DVDVR Message Board

2022 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

From PFT:

According to multiple reports, the Commanders offered high picks in the 2022, 2023, and 2024 drafts for Wilson. But those same reports also note Washington got the indication that Seattle preferred to deal Wilson out of the NFC.

1 hour ago, Kuetsar said:

So is Carroll going to retire to "spend time with his family" or for "personal health reasons?"

The way I've heard it is that Russ and Pete had basically both let it be known that the other guy had to be gone if ownership wanted them to return to Seattle.  And, well, Russ is the one that's gone, so...

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

So Watson will be cleared criminally Friday, cases to be settled next week, traded by this time next week?

I've actually been following this fairly closely and my guess based on everything I read is that Watson had an assistant hire these masseuses and told said assistant to confirm that they were down with some funny business.  Here's the issue that I think it's going to be the sticking point; can you give or get 3rd party consent? How does he even know the assistant asked? If the assistant asked and they consented over the phone,  they're still well within their rights not to go through with it once the time comes.  I get it,  I've seen those movies too,  but that seems like a dumb ass way to ruin your life.

Edited by supremebve
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh fuck off

(though there is something amusing about the fact that everyone here in Washington thought that they were locked in on Trubisky)

Bills twitter was speculating those two were a package deal.  He looked half way decent in mop up duty, but that's not much. Dabol sure seems to think he's the QBs whisperer. . . .

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

I've actually been following this fairly closely and my guess based on everything I read is that Watson had an assistant hire these masseuses and told said assistant to confirm that they were down with some funny business.  Here's the issue that I think it's going to be the sticking point; can you give or get 3rd party consent? How does he even know the assistant asked? If the assistant asked and they consented over the phone,  they're still well within their rights not to go through with it once the time comes.  I get it,  I've seen those movies too,  but that seems like a dumb ass way to ruin your life.

In a jury argument during trial, sure you can bring that up. Would any of that make a difference in whether he’s indicted? Not at all.

whether he gets indicted or not is entirely political. If HCDA Kim Ogg thinks it’s beneficial to her political career, she’ll  get the grand jury to indict. If it’ll hurt her career, she’ll give the grand jury an out to no bill and then cry to the media that the grand jury is the will of the people. 

(they could’ve charged him without going straight to the grand jury)

1 minute ago, BrianS81177 said:

The Wagner move was kind of expected for a while now but doing it the same day as you annouce the Wilson trade is not smart timing. 

It's great timing, there is only so much mad you can be at one time, might as well get it all out now instead of waiting for a mad refill to make the fans mad all over again.

• Like 1