. 

Deshaun to Deebo...  ooh boy that'd be tough to stop.  

No kidding.  If Deebo can get 77 catches at 18 per with Jimmy G and Trey throwing to him, he should be good for 100+ at 17-19 per with an actual QB throwing to him.

On 4/19/2022 at 2:43 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

And also the Panthers have terminated their agreement with Rock Hill, SC to build their HQ there.  

Apparently the city failed to issue the agreed upon $225 million in bonds.  So they're just abandoning everything even though it's half-built. 

Rock Hill's about to have the world's largest Spirit of Halloween store though, so that's nice. 

If this was Manitoba, it would be turned into a giant dispensary. Cannabis shops now outnumber Tim Hortons here.

Of course the reality is that Rock Hill is gonna cave and hand even more money over. Just read the article on Defector about it and got big laughs from the Panthers owner saying that putting the practice facility in Rock Hill would be the equivalent of Disney World in Florida. I know teams always try and blow smoke about the economic benefits of new stadiums to areas (in short...there are none) but that is a whopper of a fabrication. Nobody is flying from all over the country to watch Sam Darnold practise.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TimLivingston said:

Deebo is now saying the reporters are lying so this is some top flight trolling and/or leveraging going on. 

As vague as it was, he didn't necessarily say they were lying about him wanting a trade, maybe some aspect of the 'why' part. Some reporters are going into details theorizing why he wants the trade, maybe that annoyed him. Course he deleted the tweet. Crazy offseason.

With Christmas being a Sunday this year - the majority of games will be Saturday but the NFL will host a Triple Header on Sunday.

Similar to Thanksgiving

2 Afternoon games (1 on CBS, 1 on FOX) and then the Sunday Night Football game

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

With Christmas being a Sunday this year - the majority of games will be Saturday but the NFL will host a Triple Header on Sunday.

Similar to Thanksgiving

2 Afternoon games (1 on CBS, 1 on FOX) and then the Sunday Night Football game

oh right, and more generally, the entire schedule is getting released on 5/12. 

Seeing reports that The Giants are actively shopping last year's first round pick (#20) Kadarius Toney. Ughhh. What happened there? Did he have some behavior issues I missed? How the hell are you gonna get rid of a 1st rounder after one season? He didn't have a great year but he certainly had flashes of greatness. They will at best get a 2nd rounder but more likely only a 3rd. Gettleman's decision making was the worst. He's gone and the team is still dealing with his messes.

I saw someone break down the numbers and basically if the Jones plays out his mind and the Giants decide to franchise him - it will cost them roughly $10 million more than picking up the guaranteed 5th year.

But if he sucks or is meh (think Baker or Sam Darnell who had their 5th years picked up) - then they suddenly have a lot of cap space and (theoretically) a high draft pick next year to get their next QB

I'm probably a little higher on Jones than most but even I like this move. Jones is going to have a chip on his shoulder this year. And that just might be the missing piece he needs to ball out.

Buttttt it's probably more likely to swing the other way. He has no job security so he starts forcing things even more than he already does. I don't know how his fumbles lost number can go up, but I bet it does.

The Raiders will not be picking up the 5th year options on any of their 2019 first round selections (DE Cle Ferrell, RB Josh Jacob, S Johnathan Abram)

Mike Mayock and Jon Gruden everybody!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3