DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling Podcasts - 2022

Ziggy

is there a specific episode (or episodes) of Konnan's Keepin it 100 podcast that deals with the history of lucha libre, or the AAA-CMLL split, or his first foray into USA/WCW? it looks like he has over 300 episodes and i don't really want to start a deep dive for something that may or may not exist. my wife has really taken a liking to Lucha Underground, so i'm slowly trying to branch out from that. she seems to be most enamored by lucha wrestling. open to suggestions or ideas as well.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, The Natural said:

Sad and difficult listen to. Feel for Kevin Nash and his family xxx.

I just finished a little while ago, maybe the understatement of the year. I respect the hell out of Kevin Nash for doing this, and for his honesty about the circumstances and about having glamorized alcohol at times himself. Heartbreaking listen, but it was probably important for his grieving process, and if it helps even one person, then great. I listened to the whole thing and never shook the thought it could have very easily been me at one time of my life. 

On 11/3/2022 at 2:03 AM, odessasteps said:

Dutch has Dr Tom on his pod this week/

Not sure if you're aware or not but your pod got a nice mention on "Charting The Territories". Enjoyed "The Plot" this week as well.

• 3 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, driver said:

I listened today and really want to give Dusty some stink eye for the run up to SC '87. A good listen while driving through northwest Ohio(including Toledo) on mostly non-Interstate highways.

Having lived in Bowling Green, I probably know some of them.

20 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Having lived in Bowling Green, I probably know some of them.

6, 24, & 2 stuck out the most. I hit Fremont, Sandusky, Curtice & Archbold before hitting my one stop in Indiana at a deer processor with no signs outside. It's one of those time you have to trust Google Maps(take that with a grain of salt, if you will).

On 11/23/2022 at 9:23 PM, Cobra Commander said:

Also no Between The Sheets next week because of Kris' brother dying. So i'll stick to listening to a local listener supported radio station running down the top 900 songs of the 1970s.

correction, the station insists that they'll wrap up the countdown before Sunday at 11pm Central, so I'll spend some time listening to old country music in part of the BTS timeslot on Sunday night.

do wrestling podcasts have anywhere close to the podcast industrial complex that some other genres of podcasts have? (where a certain amount of their ad time involves pitching you on listening to a different wrestling podcast)

16 hours ago, Phil Schneider said:

I am going to be a regular part of the revamped Ringer Wrestling Show. Appearing on the Monday Masked Man show!!

Good! I tried listening to that show, but it's hosts so see everything through a WWE lens, it was a tough listen for me. It'll be nice to have a different voice on there.

• 2 weeks later...

I will miss Regal’s pod. It was always a fascinating listen. His meandering conversational style and unique mannerisms, accompanied by his wrestling mind and experience was a real treat and a one of a kind show. We’ll see what show replaces his feed.

I’m getting back to where I left off on Arn. Going through each year in the business. I’m at the early Horsemen era and the way these episodes play old promos to build up the storylines of the time is so captivating. Ole could talk!

• Like 1