DVDVR Message Board

2022 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

33 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Of FUCKING course

Look, when you have a chance to keep a coach that goes 4-13 in his second season and loses twice to a division rival with no name and Taylor Heinicke starting at QB, you've gotta keep him!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I’m walking home from the auto shop because everything is hell so o have another 3 hours to stew 

I haven’t seen anything yet that the new GM has to keep a Judge but who knows 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

The Bears ownership has to be the cheapest and most inept ownership in the league. That whole family seems perfectly intent with the team being fucking middling 90% of the time with a good season every now and then. I'm thrilled that Nagy AND Pace are finally gone, but Bears fans have seen this story before and it never leads to anything good. Even still, you can't have a chance for positive change without getting rid of the shitty ass GM and HC so, well, here's hoping things work out better this time.

It's like you don't remember that your team is in the same division with the Lions.  Has your ownership demanded repayment of signing bonuses from its two best-ever players?  No?  Then hush. ?

• Haha 2

Gettleman out. Step one, complete.

The statement they put out sure makes it sound like the new GM will have autonomy over the coaching decision. We'll see. If they keep Joe Judge they're just kicking the can down the road another year. You might as well let the GM start fresh with his own coaching choice. Let the new vision start now. Not a year down the road after they half ass trying to make it work for a year.

Blow it up. Fresh start. New vision. Do it.

Edited by NoFistsJustFlips
  • Like 1

Ed and I were just talking about Jets WR a day or two ago.

Don Maynard was by far and away the best WR in franchise history

I mean I love Wesley Walker and Al Toon but it really isn't close.

And BTW - it gets pretty bleak for the franchise after like #4

Their combined age is nearly 160 years old. Really neat they're entrusting the future of the team with two guys who are old as dirt and out of touch.

Whatever. Ted Phillips and George McCaskey can keep their dream alive by always just hovering around .500. Congrats to them.

And apparently the Bears want to interview Leslie Frazier.

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

To be fair - Ernie Accorsi was perfectly fine and was proven right a few times (especially with the miracle that turned out to be Eli Manning)

Well, in the years since, Accorsi played a role in the hiring of the GMs for the Bears, Lions, and Giants. The only bright spot was the Kliff Kingsbury hire by Arizona.