DVDVR Message Board

2022 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

13 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Don't sleep on Jonathan Gannon!

(And you have to imagine Goodell has already made a call to Houston threatening them with fire and brimstone if they hire McCown now after the Flores lawsuit)

Fire and brimstone is literally the only reason they would hire McCown!

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, EdA said:

Everyone is basically rooting for Kafka, right?  Nothing would better represent Rippa's existential angst as a Giants fan than having Kafka at the helm, yes?

And I say this as someone whose team swallowed the Pats poison pill for GM and coach.  

I didn’t get to make nearly enough Kafka jokes while he was playing (such is the way with backup QBs) so yeah you best believe my fingers are fervently crossed in hope

On 2/1/2022 at 6:10 PM, EdA said:

Everyone is basically rooting for Kafka, right?  Nothing would better represent Rippa's existential angst as a Giants fan than having Kafka at the helm, yes?

And I say this as someone whose team swallowed the Pats poison pill for GM and coach.  

I hate you so much

• Haha 1

Just now, Kuetsar said:

So if he was the passing coordinator, and Andy Reid calls the plays, what the hell does Eric Bienemy do?

He's the Offensive Coordinator.  Are you new here?

?

1 hour ago, Lawful Metal said:

More unsubstantiated rumors: 

Michael Vick a finalist for Texans OC

Has he coached anywhere?  Only thing I can find is a reference to being hired as OC for the Atlanta team in the AAF but he got canned before the season even started.

24 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Has he coached anywhere?  Only thing I can find is a reference to being hired as OC for the Atlanta team in the AAF but he got canned before the season even started.

Probably has no experience which is A-OK for the Texans!

someone also tweeted that the Texans are trying to see if Gannon or Flores would have any problems “mentoring” McCown as head coach and put him on their staff. Yowza.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Well to the surprise of really no one - Byron Leftwich is expected to withdraw from the Jags search

My team might be a bit dysfunctional at times, but man the Jaguars could fuck up a one-car parade.

Edited by Gonzo
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

So if he was the passing coordinator, and Andy Reid calls the plays, what the hell does Eric Bienemy do?

of the times for the QB coach/passing game coordinator to get out of KC, doing it after a game where the QB play in the 2nd half was so bad that people are blaming the loss on not running enough (as opposed to blaming it on predictable playcalling)

although i'm more inclined to think that Bieniemy headbutted Mahomes at halftime than Mahomes had an undiagnosed concussion that only showed up in the 2nd half.

Speaking of Bieniemy

working with Taysom Hill would do wonders for his reputation

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Well to the surprise of really no one - Byron Leftwich is expected to withdraw from the Jags search

I mean, surely it's bad enough he already had to play for them, nobody should ever have realistically expected him to go coach for them too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

how bad would a coaching candidate need to screw up the interview to lose the job to a guy who was suing the NFL/other teams? i've joked about someone getting a job to try and counter the Flores lawsuit, but I don't think that they're gonna hire Flores in order to try and counter the Flores lawsuit

22 hours ago, Tabe said:

He also apparently told the Michigan AD that he will not talk to NFL teams again in the future.

To quote the great Eminem, "Momma, Jimmy keeps leaving on us, he said he'd be back / He pinky promised, I don't think he's honest"

• Haha 1