DVDVR Message Board

2022 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

Yeah, I was just reading that.  And frankly, that makes more sense.  Flo has always been a defensive coach.   So, I guess it shouldn't be surprising that the offense's main weapon ended up having a falling out with him.  

Fuck it.  Let's have Harbaugh make Tua into Kaepernick 2.0. 

50 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I, for one, cannot wait for Jimbo to run Tua into the ground over the next three years, while the Giants get to the Super Bowl with Coach Flo. 

Stupid fucking idiot Stephen Ross. 

I'm dumbfounded. Ross is the worst, and with his looming divorce, I'm sure that's going to be even worse for the franchise. 

Edited by Chaos
  • Like 2

Brian Flores is a former Patriot coach.  

Nick Caserio is a former Patriot GM-ish.

Texans want to be Patriots South.

Deshaun Watson wanted to go to Miami to be with Coach Flores.

Caserio hires Brian Flores to be new coach.

Deshaun Watson wants to stay?

As someone that follows the NFL very closely but not necessarily the 'behind the scenes' dynamics of every team, I am surprised about Flores. I thought the Dolphins played at or above their level for the last two years, and clearly they never "quit" on him as they played hard after the bad start. Even if he had a bad relationship with Tua, coaches have stayed around before with iffy QB relationships and usually those issues magically resolve once the winning starts. I hope he gets a job somewhere else.

• Like 1

The Bears ownership has to be the cheapest and most inept ownership in the league. That whole family seems perfectly intent with the team being fucking middling 90% of the time with a good season every now and then. I'm thrilled that Nagy AND Pace are finally gone, but Bears fans have seen this story before and it never leads to anything good. Even still, you can't have a chance for positive change without getting rid of the shitty ass GM and HC so, well, here's hoping things work out better this time.

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I, for one, cannot wait for Jimbo to run Tua into the ground over the next three years, while the Giants get to the Super Bowl with Coach Flo. 

Stupid fucking idiot Stephen Ross. 

Is Jimbo Fisher something that's been mentioned, or just a doom and gloom scenario for you?

1 minute ago, JLowe said:

Is Jimbo Fisher something that's been mentioned, or just a doom and gloom scenario for you?

Could be worse, could be Bill O'Brien (who the Jags are totally going to hire)

(Should we start questioning management decisions going on in AEW more considering how horrible that family is at running an NFL Franchise?)

11 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

Could be worse, could be Bill O'Brien (who the Jags are totally going to hire)

(Should we start questioning management decisions going on in AEW more considering how horrible that family is at running an NFL Franchise?)

I think TK's Twitter outbursts about negative AEW press reflect some things that have been reported about him at Jags practices. 

12 minutes ago, JLowe said:

That's me being a grump.  And when I wrote it, I meant Jim Harbaugh.  I'd forgotten about Fisher's existence, thankfully.

Pederson might be interesting.  Though frankly, I do not know what their thinking is now.   But apparently Grier is staying, per Rapaport/Schefter/et al. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

That's me being a grump.  And when I wrote it, I meant Jim Harbaugh.  I'd forgotten about Fisher's existence, thankfully.

Pederson might be interesting.  Though frankly, I do not know what their thinking is now.   But apparently Grier is staying, per Rapaport/Schefter/et al. 

I'm not sure what can't miss hire is out there. If you're going to go the college route, which seems like a mistake. It'd probably be Harbaugh (already refuted), Ryan Day, Kiffin (he wants to be in Miami after all), or Matt Campbell. 

7 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I'm not sure what can't miss hire is out there. If you're going to go the college route, which seems like a mistake. It'd probably be Harbaugh (already refuted), Ryan Day, Kiffin (he wants to be in Miami after all), or Matt Campbell. 

There's always Saban.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

It's 11:50am and Dave Gettleman still has a job. What the fuck man. His time in New York is about the worst I have ever seen a GM do. Don't let him retire gracefully. Drag that man and his weird drafting strategy based on the smells of human beings. Joe Judge needs to be gone too. I demand action.

The last time the GM position was open they interviewed Lewis Riddick. I was so let down when they didn't go that way. Everything he was saying about his vision sounded awesome to me. He's still available and when he gets a shot he's going to be successful. Get me Louis Riddick as GM and Brian Flores as head coach ASAP.

• Like 3