DVDVR Message Board

2022 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

My parents were on the Steelers Legends Cruise last week, it’s always a mix of old players and some from the current roster. I talked to my mom about it on Monday she said that Haskins was the highlight of the trip, she was on his team for a few games and said that you could tell he was having a blast the whole time.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Gil Brandt said some incredibly insensitive and stupid shit about it

I made the mistake of going into the comments section of a Yahoo article about Brandt's statements.

Lots of people who can't control their fingers or their mouths posting there.

The above sentence is my "clean" version.

Below is the "premium" version...

Spoiler

Fuck every racist dipshit that makes a joke about Haskins playing in traffic. I've been broken down on the freeway before and that shit is not funny.

• Like 5

The part of this supposed plot that totally gets me is...  "and Tampa Bay would've been cool with this?"

I haven't heard of Brady re-signing a contract or getting an extension once he un-retired, so I'm guessing the Bucs still retained his player rights when he retired.  Which then forces Miami to pull a trade where the Bucs could have (and should have) named their price... like say, "Tua AND 3 1's, 3 2's, and multiple 3's".  

Also, one of the sources is fucking Mike Florio who should be given a Pulitzer for "Stories I Pulled Out of My Ass."  

--

All that said, I'd say there's a 5% chance of it all being true.  But whatever.  Fuck Flores.  Fuck Brady. Fuck Payton.  

Fins up. 

• Like 1

Not to mention, would Brady really want to go back to the AFC East and play one of the best teams in the NFL, Buffalo, twice a year, and play New England's talent rising team twice a year, instead of getting three division rivals who are all in the first half of rebuilds?

• Like 3

On 4/14/2022 at 12:34 PM, Ryan said:

1y, 4m of whatever ability they can get out of him beats, um, not having a WR besides Cobb who knows what a route is.

Does it really matter if the guy knows what a route is if there's a good chance he won't catch the ball when it arrives?  

16 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

all the other gimmicky rules changes to inflate scoring and "make the game more exciting", probably only a matter of time before stickum is re-legalized anyway

Thanks to the gloves they already use, they don't really need stickum anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Deebo Samuel, A.J. Brown and Terry McLaurin all are not planning to participate in on-field workouts as teams start their "offseason programs" this week (McLaurin will report - it is unclear if Deebo and AJ will)

All have one year remaining on their rookie deals and are seeking new contracts in this crazy WR market

(DK Metcalf also falls in the same category but he will workout while seeking the new deal)

And also the Panthers have terminated their agreement with Rock Hill, SC to build their HQ there.  

Apparently the city failed to issue the agreed upon $225 million in bonds.  So they're just abandoning everything even though it's half-built.  

FQtu7fmWUA4Wyz5?format=jpg&name=large

Rock Hill's about to have the world's largest Spirit of Halloween store though, so that's nice. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

And also the Panthers have terminated their agreement with Rock Hill, SC to build their HQ there.  

Apparently the city failed to issue the agreed upon $225 million in bonds.  So they're just abandoning everything even though it's half-built.  

FQtu7fmWUA4Wyz5?format=jpg&name=large

This has been a shitshow from start to finish. I'm waiting for some local reporter/journalist to really dig into it because this was absolutely cursed from the get-go.

• Like 1