DVDVR Message Board

2022 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

8 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Texans haven’t interviewed anyone in 5 days. 

Its McCown, isn’t it?

They're just waiting for Mike Mccarthy to become available. 

• Haha 2

Okay - Byron Leftwich showing everyone he isn't stupid.

Apparently the Jags really really really want him as HC but they also want to leave Trent Baalke in as GM

Leftwich is all "fuck that" and wants Baalke out (some reports say Leftwich specifically wants Baalke gone and Adrian Wilson hired as GM)

• Like 2

lol

39 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Apparently the Jags really really really want him as HC but they also want to leave Trent Baalke in as GM

They really are going to fuck this up, aren't they. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

And another coaching domino down

This hire doesn't exactly inspire hope, but I guess let's see who he brings on as OC. It also sucks because it takes away from the Colts. Oh well.

So Cal McNair's private jet has not been in Houston the last five days.  It's been in Phoenix, LA, Philly, New York, and now on its way to Miami. 

Our GM Nick Caserio was hired after Cal and Jack flew to New England and hired him in secret after our team president was in the process of hiring Omar Khan in Pittsburgh. 

Plus the rumors of who we been talking to, who's in what cities ...

Phoenix -- no idea.  Maybe JJ Watt.  Maybe Vic Fangio. 

LA -- Kevin O'Connell, Rams OC, Joe Lombardi, Chargers OC

Philly - Jonathan Gannon, Philly DC

New York -- Maybe picking up Brian Flores and flying him home to Miami?  Maybe Daboll?

Miami -- gotta be Flores. 

On the bright side, Josh McCown lives in North Carolina, so no stops there.

Unless he's already on the plane. 

Defensive minded coach for the Bears. I'll admit I was hoping for one of the sexier options out there, but not a terrible pick. At least it's not one of the bad options that were floating around.

Hopefully they have some OC wunderkind in mind to make our offense not suck butt.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Defensive minded coach for the Bears. I'll admit I was hoping for one of the sexier options out there, but not a terrible pick. At least it's not one of the bad options that were floating around.

Hopefully they have some OC wunderkind in mind to make our offense not suck butt.

Dead serious - when was the last time the Chicago offense was NOT mediocre at best?

• Like 1

And I can answer my own question:

Chicago has been top 10 in points just three times since 1996: 2nd in 2013, 2nd in 2006 (Super Bowl year with Sexy Rexy at QB), and 9th in 2018.  In that same span, they've finished 25th or lower in points 12 times (nearly half the time).

How the heck were they 2nd in points with Rex Grossman putting up 3200 yards with 20 picks and a rushing attack that averaged under 4 yards a carry and 120 yards a game?

Edited by Tabe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Also Las Vegas is interviewing Josh McDaniels. 

Oh its much more than that

By all reports from the big names - it is basically McDaniels wouldn't have accepted the interview if he hadn't been told already that he was getting the job

19 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Dead serious - when was the last time the Chicago offense was NOT mediocre at best?

It's the only franchise in the NFL who has never had a great quarterback which is hard to do since they are one of the original NFL teams.

Just now, supremebve said:

It's the only franchise in the NFL who has never had a great quarterback which is hard to do since they are one of the original NFL teams.

I dunno how you can just smear the memory of Todd Collins like that.