DVDVR Message Board

2022 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

39 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I don't know what else Culley could've done with that roster. They were out talented by everyone they played except maybe Jacksonville, and they competed hard all year. I'm not saying he was going to be a great coach, but didn't feel like he deserved the one and done treatment. He's not Cam Cameron or whoever.

4-13 while running Tyrod Taylor and a 3rd round rookie out there at QB seems pretty decent to me.  What else is Culley supposed to do?  And Mills actually played pretty decent the last 5 weeks.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JLowe said:

Houston is figuring that one of the branches of the Belichick tree will bear fruit eventually, so hire them all at once!

Didn’t KC do that one time? Hired Charlie Weis and Romeo Crennell as coordinators? How’d that work out?

Fully expect Matt Patricia and Joe Judge to be walking in that door. 

39 minutes ago, Tabe said:

4-13 while running Tyrod Taylor and a 3rd round rookie out there at QB seems pretty decent to me.  What else is Culley supposed to do?  And Mills actually played pretty decent the last 5 weeks.

Culley was supposed to be from the Patriots coaching tree.

The Vikings, so far, have eight candidates lined up for interviews for their GM position.

One of them is Catherine Raiche, who is currently the Eagles' VP of Football Operations. She's set to be the first woman in league history to get an interview for a GM position.

But she'd be the second woman to serve as an NFL GM if she got the job. Susan Tose was the Eagles' acting GM for a year or so back in the 80s, but she was promoted to the position from within the organization by her father, who owned the Eagles at the time.

So that's something to keep an eye on.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Culley is getting 22 million for one year of half ass work. Lucky man.

That might be better than being a career back QB/clipboard holder, except they get vested in the NFL players pension.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

Did the Texans give Watson the right to shop to other teams? If not(and who the fuck can remember?) that's a hug tampering charge waiting to happen.

Watson has a no trade clause. So theoretically any trade negotiated has to be approved by Watson before it gets serious. Apparently Carolina offered a ton of unprotected (as in can’t void trade if Watson need indicted / suspended) picks that Watson vetoed because who wants to play in Carolina.

19 minutes ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

Houston must have their next guy picked out and need to satisfy Rooney rule requirements 

By all accounts it is Brian Flores