DVDVR Message Board

2022 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

I am slightly confused by the Matt Ryan trade. They didn't draft a QB last year when there were some good options. They tried to get Watson, didn't. So they trade Ryan for peanuts and eating a big dead cap hit. Unless due to them trying to get Watson, Ryan demanded a trade but did it quieter than Mayfield is. I mean clearly its a tank-job, just seems like an odd way to go about it.

1 minute ago, Contentious C said:

Maybe the Steelers can get Jimmy as well as Mitch and they can change the team name to the Pittsburgh Failing Upwards.

Well.  He did go to the NFC championship this year.

3 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I am slightly confused by the Matt Ryan trade. They didn't draft a QB last year when there were some good options. They tried to get Watson, didn't. So they trade Ryan for peanuts and eating a big dead cap hit. Unless due to them trying to get Watson, Ryan demanded a trade but did it quieter than Mayfield is. I mean clearly its a tank-job, just seems like an odd way to go about it.

Oh man, there is nothing worse than going into the quarterback wilderness.  I thank my lucky stars that my children got Dak right after Romo.  Aikman to Romo was so horrendous.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DEAN said:

Oh man, there is nothing worse than going into the quarterback wilderness.  I thank my lucky stars that my children got Dak right after Romo.  Aikman to Romo was so horrendous.

Yea remember all those great QBs between Jim Kelly and Josh Allen... I feel the pain.

• Like 1

Just now, Kevin Wilson said:

Yea remember all those great QBs between Jim Kelly and Josh Allen... I feel the pain.

Oh man.  You should treasure these moments.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

There was a long period of time between Phil Simms and Eli Manning that Dean had lots of material to mock me with

Well, the Commies have been in the wilderness since.... Mark Rypien?

EDIT: And Eli got you two Superbowls, so you should be good for a few more years.

So, the Colts' new strategy is to just keep switching QB's every year hoping to squeeze one last drop of success out of that year's guy?

"Hey, he was really good at one point!  Maybe he can do that again?"

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Bobby Layne to Matthew Stafford

Well, Greg Landry was good.  The Eric Hipple/Gary Danielson years were promising, it's just that everything else in Detroit sucked.  Rodney Peete was almost good enough.  Signing Scott Mitchell is where it really goes to hell forever.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Matt Ryan has been traded to the Colts for a 3rd round pick

Are they seriously telling me they couldn't get more than a 3rd for Matt Ryan? In a league where Carson Wentz nets two 3rds? Get the **** outta here with that noise. Not to mention 63 mil in dead cap between Ryan and Julio. DUDE. TF what are you doing?

Edited by Black Angel
  • Like 2