DVDVR Message Board

2022 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Oh its much more than that

By all reports from the big names - it is basically McDaniels wouldn't have accepted the interview if he hadn't been told already that he was getting the job

God do I hate football.

It is really interesting how only one team interviewed Eric Bieniemy this offseason and then went in another direction

Or I should say it is really interesting how more of a fuss isn't being made over that fact considering the way people acted the last two years

I wish they would just not allow interviews until after the Super Bowl. They still could line them up and teams could do their "extra" research, but preventing interviews and hiring until after the Super Bowl will stop putting coordinators of successful teams at a disadvantage. Its just backwards. I don't love it at the college ranks (hiring coaches away from teams before bowls) but at least there they have a reasonable excuse as they need to start recruiting. But NFL teams having to wait two or three more weeks wouldn't kill them and they still would have over a month before free agency starts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

It is really interesting how only one team interviewed Eric Bieniemy this offseason and then went in another direction

Or I should say it is really interesting how more of a fuss isn't being made over that fact considering the way people acted the last two years

Apparently Bieniemy is an awful interview... and to top it off, if you're from Colorado you know that a background check will be problematic for him.

I don't know why other teams haven't interviewed him. I know the Broncos were very deliberate in their search. I don't see other teams interviewing 10 candidates.

New Orleans plans on interviewing Brian Flores for the HC gig.  

Of course, that is if the Giants don't hire him.  Which would mean they (probably) hire Daboll.  

Which would mean Miami is (probably) going with McDaniel.  

?

I mean if Miami wants Daboll - they probably need to force the Giants hand and offer Daboll the job today

The Giants are expected to hire someone this weekend but with their two choices being courted by others - I am now thinking the decision is made today.

17 hours ago, supremebve said:

It's the only franchise in the NFL who has never had a great quarterback which is hard to do since they are one of the original NFL teams.

It's easier to do your job as an owner when all you ever aim for is mediocrity. 

The mascot for the Bears may as well be Yano shrugging his shoulders.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, KidNatural said:

Apparently Bieniemy is an awful interview... and to top it off, if you're from Colorado you know that a background check will be problematic for him.

I don't know why other teams haven't interviewed him. I know the Broncos were very deliberate in their search. I don't see other teams interviewing 10 candidates.

Far as I know, a background check on him isn't going to reveal anything all that recent.  Some bad stuff from his time in college and right after and then a DUI in 2001.  Not good but not deal-breakers if teams like somebody enough.  The way I hear it is that Bienemy comes to interviews prepared but not prepared.  His plans sound decent but lack detail.  People like him and he interviews decently enough but he doesn't excel compared to other coaches.

42 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

Coincidentally Pep Hamilton is now interviewing with the Bears to be their OC. He had previously turned down the Panthers. I wonder what changed.

Would you rather coach Justin Fields(who knows how good he is, but there is potential) or Darnold, Newton's corpse or whatever chucklefuck they get in the draft/FA?

4 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

Would you rather coach Justin Fields(who knows how good he is, but there is potential) or Darnold, Newton's corpse or whatever chucklefuck they get in the draft/FA?

I’d rather coach Deshaun or Davis Mills