DVDVR Message Board

2022 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

9 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

This will be fun tho. Predicting Watson goes to Atlanta. Matt Ryan ends up in Indianapolis. Baker sits out this season. Browns pick up Jamis Winston. Jimmy G ends up in New Orleans. Jordan Love ends up traded to The Panthers. Sam Darnold to The Texans. Quick someone find me a sports book parlay lol.

Talk to Calvin Ridley's "uncle".

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

Did you watch the games he started last year? Cuz I did, and you can have him.

I don't think Geno is good.  I just think he has more tools in his bag than Drew Lock.  Geno played two fewer games last year but had threw three more touchdowns.

I know Goodell doesn't have the same twisted sense of humor I do, but what would be funnier:a) to suspend Watson NOW in the middle of all the negotiations, or wait until immediately after a team trades all of its draft capital for the next decade, the owners arm, leg andfirst born child for him?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

I know Goodell doesn't have the same twisted sense of humor I do, but what would be funnier:a) to suspend Watson NOW in the middle of all the negotiations, or wait until immediately after a team trades all of its draft capital for the next decade, the owners arm, leg andfirst born child for him?

I have a feeling the league office has informed the teams involved of what the current stance is. If nothing more salacious comes out during the civil depositions they will stick him with like a 2-4 game suspension. What's 2-4 games in the grand scheme of having a franchise QB for the next 5-10 years ya know.

Now the real comedy ensues if some craziness comes out in the civil cases. If it's enough to suspend him for a year or more there's going to be a very pissed off GM in Atlanta. (Or New Orleans. But probably Atlanta).

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Contentious C said:

It's a little weird - a little - that Mayfield wasn't part of the trade.  I mean, gotta think he's better than Davis fricking Mills, even if he is mediocre.

Guessing there may have been mutual disinterest as a) Baker probably wants to go to a competitive situation (thus Indy) and b) Houston probably prefers a pick to Baker for whatever reason.

49 minutes ago, Contentious C said:

It's a little weird - a little - that Mayfield wasn't part of the trade.  I mean, gotta think he's better than Davis fricking Mills, even if he is mediocre.

Mills' 88.8 QB rating last year was higher than Mayfield's rating in two of his four seasons, including last year.  And that's as a rookie playing on a mess of a team.

Edited by Tabe

They literally structured his contract so that he won't actually feel any effects from whatever suspension the NFL might have for him.

A six-game suspension would cost him roughly $300,000.

Edited by Gonzo
  • Sad 2

Well thank god I didn't place that parlay bet lol.

Free agency this year is just bonkers man. The way that contract is structured is shady as fuck but also maybe the smartest move in all of contract history. Hope Watson doesn't shit the bed or blow out his ACL again. Browns would be on the hook for so much dead money.

I don't see Baker going for much. There's no leverage, everyone knows he needs dumped. He's in the final year of a contract. His iffy play won't help. He's better than a few options but he is so not worth the gamble. He wants The Colts but I don't see it. I don't see The Seahawks having interest. Maybe The Panthers? Texans obviously want to ride with the cheap option. New Orleans won't risk it. Jamis also has a higher ceiling. Maybe The Bucs would have been interested before Brady. Falcons are gonna stick with Matt Ryan.

Idk man, The Jets? Pittsburgh? (No way he'll go there, but he's better than Trubiski).