DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling Podcasts - 2022

Ziggy

11 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

I wasn't aware that Raven had a podcast until I saw someone mention it in the monthly thread. He's always been a favorite wrestling personality of mine and liked the video series he did on youtube several years back. Is his podcast worth checking out?

He's really funny in an off the wall way. He barely ever talks about wrestling though. It's mostly just him and his cohosts bantering back and forth about random stuff. Worth a listen if you want some laughs but there's very little wrestling related content.

• Like 1

"Lemme see what the McAdam podcast looks like this week"

sees a 3 hour long podcast hyped as 200+ minutes for Episode 200

"well at least it's shorter than Red Sox/Yankees and Between the Sheets"

I'm sorta in a weird spot of the wrestling internet where I never bought tapes from John but I read his tape lists and became aware of some things that happened before I was born. He's better than some guys who seemingly exist to just consistently crap on the current product (while spending a lot of time talking about a current product that they don't like)

The Wrestling Podcasting people that didn't get sucked into mission creep are kinda exceptional. I remember when some people on here (past and present) would do BlogTalkRadio calls where they gave them an hour for anybody to listen, and then the rest would be available later. Now, pretty much everybody at BTR level can just do their own thing for as long as they want. Provided their computer doesn't melt like whatever happened to Schneider.

For someone who no longer watches anything new, I’m happy the market for historical pods is as healthy as it is. Be it Kris and Bix, Al Getz, Brian Solomon or people in the business like Ron Fuller or you know who.  I don’t listen to McAdams show so I can’t pass judgment on it. 

• Like 2

I finished the latest episode of The Winter Palace yesterday morning and Wrestlemaniacs.com got mentioned. That was the first wrestling site I ever went to.

OS, McAdam's pod is a very easy listen.

• Like 1

I listen to podcasts at 1.25x speed; it’s perfect for speeding up slow-paced talkers and ponderous silences without making things sound too manic. Unfortunately, I can’t do that with BTS; Kris’s voice is a “quick-yet-legato” drawl and he tends to yawn quite a bit, which makes things difficult to discern at faster playback speeds. Not a complaint, mind you; just an observation.

I mean, you do you bro. But speed listening to podcasts seems like something Lore would do to prepare for the next time he fucks with Data. " Brother, you tipped your hand when I knew you listened to Rogan. All it took was one guest appearance."

Edited by Johnny Sorrow
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I don’t know if they redid it, or reposted the original, but How Did This Get Made’s live episode on No Holds Barred is up and it’s glorious.

Edit: repost of the original; still great

thank you for mentioning. i used this as an excuse to listen to it, and it was fantastic. gotta go watch the movie now.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

I mean, you do you bro. But speed listening to podcasts seems like something Lore would do to prepare for the next time he fucks with Data. " Brother, you tipped your hand when I knew you listened to Rogan. All it took was one guest appearance."

Nah, Johnny, Aaron Mahnke isn't speeding anything up. 

• Like 1