DVDVR Message Board

2022 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

The Athletic has an article about Urban Meyer days with the Jaguars and holy fuck from the snippets it is a doozy.  Since they apparently decided to make their web site like the Washington Post some of the top moments 

Also not having a clue who Aaron Donald and Deebo Samuel was

The Tebow thing seems a little tough to believe.  Especially since there's no pictures of it anywhere.  Even closed practices aren't THAT top secret.

9 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Well, Greg Landry was good.  The Eric Hipple/Gary Danielson years were promising, it's just that everything else in Detroit sucked.  Rodney Peete was almost good enough.  Signing Scott Mitchell is where it really goes to hell forever.

Mitchell was really, really good for one year.  Then the team got destroyed in the playoffs, Mitchell got hurt and his mechanics got all jacked up and that was that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tabe said:

The Tebow thing seems a little tough to believe.  Especially since there's no pictures of it anywhere.  Even closed practices aren't THAT top secret.

We are accepting every Urban Meyer story as fact because they are all funny and we need every laugh we can get in this shitty world.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Black Angel said:

Are they seriously telling me they couldn't get more than a 3rd for Matt Ryan? In a league where Carson Wentz nets two 3rds? Get the **** outta here with that noise. Not to mention 63 mil in dead cap between Ryan and Julio. DUDE. TF what are you doing?

Just because Washington is an idiotic franchise - it doesn't mean the rest of the teams are gonna make the same mistake

• Like 3

Just now, Kevin Wilson said:

We are accepting every Urban Meyer story as fact because they are all funny and we need every laugh we can get in this shitty world.

This is a policy I can get behind.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kevin Wilson said:

And the only thing damaged by these rumors is Meyer's reputation.  So, no harm, no foul.

• Like 2

I have a Kelly jersey(probably 30 years old now), a Bledsoe jersey(in the hideous 2000's Bills colors) and a Fitzy Jersey. Its took me at least a year longer than most to accept that Josh is great and not just another imposter. As for the Urban stuff, the Tebow is bs, it says so in the comments below the tweet. But it could be true given how much of an ass urban is.

4 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

I have a Kelly jersey(probably 30 years old now), a Bledsoe jersey(in the hideous 2000's Bills colors) and a Fitzy Jersey. Its took me at least a year longer than most to accept that Josh is great and not just another imposter. As for the Urban stuff, the Tebow is bs, it says so in the comments below the tweet. But it could be true given how much of an ass urban is.

I have zero recollection of Bledsoe being with the Bills.  So weird.

Looking at those QB lists, I also didn't recall that Kelly played up into 96 and Dan Marion until 99!  Off the top of my head, I'd have thought they both retired in like 92 or 93.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DEAN said:

Jesus Christ, look at the list of starting quarterbacks from Mark Rypien in 1993 to Taylor Heineke.  Oh man, it's so awesome being a Cowboy fan sometimes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Washington_Commanders_starting_quarterbacks

RGIII is both a case of "what could have been" as well as a perfect example of the Commanders fucking up a good thing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Yea remember all those great QBs between Jim Kelly and Josh Allen... I feel the pain.

Ah yes.  Until Josh came along, TOM BRADY had more wins in Buffalo than any QB other than Jim Kelly.  LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, DEAN said:

Well, the Commies have been in the wilderness since.... Mark Rypien?

EDIT: And Eli got you two Superbowls, so you should be good for a few more years.

I would actually say Washington's been in the wilderness since Theismann, and they got a career year out of Rypien and a last gasp out of Williams for the other two Super Bowls.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DEAN said:

Well, Greg Landry was good.  The Eric Hipple/Gary Danielson years were promising, it's just that everything else in Detroit sucked.  Rodney Peete was almost good enough.  Signing Scott Mitchell is where it really goes to hell forever.

Mitchell had one good year, shit the bed in the playoffs and was never good again

• Like 1

As a Packers fan I will admit I have looked at the "list of Chicago Bears starting QBs" more than once and just laughed and laughed. Like, literally my entire NFL fan life it's been Favre or Rodgers that's actually it, and the Bears have trotted out like 40 shitheads.

