DVDVR Message Board

2022 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

9 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

Speaking of Joe Judge, what would you say was the absolute worst coaching hire in the last 20 years?

Hue Jackson, Cam Cameron, Bobby Petrino, Urban Meyer, Steve Wilks

Though technically wouldn't it be Josh McDaniels to the Colts

• Like 4

NFL announced today that there will be a 2022 regular season game played in Germany (Bayern Munich's stadium to be exact)

Since the NFL awarded the international rights to Germany to the following clubs - Carolina Panthers, Kansas City Chiefs, New England Patriots, Tampa Bay Buccaneers - I would assume that Carolina is gonna be the one "hosting" that game.

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

NFL announced today that there will be a 2022 regular season game played in Germany (Bayern Munich's stadium to be exact)

Since the NFL awarded the international rights to Germany to the following clubs - Carolina Panthers, Kansas City Chiefs, New England Patriots, Tampa Bay Buccaneers - I would assume that Carolina is gonna be the one "hosting" that game.

Tampa Bay hasn't had their "you hosted a Super Bowl so you have to give up a home game and host overseas game" yet, so it might be them.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2022 at 5:25 AM, Kevin Wilson said:

The potential "thing" with Murray (and with Wilson, and Rodgers, and Watson, and etc.) just shows how much teams have to bend over backwards if they feel they have a franchise QB to keep them 100% happy at all times. That's why I don't complain when the Bills do whatever Allen wants. Want Dorsey as OC? Done. Want Beasley back even though he's a pain in the ass? Done. Because the minute the cracks form, even if they are healed it is all that fans and the media are going to talk about so its best to prevent them from ever forming if possible.

What has Kyler Murray ever done to merit diva treatment by the Cardinals? Him and Kliff are at their ceiling already.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, JLowe said:

What has Kyler Murray ever done to merit diva treatment by the Cardinals? Him and Kliff are at their ceiling already.

Half a season of MVP-level play this year?  

SF TE coach John Embree is joining Mike McDaniel in Miami as an assistant. 

No word yet on what he'll be doing, but my guess is "Turn Mike Gesicki into George Kittle via gene therapy or powerful magicks".  

15 hours ago, dogwelder said:

In NFL related news, Disney confirmed that they're bidding for the Sunday Ticket package

I would be thrilled if somebody gets Sunday Ticket away from DirecTV, so long as it doesn't get nerfed and stuck inside a god-awful app like the NHL package did when ESPN took it over.

Edited by Tabe
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tabe said:

I would be thrilled if somebody gets Sunday Ticket away from DirecTV, so long as it doesn't get nerfed and stuck inside a god-awful app like the NHL package did when ESPN took it over.

I just want an option to have the games for one team, not the whole league. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I read a few months ago that the NFL was excited about Apple's bid because of the options and flexibility that could come with the package. It sounds like more of an a la carte model, which to me probably means it'll be more expensive than it currently is.

6 hours ago, Tabe said:

I mean, if Disney/ESPN gets it, I'm 99% sure it's going to be "subscribe to ESPN+ and then also pay this fee on top of your regular subscription" similar to UFC ppvs.

50 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I mean, if Disney/ESPN gets it, I'm 99% sure it's going to be "subscribe to ESPN+ and then also pay this fee on top of your regular subscription" similar to UFC ppvs.

I already subscribe to ESPN+ so that's no problem.  I just wouldn't want it integrated inside the ESPN app the way the NHL is.  Prior to this year, the NHL had a standalone app that had a calendar with each day's games on it.  You could choose to show or hide scores.  And you could easily go back a month and watch a game.  Within games, you got markers for the start of each period so you could easily jump to the start of a period.  Now?  ESPN buries the NHL game in a section within ESPN+ that is constantly moving around on the screen.  You can't go back in time to watch games that are more than a day or so old - you can only watch whatever the heck they put in the "On Demand" section.  They sort of hides but also don't.  There's no controls for jumping to the start of a period.  If you exit a game and go back in, it doesn't restart where you left off.  If you pause for too long, it resets to the beginning of the game.  When fast forwarding, after a couple seconds, the slider showing how far you've fast forwarded disappears unless you physically enter a command to make it stay visible.  This makes it a challenge to fast forward more than about 90 seconds at a time.  And on and on and on and on.

And, oh yeah, we get fewer games than we got under the NHL app.

So, while I'd be excited to get Sunday Ticket away from DirecTV, I'd be leery that it gets done correctly (i.e. a separate app dedicated to it with good interface, ability to hide scores, easily find past games, etc).