DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling Podcasts - 2022

Ziggy

Thanks for the answer. I don't think anyone will be a super athlete just by transistioning and I really don't think I qualify to discuss it. I just think / feel it's a topic that is in discussion a lot or had been. 

I can totally see you taking an issue with it. I just don't see it / hear it in the same vein. As I said, probably on me because I lack knowledge and experience. If he'd start denying / doubting the Holocaust I'd probably take issue the same way (not trying to compare or anything).

I don't feel his fanbase is a single hive mind, and I myself don't agree with everything. I don't know if it's different among "Cultists". 

As for the last question, I haven't found any show I enjoyed more so far. I usually listen to it on my half hour bike ride to work, so takes me a few days to finish a show.

• Like 1

Listened to the Renee Pacquette episode with Allison Danger and man talking about her year working and getting released from the Performance Center is kind of painful.  Trying to finally get her dream in the business (well kind of as a coach) while dealing with kids and a husband and just getting fired out of nowhere and then being fucked with on Steve getting fired too.  Man she has had a tough last 2 years

On 6/20/2022 at 12:04 PM, Lacelle said:

Join us as we attempt to watch & review every Tom Zenk match we can get our hands on. 

Abyss To Zenk will chronicle and discuss many different wrestlers but naturally we start with The Z Man. 

The Can Am Connection vs The Islanders is the backdrop but we also talk about lots of other things that were happening on that day. 

Tune in or don’t, whatever.

Abyss To Zenk

• Like 1

Andy Williams/The Butcher is on today's episode of the Sessions with Renee. I love listening to the Butcher talk about damn near anything. He sounds like the nicest guy and looks like the meanest dude.

Anyway, this is a very good listen. Check it out.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Andy Williams/The Butcher is on today's episode of the Sessions with Renee. I love listening to the Butcher talk about damn near anything. He sounds like the nicest guy and looks like the meanest dude.

Anyway, this is a very good listen. Check it out.

I remember Butcher and Blade on AEW's pod and how I was really thrown by how each guy sounds like you imagine the other one sounds, so I was really confused for a bit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

I remember Butcher and Blade on AEW's pod and how I was really thrown by how each guy sounds like you imagine the other one sounds, so I was really confused for a bit.

This drives me nuts! There was a promo package for when they were at the Forum or something and it was there too.

• Like 1

I could not like Regal’s podcast more. In the current episode, he and the host are watching his classic against Claudio in NXT and he is breaking it down essentially move-by-move. 

I really think Regal could have a career as an actor. Actually, should have a career as an actor. He breaks things down to such an insanely detailed letter. In one of the previous episodes, he was talking about the aborted “Reign of Terror” arc and was talking about how he was reading biographies about different dictators to develop the character. 

I always thought that Bobby Heenan could have had Ted Knight’s career. I am not sure who Regal could replace, but he would seriously be a fantastic comedy or character actor.

I have taken away so much from his podcast for performing comedy, building a character, etc.

• Like 4

On 7/13/2022 at 1:45 AM, odessasteps said:

Downloaded this for the long travel day I have today. Great listen so far!

A couple of thoughts...

- Along with Bash 85, I'm pretty sure JCP did baseball stadium shows in Toronto at Exhibition Stadium.

- re: hockey fight tape traders. Someone who was big into that was Anthony Bowens' dad. He was on Jericho's pod recently talking about it.

I'm a bit over 2 hours in and it's flown by. Keep up the great work @odessasteps????

• Like 2

I don't recall where I got my tapes other than from an ad in the hockey news. Did Byron's Hockeyland in Jersey sell tapes in addition to game worn merch?

There should be a new show next week discussing all the new indy stuff going up on YT lately. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Infinit said:

Downloaded this for the long travel day I have today. Great listen so far!

A couple of thoughts...

- Along with Bash 85, I'm pretty sure JCP did baseball stadium shows in Toronto at Exhibition Stadium.

- re: hockey fight tape traders. Someone who was big into that was Anthony Bowens' dad. He was on Jericho's pod recently talking about it.

I'm a bit over 2 hours in and it's flown by. Keep up the great work @odessasteps????

I don't know if you saw this

• Like 4

4 hours ago, davekool666 said:

So I was looking at some more wrestling podcasts and found these four, and was wondering if they were worth the download.

Kliq This with Kevin Nash

Foley is Pod

Oh, You Didn't Know?

Don Muraco.

I really liked the first ep of the Nash pod.

I finally got around to listening to the latest Winter Palace on a drive that took me from Grand Rapids, MI to Grand Haven, MI down to Niles. MI. God damn, did I love this episode. GREAT episode. Can't wait to hear more.

Also checking out The Lavender Hill Mob(through a trial to BFI player on Prime).

Edited by driver
  • Like 2

On 7/15/2022 at 2:45 PM, Greggulator said:

I could not like Regal’s podcast more. In the current episode, he and the host are watching his classic against Claudio in NXT and he is breaking it down essentially move-by-move. 

I really think Regal could have a career as an actor. Actually, should have a career as an actor. He breaks things down to such an insanely detailed letter. In one of the previous episodes, he was talking about the aborted “Reign of Terror” arc and was talking about how he was reading biographies about different dictators to develop the character. 

I always thought that Bobby Heenan could have had Ted Knight’s career. I am not sure who Regal could replace, but he would seriously be a fantastic comedy or character actor.

I have taken away so much from his podcast for performing comedy, building a character, etc.

Immediately thought of Regal playing the Paxton Whitehead role in a "Back to School" reboot ...

• Like 2

17 hours ago, davekool666 said:

So I was looking at some more wrestling podcasts and found these four, and was wondering if they were worth the download.

Kliq This with Kevin Nash

Foley is Pod

Oh, You Didn't Know?

Don Muraco.

Muraco isn't the most polished storyteller, but I think his pod is overall pretty good. I'd say listen to an episode and he may or may not be your glass of vodka. 

Foley's is worth a listen. He's a good storyteller. He tends to ramble at times but Conrad is pretty good at reeling him in and it hasn't fallen into the "Conrad/other host reads a Meltzer report, Podcast subject immediately jumps to 'eff Dave Meltzer' rhetoric" rut that his other podcasts seem to get sucked into. Foley is genuinely a funny dude too. 

• Like 1

Foley is probably the best of Conrad's podcasts because he seems to have the best memory and he comes across as an honest guy. Nash is a guy I can listen to all day. His BS meter isn't on the level of Prichard or Bischoff because atleast I could actually believe his because he believes his BS. Nash seems to pretty much get along with everyone at this point in his life and that's cool to see but I don't see it stopping stopping him from burying people in his recovery of events. His podcast scatters all over the place with topics but the different format is cool

• Like 1

On 7/15/2022 at 2:45 PM, Greggulator said:

Back when Evolve started their feeder-type system with WWE Regal was there for some of the shows.  They had a show near me and with him advertised for a signing I jumped at the chance.  The line was oddly small (Joppa's not a town that would have a lot of people go to an Evolve show) but I had the pleasure of talking with him for a few minutes.  He genuinely appreciated me asking about him doing acting but said that when starting the pay's not good compared to WWE so he decided to stick with them.  That and he wasn't sure if there was a market for somebody doing old British humor in America.  The way he explained it it made sense to me though if he was still mainly in England he'd be a natural on one of the British shows.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 3