Henry Burris is easily in the top third based on his CFL hall of fame run.

Kind of a shame Rodgers is such an immense jerk off that he's actually making Favre's dick pic thing look pretty mild, but what can you do. Athletes gonna athlete.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Death From Above said:

As a Packers fan I will admit I have looked at the "list of Chicago Bears starting QBs" more than once and just laughed and laughed. Like, literally my entire NFL fan life it's been Favre or Rodgers that's actually it, and the Bears have trotted out like 40 shitheads.

Kind of a shame Rodgers is such an immense jerk off that he's actually making Favre's dick pic thing look pretty mild, but what can you do. Athletes gonna athlete.

my fan life began during a 20 year period of MONTANA and Young.

I'm spoiled forever.

"what do you mean the backup isn't ALSO a hall of famer what is this bullshit?"

2 hours ago, Log said:

This thread is making a good case as to why teams overspend on QBs.  

My philosophy on quarterbacks is pretty simple, if the price seems to high it is. If you have a quarterback and his contact is up,  you have to decide whether to give him what will probably be a historic contract or go into the wilderness. If you think that you can find someone better,  you should never pay your quarterback. There is almost never a great free agent quarterback,  you are rolling the dice. That's why I didn't want Baker Mayfield going forward,  his play has been a dice roll. You never really know what you're getting from him,  so you don't pay him. If you're going to roll the dice at least roll to find someone better. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

Could be worse -- The Texans best QB is either a rapist or Matt Schaub.

Umm...as a Browns fan mine is either a rapist or Otto Graham. 

Is rape actually an accusation against Watson or is it just being way the fuck out of pocket with masseuses? From what I understood was that he was basically propositioning these women in really inappropriate ways,  but I didn't hear that he actually forced himself upon any of them. I'm legitimately asking,  because there isn't nearly enough details about any of this. 

He touched certain massage therapists with his naked penis without their consent in an effort to gratify or arouse himself. And also ordered them to fondle his butthole. Some complied because they were afraid that he could ruin their reputation if they didn’t. And about 22 of them said the same thing. 

but he said they wanted to have sex with him and consented to every thing because he’s rich and famous and good looking and a really great guy

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Yeah, well, as a Bears fan, I personally had to endure all of that trash. I mean, it's a lot of trash. The high point was McMahon on a team where they didn't need a QB and just needed their defense and a RB. Other than that, you can take your pick of Rex Grossman or the malcontent anti-vaxxer. And if it wasn't that, then it was having just dreadfully awful offensive schemes. 7 step drop backs with an OL that was non-existent.

I get the pain many teams go through in between having a franchise QB, but there's little comparison to just how shitty the Bears are.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I believe at least one of the women has stated he coerced her into performing oral sex on him, or at least "touching his penis with her mouth."

Yeah,  that's the biggest issue with this entire case. It is inexcusable behavior that isn't exactly forcibly raping any of these women. We don't do well as a society with gray areas and coercion is about as great of an area as possible. He can say he asked,  and she agreed and she can say she only agreed because she didn't feel safe enough to say no. Both of them can honestly believe that's what happened and the truth is going to be based on who you believe. All I know is that it's fishy as fuck to hire 40 masseuses off of Instagram,  even before the allegations. Flying a masseuse from our of state is just weird,  when there are enough professional masseuses pretty much everywhere. Then even if you want to have consensual sex with your masseuse, you can't really believe that ordering her to fondle your bugle is how you start the conversation. At the same time,  we don't really know what happened. I find it hard to believe that 22 women from across the country got together to tell the same exact lies,  but if we go through due process and nothing actually comes of these allegations why is the NFL supposed to punish him? He's a free man in a few country and should be allowed to work,  and this is his job. It sucks,  but I'm less comfortable with extra judicial punishments than I am with the system being flawed and allowing guilty people of the hook. 

• Like 2