DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling Podcasts - 2022

Ziggy

On 7/17/2022 at 9:59 PM, odessasteps said:

Funny, he presumably is the one with the most concussions / brain injuries. 

Yeah, Foley has amazing recall considering what he's put his brain through. Every now and then his timeline will be off but he'll get it right and remember the correct sequence of events once Conrad puts him back on track. But that's to be expected of anyone over the age of 50 who's trying to recall stuff that happened 20-30 years ago let alone someone who willingly let 275lbs guys bash them in the skull with steel chairs.

• Like 2

I kind of wish I was an aspiring wrestler hearing this.  It's easy to sound like a broken record but the insight he gives each week is incredibly valuable.  And him dialing into what to expect starting out should be something that's said in every wrestling school.

3 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I kind of wish I was an aspiring wrestler hearing this.  It's easy to sound like a broken record but the insight he gives each week is incredibly valuable.  And him dialing into what to expect starting out should be something that's said in every wrestling school.

Makes me glad he's somewhere where all his expertise will be put to good use

• Like 1

95% probability that Cornette found out the Vince news because Brian Last is gonna get him to do an emergency podcast segment tonight before Smackdown.

In other words, my sympathies to any podcasters doing extra work today to get their reactions out first as if it's a race.

New Pod - @KrisPLettuce discusses the treasure trove of found footage 80s/90s independent wrestling on his YT channel including Austin Idol, The American Ninja, Bill Ash and Willie the Wrestling Clown. Plus tape trading, and more.

http://Tinyurl.com/winter111

Edited by odessasteps
  • Like 1

On 7/21/2022 at 5:39 PM, Greggulator said:

Regal this weeks start the episode about how much he loves the band Madness and I love this man.

Regal’s pod makes me so happy. The past few episodes have been a delight. 

• Like 1

Anyone else have the issue when streaming a podcast on their iPhone that if they pause it and go back hours later it won’t let you resume and starts from the beginning? It’s now fully stopped me from listening to podcasts as I have to remember where I left off and even then, now won’t allow me to fast forward to where I left off. Anyone know of a fix? I usually just listen through the podcasts app.

On 7/24/2022 at 5:40 PM, WholeFnMachine said:

Anyone else have the issue when streaming a podcast on their iPhone that if they pause it and go back hours later it won’t let you resume and starts from the beginning? It’s now fully stopped me from listening to podcasts as I have to remember where I left off and even then, now won’t allow me to fast forward to where I left off. Anyone know of a fix? I usually just listen through the podcasts app.

Honestly, I'd recommend paying a few bucks for Downcast.  Apple's podcast app is not great, from my very limited experience with it. 

• Like 1

On 7/22/2022 at 6:33 PM, odessasteps said:

New Pod - @KrisPLettuce discusses the treasure trove of found footage 80s/90s independent wrestling on his YT channel including Austin Idol, The American Ninja, Bill Ash and Willie the Wrestling Clown. Plus tape trading, and more.

http://Tinyurl.com/winter111

Another great episode. 
Listened to Charting the Territories today and they mentioned KrisP and his uploads.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2022 at 10:30 PM, cwoy2j said:

Yeah, Foley has amazing recall considering what he's put his brain through. Every now and then his timeline will be off but he'll get it right and remember the correct sequence of events once Conrad puts him back on track. But that's to be expected of anyone over the age of 50 who's trying to recall stuff that happened 20-30 years ago let alone someone who willingly let 275lbs guys bash them in the skull with steel chairs.

I also think the fact that he's actively relived much of his career between the autobiographies and the stand-up/live shows (including, presumably, trawling through numerous anecdotes in preparation for deciding what would 'make the cut' for the shows) has probably helped in keeping the 'tapestry' and interconnections together in his head, vs say someone asking you to name every single classmate you had when you were 8 (having not tried to recall for 30+ years). 

• Like 2

On 7/27/2022 at 7:02 PM, odessasteps said:

The Southwest stuff got a YT copyright claim strike . I don’t remember if he said that on the pod or not. 

I remember him saying that Ron Fuller had had some Continental stuff taken down.

I think the Southwest stuff was claimed by the Jarrett/Parsons people, who I don't think have any real claim to it . 

He also had some claims from WWE on the Ron Wright stuff since they showed SMW footage on those shows. And I think WWE also claimed some of the WWC shows. 

I think Baltimore is essentially the only large non-Louisville city that Cornette doesn't hate.

Also he likes Provincetown quite a bit more than Boston, Providence, or working at Madison Square Garden and he notes an obvious reason for JCP guys to live in Charlotte in the 1980s.

Abyss To Zenk looks back 30 years ago to this day for an interesting match, Tom Zenk & Marcus Alexander Bagwell vs Scotty Flamingo & Terry Taylor from WCW Saturday Night. 

As per usual we also discuss what’s going on in the world of sport & entertainment. 

You won’t want to miss this pivotal match in the series.

Abyss To Zenk

The new Regal podcast is a Q&A. He spends a few minutes encouraging people to listen to Slade (the band, not the wrestler). I agree, you should.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AxB said:

The new Regal podcast is a Q&A. He spends a few minutes encouraging people to listen to Slade (the band, not the wrestler). I agree, you should.

I was shocked to find out by Regal that Slade had more UK number 1's then the Beatles.