DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling Podcasts - 2022

Ziggy

On 4/30/2022 at 5:05 PM, Technico Support said:

I don’t know if they redid it, or reposted the original, but How Did This Get Made’s live episode on No Holds Barred is up and it’s glorious.

Edit: repost of the original; still great

Sidebar to this, Paul mentioned aew on Paul's pick of the week on the last looks episode for diana: the musical 

• Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 12:41 PM, odessasteps said:

For those interested, my topic about the idea of Dusty being wwwf champ was discussed on that podcast this week. 

that was a great discussion they had about it. one of my favourite things on the podcast in a while. i'm looking forward to the part 2 they said theyd do next week.

20 hours ago, odessasteps said:

New Podcast - we talk to the legendary Boogie Woogie Man Jimmy Valiant about his career, his school, Vince Sr, the Bruiser, Paul Jones, making records and much more. Thanks to Beau James for helping set it up.

http://Tinyurl.com/winter108

Fantastic episode. It must have been so cool to hang out with Boogie Woogie! 

Keep up the great work @odessasteps????

20 hours ago, odessasteps said:

New Podcast - we talk to the legendary Boogie Woogie Man Jimmy Valiant about his career, his school, Vince Sr, the Bruiser, Paul Jones, making records and much more. Thanks to Beau James for helping set it up.

http://Tinyurl.com/winter108

I enjoyed this. JV's recall is prodigious, as seen in his autobiography as well. It is often hard to interview old vets, as they can get stuck in carny mode - selling things, putting themselves over or giving stock kay fabed answers to questions they have been asked many times before. However, once the Boogie Woogie Man gets going, he really is informative. His positivity is infectious, which I like. I had occasion to talk to several faded superstars, and asking them very unusual question often got very honest responses (Capt. Lou, Moolah, Raschke, Jimmy Valiant) or sometimes suspicion (HRace, MFernandez). I don't blame them.

God to Fritz:  "CALL HIM

VALIANT" so he did so.

The Boogie followed.

• Like 1

Hey, Chris - Johnny Rodz also has an open door policy (call first, maybe?). If you are in thee NYC area, for sure check out Gleason's Gym in nearby Brooklyn. Also lots of memorabilia, and if Thee Unpredictable One is not there, someone else is happy to give a quick tour. Mr. Rodz would be a great interview subject for thee WP, Chris. I really want to know about his CA run(s), El Shafto, and selling jewelry to the boys in the WWWF. Get on it, Chris! (If it's good enough for Thee Boogie Woogie Man, it's good enough for me.)

He catches his flight.

Unpredictable gets on,

Java Ruuk deplanes.

• 2 weeks later...

Regal was on The Sessions the other week, talking about how a lot of the Performance Centre trainees would basically do the bare minimum of training and then go home. So the veterans who were there to teach, would end up just rolling with each other.

• Sad 1

Has anyone listened to Regal's podcast that dropped today and if so, how is it? And also, I deleted some podcasts that didn't interest me anymore, can someone recommend any other wrestling podcasts to add to my very small list?

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

I'm listening to Foley's pod and it's been tough so far. The topic is No Way Out 2000 and Foley just rambles and rambles and rambles off topic. I'm about 40 minutes in and its a rough listen so far. Conrad needs to reel this in or I'm going to turn it off.

Edited by Fartsauce

Regal is such a delight. It’s Conrad’s network but he’s not the co-host. It’s Matt Koon. Regal is rambley and all over the place, but verrrry enjoyable. The chemistry will grow over time. Reminds me of early Arn. I’m very excited for this to be my new podcast 

• Like 2

One thing of note that people interviewing Regal should understand. He has been a part of interesting times in wrestling. But he is not someone to ask questions on his thoughts on the wrestling landscape. He is the most unconcerned man in regards to wrestling ~wars~ or gossip. He is also very humble. He will however have fantastic perspectives on wrestling itself and fantastic stories helping and being helped by wrestlers. His role of basically being him in NXT is fascinating and his cultivation of relationships across the globe is going to lead to excellent podcasts.

This is coming from this episode, Jericho’s, AEW’s, and Rene’s.

Edited by Octopus

On 6/3/2022 at 3:46 PM, davekool666 said:

Ugh, I like him on Bruce's podcast but if he's going to be on Regals, and as much as I do LOVE Regal, it might be a hard pass for me thanks.

Conrad is pretty good on Jeff Jarrett's podcast. I like him on Bischoff's as well as he'll take Eric to task on things and call him on his bullshit at times. There's another co-host who does Eric's podcast when Conrad is on vacation or something and he's the worst. I can't remember his name but he basically just agrees with everything Bischoff says.

There's a lot of overlap from other interviews he's done in the last few months but I think that was sort of necessary. If he ends up revisiting that stuff over and over again over the next few weeks/months in a JR-ian manner, it'll be a problem, but here it was ok. It's a little weird that Conrad isn't on this one because the new bits were everything he wanted from the initial Arn podcast. A lot of backstage talk on how things were done in NXT. Whereas with Arn, it became quickly apparent just what road agents did and how thankless and ultimately meaningless to Vince and corporate it was.

It’ll depend on the cohost’s ability to keep him on task (or explore new areas with his rambles) and willingness to do research ahead of time. I would love more info on him as a young man learning in England and traveling the world. 
In this ep it was a lot of repeat but good added nuggets. Give me more of which youngsters he has scouted and kept in contact with. It was cool him mentioning Guevara and Starks.