DVDVR Message Board

2022 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

8 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Meh.  Rams fumbled all second half.  The game was never really the Bucs to lose.  Too much made of that..

Absolutely true, but it's not hard to see the Bucs being a bit healthier next year and being right back on top. 

I mean, the Rams made the mistakes they kept them in the game, but a severely banged up Tampa team did almost steal it regardless. With Godwin and Wirfs healthy they probably were in the Super Bowl (and, of course, other teams not being healthy is a big part of why they won it the year before.)

Assuming Brady doesn't finally suddenly become washed, they're definitely a contender again now.

43 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

That Cousins extention is so bad that it belongs in the bad contract Hall of Fame with that guy the Mets are paying until like 2036 or whatever

Bonilla, or is there another one I'm forgetting? Nobody loves FA more than the mediocre. . . .

• Like 2

Bruce Sutter has been getting a million a year from the Braves since 1991. This is the last year and there is a balloon payment check of $9M. He's actually going to end up with something like $15M more off his deal than Bonilla is on his.

Sutter's original contract was something like $9M over 5 years and he retired 2 years before it ended. To end up with $47M when all is said and done is wild.

Edited by elizium
  • Haha 4

The Cowboys are re-signing Michael Gallup

5 years, $62.5 million

Also I don't think we brought it up but there were reports that there was a fallout between Dak and Amari Cooper after Cooper called Dak the "black Kirk Cousins" and Dak went after Cooper and they had to be separated.

• Haha 3