DVDVR Message Board

2022 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

32 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

GODDDDDDAMN IT FOUR MORE YEARS WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYy.

This was not my first thought. My first thought was, "here comes the Carson Palmer Special - get a huge contract, immediately get injured and go on the shelf for a year or more"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Cobra Commander said:

The AFC West’s 4 starting QBs are better than the NFC’s top 4 starting QBs

Which will make it more hilarious when the NFC keeps winning Super Bowls

running and defense still wins championships baby

2 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

The AFC West’s 4 starting QBs are better than the NFC’s top 4 starting QBs

Which will make it more hilarious when the NFC keeps winning Super Bowls

On what planet is Russell Wilson better than Aaron Rodgers?

Just now, Death From Above said:

Wait, isn't Wilson the "fancy water prevents concussions" guy? Pretty sure he's an asshat.

I think that was Tom Brady.  Maybe Russ, too, but Brady was on that train for awhile.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tabe said:

I think that was Tom Brady.  Maybe Russ, too, but Brady was on that train for awhile.

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/8/26/9211381/russell-wilson-claims-he-healed-a-concussion-with-the-miracle-water

Another venture is slightly less altruistic. Wilson is an investor in Reliant Recovery Water, a $3-per-bottle concoction with nanobubbles and electrolytes that purportedly helps people recover quickly from workouts and, according to Wilson, injury. He mentions a teammate whose knee healed miraculously, and then he shares his own testimonial.

"I banged my head during the Packers game in the playoffs, and the next day I was fine," says Wilson. "It was the water."

An investor in Reliant Recovery Water, Wilson has made unbelievable claims about the product. In 2015, he tweeted that he believes Recovery Water helped prevent him from developing a concussion following a bad hit.

Wilson faced backlash about his claims, so he later clarified his tweet, telling ESPN that “he didn’t have a concussion” and “it was perceived wrong.” The QB claimed he meant that after consistently drinking the water for more than a month, he felt the drink may have helped him out.

Wilson claimed that he was fine the day after he banged his head during a 2015 playoff game against the Packers. He explained that the reason he was OK “was the water.”

7 minutes ago, Tabe said:

I like that was your problem with it and not that he was claiming that Derek Carr is better than Rodgers or Dak

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Tabe said:

I didn’t mean that.

I meant if you compare Mahomes/Herbert/Wilson/Carr as a unit to Rodgers/Dak/Stafford/Cousins, or Rodgers/Dak/Stafford/Kyler.. then the AFC West QBs are better combined than the best NFC QBs

Out of the top NFL QBs, a lot of them are now in the AFC.

1 minute ago, jaedmc said:

1374954608_CowboyFastDraw_Howard2.gif

Oh, btw, to add to Jae's good day -- The Bears are not going to franchise tag Allen Robinson.

The Brownies DID tag David Njoku though. 

That's one instance of Wilson being a goober versus Rodgers being a terrible person for most of his career.

I preferred Wilson because he was younger. We gave up one very good defensive player, an inconsistent TE and an undeveloped QB. Five picks as well? Fine.

10 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

I didn’t mean that.

I meant if you compare Mahomes/Herbert/Wilson/Carr as a unit to Rodgers/Dak/Stafford/Cousins, or Rodgers/Dak/Stafford/Kyler.. then the AFC West QBs are better combined than the best NFC QBs

Out of the top NFL QBs, a lot of them are now in the AFC.

OK.  That makes more sense.  I'm still gonna trash you for the original post for awhile though.

10 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Oh, btw, to add to Jae's good day -- The Bears are not going to franchise tag Allen Robinson.

The Brownies DID tag David Njoku though. 

I mean.... He was done wrong by Nagy, but I'm not really losing sleep over him leaving. For a while he was the best wideout on a horrific group of granite handed WRs. Mooney was starting to out play him, and filled in nicely when Robinson sat out. I'd like to see that money go somewhere else really.

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I like that was your problem with it and not that he was claiming that Derek Carr is better than Rodgers or Dak

Here's how that went:

"Alright, who are the starters in the AFC West again?  There's Herbert, Mahomes, Wilson and .......uh ......   Alright, just pick on the Wilson > Rodgers comparison since you're too senile to remember the fourth guy."

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Carr’s 2021 does make me wonder what the lowest QB Rating was in a season where the QB threw for 4800 yards.

Carr was 5th in the NFL for yards (4804) and 14th in QB rating (94)

The “worst QB in the AFC west” debate is a clash between people saying Russell is washed up and people who have always doubted Carr.