DVDVR Message Board

2022 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

This is wild to me. They literally just signed him to an extension that pays him 10 mil a year on average, which isn't a massive amount or anything but its a lot when a few months later you decide to switch him to a new position to see how it works out.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Campbell is somewhat clownish, but the effort of the Lions under him was night and day from Patricia.

They still sucked, but they played damn hard all year, and that's not nothing here.

That's for sure.  And the offense got a lot better when he started calling plays.  Full credit to him for keeping the players playing hard at the end of a season where they started 0-10-1.

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Owners have approved a change to the Overtime rules

Both teams will now have a possession... but the rule only applies in the postseason

I'm perfectly fine with this. I can understand why they don't want it for the regular season with the timing of having so many games, extra minutes for players in the middle of a grueling season, etc. but the playoffs deserve a special accommodation. Everyone is going to cite the Bills/Chiefs game but the same thing happened with Chiefs/Patriots and Patriots/Falcons in recent memory, it was a few years coming and should have changed after one of those games.

• Like 4

Just now, RIPPA said:

Speaking of Saints QBs - Andy Dalton is now one of them

It'll be like when Jim Hart was third string for Washington.

4 hours ago, DEAN said:

It'll be like when Jim Hart was third string for Washington.

"To Be Fair" (insert Letterkenny chorus here)

Andy Dalton has had twice as many good years as Hart did.

And by twice, I mean exactly 2 more good years.

I've never understood how Hart kept his job as long as he did.

Of course, he was probably better than Namath.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Travis Sheldon said:

"To Be Fair" (insert Letterkenny chorus here)

Andy Dalton has had twice as many good years as Hart did.

And by twice, I mean exactly 2 more good years.

I've never understood how Hart kept his job as long as he did.

Of course, he was probably better than Namath.

Well, Hart was perfectly fine and the Cardinals would have had a few deep playoff runs if they weren't in the same division as the 1970s Cowboys and Commies.  Plus he had Mel Gray and Roger Wehrli.  Plus Terry Metcalf for a little while.  I AM PEE PAW!

• Like 1

Reportedly, Arians told Brady either the day Brady announced his return or the next day. I mean that won't stop the conspiracy theories but yeah

Meanwhile, Ndamukong Suh is now on social media begging Tampa to resign him