DVDVR Message Board

2022 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

On 1/15/2022 at 6:44 PM, RIPPA said:

By all accounts it is Brian Flores

It seems like the only way that Flores/DeShaun will be able to work together. Also, the only way Houston will be able to keep him if they even want that at this point. 

The two known finalists for the Giants GM position are Bills Asst GM Joe Schoen (2nd interview was today) and KC Exec Director of Player Personnel Ryan Poles (2nd interview is tomorrow).

There obviously could be at least one more finalists

The Bears are also interested in both of them so the Giants could be racing to beat Chicago which definitely worries me

I kinda feel like whatever team hires Poles is gonna have Eric Bieniemy as their HC

Seahawks have fired DC Ken Norton Jr. Don't get me wrong, he definitely needed to go but that defense was on the field a LOT. Offense was near the bottom of the league in time of possession but nobody on that side of the ball will lose their jobs cuz of the late season offensive surge. Never mind that it came against the likes of the Lions and Texans....

Reportedly Pep Hamilton has turned down the opportunity to interview for the Panthers OC position.

Word is the reason is because there is a strong chance the Texans will promote him to OC

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Reportedly Pep Hamilton has turned down the opportunity to interview for the Panthers OC position.

Word is the reason is because there is a strong chance the Texans will promote him to OC

Have fun with that. He was awful at Michigan. 

4 hours ago, Tabe said:

Have fun with that. He was awful at Michigan. 

He's had a lot of success working with quarterbacks in the NFL. Andrew Luck's best season, got Justin Herbert up and running almost immediately in Los Angeles, and even what he did with Mills this year. 

I'm not sure how much of the struggles at Michigan fall on his shoulders verses the lack of talent at QB/the offensive coordinator/the head coach. 

• Like 1

Bisaccia is interviewing with Mark Davis today about keeping the HC job in Vegas (it's expected that he will be shown the door).

Also, Baker Mayfield underwent successful shoulder surgery and he should be ready for Spring camp. 

Dan Quinn is the Giants first request at interviewing for HC

It appears that he is the "hot" guy right at the moment so it is doubtful he will still be available when the Giants select their next GM (not that I am complaining about that.)

Reports are that the Texans have ended their search and have decided on a new coach.  The last person to interview was ...

Oh fuck me.  0 coaching experience but he's in a prayer circle with Easterby.  What a fucking joke franchise.  Please tell me I'm wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It’s the 2nd straight year they interviewed McCown

And how many other head coach interviews has this guy gotten? How many coordinator job interviews has he gotten? How many position coach interviews has he gotten?

It appears Carolina is choosing between Ben McAdoo and Jay Gruden as their next OC as both have had second interviews with the team

One could argue that the Panthers are also lining up their interim HC for when they fire Matt Rhule midseason

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So the general consensus among the local Giants media is that they will hire their new GM today

Supposedly Joe Schoen and Adam Peters are considered slightly ahead of Ryan Poles

And related but not exclusive to the Giants (and not new news) but...

If a team hires Joe Schoen then Brian Daboll is his top choice for HC.

If a team hires Adam Peters than Brian Flores is his top choice for HC