DVDVR Message Board

2022 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

On 1/27/2022 at 4:29 PM, Tabe said:

And I can answer my own question:

Chicago has been top 10 in points just three times since 1996: 2nd in 2013, 2nd in 2006 (Super Bowl year with Sexy Rexy at QB), and 9th in 2018.  In that same span, they've finished 25th or lower in points 12 times (nearly half the time).

How the heck were they 2nd in points with Rex Grossman putting up 3200 yards with 20 picks and a rushing attack that averaged under 4 yards a carry and 120 yards a game?

Devin Hester had six kick/punt/missed field goal returns for touchdown that season, and the defense scored three times.  Almost 15 percent of their points came on plays that didn't involve their offense at all.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2022 at 5:40 PM, RIPPA said:

Oh its much more than that

By all reports from the big names - it is basically McDaniels wouldn't have accepted the interview if he hadn't been told already that he was getting the job

Haven't seen this from the big boys yet, so it may still not happen but...

Leaving on his back and putting over the Rams on his way out, respect for the business

9 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

On the other hand,  LOL gtfo 

evil-defeated.gif

haven't been this gleeful since Favre finally fucked off

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

Feeling good about the Chiefs chances in the Chiefs @ Buccaneers game scheduled for the 2022 season.

Sure, putting 50 on the Brady-less Bucs would be sorta punching down. At the same time, not their problem.

I mean, you know this just means they have a deal in place for the other #12, right?  

Spoiler

15086442-850x560.jpeg

• Haha 1

As long as none of Rodgers' personal/health advisors point out that there is no such city as Tampa Bay and that he should hold out for deal from a real city

The Bucs are probably going back to the poorhouse for a little bit. Maybe there's a best case scenario of getting to be the 2020/2021 Patriots and not totally sucking in 2022/2023

• Like 1

Just because I think it's fun to remember: Chad Pennington. Giovanni Carmazzi. Chris Redman. Tee Martin. Marc Bulger. Spergon Wynn.

Two of them had less career starts in the NFL than Brady has rings.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

If I had to guess, I would go with "Tom really is planning to retire, but he's pissed the news broke before he was ready to announce it" but that's based on nothing.

That's what Ian Rappaport and a few other talking heads are saying (well, not those exact words).

I'd be curious to see how far he could go.  He looked damn good this season for someone who has spent 22 years in the pros.  I didn't think Roethlisberger looked "Willy Mays stumbling in the outfield" bad this year, but it definitely looked like time, injuries and the unavoidable wear and tear have caught up with him.  Brady looks like he could go to 50, but who knows if that would be worth it to him.  If he was sincere about wanting to spend more time with his kids, time is running out.  Gooh;e sez his youngest is ten and he has two teenagers.

Lol, if I had a ten year old and two teenagers at home. I think I might try to play 6-8 more years, but my kids aren't much out of their teens.  The nightmare is still fresh in my mind.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Just because I think it's fun to remember: Chad Pennington. Giovanni Carmazzi. Chris Redman. Tee Martin. Marc Bulger. Spergon Wynn.

Two of them had less career starts in the NFL than Brady has rings.

Tom Brady has as many playoff wins over NFC teams as Aaron Rodgers. 

• Like 2