DVDVR Message Board

2022 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

24 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

I thought he was absolutely adorable living his best life out there.  He did also win the "threading the needle" skills event, showing that he truly belonged

• Like 1

BTW - apparently Kyler Murray hates the Cards now

In the latest "this is a thing now" - he unfollowed the Cards and removed all references to the team from his Instagram

Apparently the only thing still up is a post from Mike Evans who is clearly trying to recruit Murray to Tampa Bay

The whole Chiefs/Bieniemy thing is a bit thankless right now for most scenarios that don't involve him waiting out Andy Reid or the Chiefs going to the AFC CG next year

Fall short of making 5 consecutive AFCCGs and there's a "regression" talking point with the Chiefs and a dimming of any Bieniemy HC candidacy

But his OC contract is coming up. So there's always the option of talking about NFL team willingness to hire a HC who is a College HC (like there won't be some reasons why that won't happen) or willingness to hire Bieniemy if he goes somewhere else with fewer weapons to be an OC.

Basically the whole perception that Andy Reid makes the decisions and the Chiefs having 3 major weapons doesn't really help a Bieniemy candicacy. Although there will be an Andy Reid Chiefs OC as an NFL HC in 2022, Doug Pederson!

It's "funny" but is really is shaping up for Bieniemy to coach Colorado after turning them down the first time since I am sure the Buffaloes would immediately toss Karl Dorrell overboard if Bieniemy changed his mind now

4 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

The whole Chiefs/Bieniemy thing is a bit thankless right now for most scenarios that don't involve him waiting out Andy Reid or the Chiefs going to the AFC CG next year

Fall short of making 5 consecutive AFCCGs and there's a "regression" talking point with the Chiefs and a dimming of any Bieniemy HC candidacy

But his OC contract is coming up. So there's always the option of talking about NFL team willingness to hire a HC who is a College HC (like there won't be some reasons why that won't happen) or willingness to hire Bieniemy if he goes somewhere else with fewer weapons to be an OC.

Basically the whole perception that Andy Reid makes the decisions and the Chiefs having 3 major weapons doesn't really help a Bieniemy candicacy. Although there will be an Andy Reid Chiefs OC as an NFL HC in 2022, Doug Pederson!

I mean, the Bears hired a Kansas City front office guy to be their new GM and they didn't even bring Bieniemy in for an interview.

I'm not sure how much, if anything, you can read into that.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

The Texans should just put an oil derrick in their logo or go to Oiler Blue to begin the process of phasing out their current logo in favor of Oilers motif which, by comparison, was actually more successful somehow

sadly, Titans ownership is still squatting on the IP/likeness/history of the "Houston Oilers" unlike the Cleveland Browns/Baltimore Ravens situation so the Texans aren't able to use it (apparently no such problem exists with either former iteration of the Dallas Texans).

and the Oilers did win the first two AFL championships so they at least had that going for them

• Like 2

The potential "thing" with Murray (and with Wilson, and Rodgers, and Watson, and etc.) just shows how much teams have to bend over backwards if they feel they have a franchise QB to keep them 100% happy at all times. That's why I don't complain when the Bills do whatever Allen wants. Want Dorsey as OC? Done. Want Beasley back even though he's a pain in the ass? Done. Because the minute the cracks form, even if they are healed it is all that fans and the media are going to talk about so its best to prevent them from ever forming if possible.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

The Texans should just put an oil derrick in their logo or go to Oiler Blue to begin the process of phasing out their current logo in favor of Oilers motif which, by comparison, was actually more successful somehow

God I wish. Fuck Bud Adams enjoy hell motherfucker

• Like 3

17 hours ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - apparently Kyler Murray hates the Cards now

In the latest "this is a thing now" - he unfollowed the Cards and removed all references to the team from his Instagram

Apparently the only thing still up is a post from Mike Evans who is clearly trying to recruit Murray to Tampa Bay

Has there even be a hint of a whisper as to what Kyler's beef with the Cards might be?  Is he miffed at getting blamed for playing like poo while losing to the Rams twice and the freaking Detroit Lions?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Has there even be a hint of a whisper as to what Kyler's beef with the Cards might be?  Is he miffed at getting blamed for playing like poo while losing to the Rams twice and the freaking Detroit Lions?

Maybe he thinks getting back in baseball during a strike is a smart idea because y'know stranger things have happened. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Gonzo said:

I mean, the Bears hired a Kansas City front office guy to be their new GM and they didn't even bring Bieniemy in for an interview.

I'm not sure how much, if anything, you can read into that.

I mean, the Bears probably weren’t likely to replace a HC who was the Chiefs OC with a HC who was the Chiefs OC anyways?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

sadly, Titans ownership is still squatting on the IP/likeness/history of the "Houston Oilers" unlike the Cleveland Browns/Baltimore Ravens situation so the Texans aren't able to use it

Good.

The last thing I need is another franchise pretending they are a different one. My soul dies a little every single time somebody acts like the Ravens were an expansion team and Jim Brown played for the franchise in Cleveland. (Ditto the new Hornets having the Bobcats and original Hornets history while the Pelicans were allegedly brand new when they moved to New Orleans, including the years there they kept the name Hornets.)

Letting Cleveland keep the team name and IP is one of the dumbest things in NFL history and I fucking hate it.

• Like 1