DVDVR Message Board

2022 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

8 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Okay look...   Things are just ridiculous at this point and people are literally pulling things out of their asses.

That's hilarious.  I know all they care about is clicks and views but 93.7 should be embarrassed for even considering tweeting that.

Speaking of using the New York media

The Giants - who are finally starting a full on, overdue, rebuild - are letting it be known (via Ralph Vacchiano) that they are open for business for one of the Top 7 draft picks... the package just needs to include a First Rounder next year.

(It really helps NYG that they pick right before Carolina and then Atlanta - so someone could panic thinking those teams are taking their guy)

Basically the "Hey do you want a QB? We can work with you to move up and then pick our next QB next year!"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Okay look...   Things are just ridiculous at this point and people are literally pulling things out of their asses.

Forgetting all the other reasons this seems highly unlikely, isn't Miami the one location Tom Brady famously sucks in? 

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

This year's Hard Knocks team will be the Lions

I suspect we'll get plenty of stuff to mock from Dan Campbell but, man, it would've been fun to see a series when Matty Patty was still at the helm.

4 minutes ago, Tabe said:

I suspect we'll get plenty of stuff to mock from Dan Campbell but, man, it would've been fun to see a series when Matty Patty was still at the helm.

Am I the only one who finds Dan Campbell endearing.  He's comedically manly, but also not afraid to shed a tear.  He's a great character.

3 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Am I the only one who finds Dan Campbell endearing.  He's comedically manly, but also not afraid to shed a tear.  He's a great character.

He comes across as a clown to me.

Its so oddly worded. So the coach will just have to work "closely with the head coach and the offensive staff" which is a little vague, and they will be paid by the NFL and not by the teams. What about teams that already have a qualified candidate, will the NFL start paying their salary? And why only on the offensive side and not the defensive side.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Its so oddly worded. So the coach will just have to work "closely with the head coach and the offensive staff" which is a little vague, and they will be paid by the NFL and not by the teams. What about teams that already have a qualified candidate, will the NFL start paying their salary? And why only on the offensive side and not the defensive side.

Offensive coaches are much more likely to get head coaching jobs than defensive head coaches.  That's the only reason that makes sense.  With that said, I'd be willing to bet defensive head coaches have much more success than offensive head coaches.

Campbell is somewhat clownish, but the effort of the Lions under him was night and day from Patricia.

They still sucked, but they played damn hard all year, and that's not nothing here.

• Like 1

Cam Newton says he has multiple teams interested in signing him

He is just "waiting on the best fit as it pertains to winning a championship and getting a fair chance to play.”

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Cam Newton says he has multiple teams interested in signing him

He is just "waiting on the best fit as it pertains to winning a championship and getting a fair chance to play.”

Yeah, me too.

• Like 5