DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling Podcasts - 2022

Ziggy

I've been listening to Regals podcast lately and I see why he was such a big part of WWEs developmental system. Just hearing him speak on his views of wrestling and just his experiences coming up in the UK. I don't have a ton of time to watch wrestling like I'd like but I've been searching youtube watching David Finlay, Clive Myers and Fuji Yamada matches. I love to hear him talk about British Wrestling, if you are a current wrestler ,his podcast is definitely a must listen. Just him being in that AEW locker room is worth him being on the payroll. I could just listen to his pre WWE days for the rest of the time he has this podcast lol.

Jim Cornette said on a recent Podcast that Big Poppa Pump was 100% aware that he butchered promos, and that he just ran with it once it started. In other words, he would screw up accidentally, but then run with it and make it worse as if he was actually trying to damage control when he actually was not. I always wondered if Big Poppa Pump was just that crazy or just that genius. I still don’t really know. I just know what Jim said. 

JC discussed the infamous (especially here) Jimmy Valiant story on the latest pod. He said he never heard the story at the time,but repeatedly on the internet in last 20 years. He also said that story back then was attributed to Klondike Bill. 

• Like 3

On 9/12/2022 at 3:25 PM, HarryArchieGus said:

Dig the Nash pod. He's a fantastic interview subject. That said, the pop culture chats, and in particular the recent 'rock front men' convo felt more than a little out of touch and with not much at all to offer.

Have not heard the pod, but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that they praised the Great Van Fleet guy. Old guys who are into "REAL ROCK" love that shit-ass band.

• Haha 1

On 9/25/2022 at 6:20 PM, odessasteps said:

JC discussed the infamous (especially here) Jimmy Valiant story on the latest pod. He said he never heard the story at the time,but repeatedly on the internet in last 20 years. He also said that story back then was attributed to Klondike Bill. 

The first time I ever heard about "The Glass Bottom Boat" it was attributed to Danny Thomas of all people.

• Like 1

If you all get a chance, listen to Eddie Kingston on The Players' Tribune's Blindsided podcast.

Be warned that it isn't a wrestling-centric talk. It's a mental health podcast. Eddie is very open and it's a great listen.

Edited by Log
  • Thanks 1

I just started listening to Foley is Pod. Seems like a good show so far. I’ll go back to older eps and work my way through.

What is everyone’s current wrestling pod rotation?

Currently like Regal’s and WrestleTalk for the AEW episodes. Stuff like Rene’s and Talk is Jericho depends on the guest. I need to get caught up on Winter Palace.

Johnny Rodz was on Brisco and JBLs podcast. I like when they have guys from that Era that haven't been on everyone's Podcast or done a ton of shoots. JBL and Brisco know what questions to ask to and JBL seems genuinely interested in learning especially from guys that came along before him

Angelina Love on Rene Dupree's podcast had some great stories. I never realized how many times she was almost called up to the main roster.

She says when she first got signed to developmental, John Laurinaitis hated her braided hair and told her she "looked like Jazz" with the braids.

-She was originally supposed to get called up at Royal Rumble 2006 as JBL's new image consultant, replacing Jillian Hall and would eventually feud with Jillian, but she tore her ACL 10 days before it.
-Then she was set to debut on Smackdown in August 2006 in the crowd as Matt Hardy's new girlfriend, but after the opening segment happens and she's already front row, she gets told that Vince rewrote the whole show and her segment got pulled.
-Lastly in October 2006 she was gonna get called up managing The Gymini in ECW where they would do a run in on a match but they decided that night's SD tapings already had too many run-ins so they canned it, they ended up having a bad dark match with Scotty 2 Hotty and Funaki, and got released shortly after.

• Like 2

On 10/7/2022 at 3:14 PM, HarryArchieGus said:

Is there footage online anywhere of Bruiser Brody coming to the ring in All Japan to 'The Immigrant Song' by Led Zeppelin. Mick Foley has now mentioned it a few times on his podcast - always referring to the song as 'Valhalla'.

He came out to an horn-driven instrumental cover there. Only New Japan actually licensed the real thing.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KinchStalker said:

He came out to an horn-driven instrumental cover there. Only New Japan actually licensed the real thing.

Yeah I've heard the cover/instro a time or two. So, does anyone know if any NJPW footage exists online of Brody entering to Led Zep's 'Immigrant Song'?