DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling Podcasts - 2022

Ziggy

I listened to a few Rene' Dupree's Podcast Cafe Depree after listening to an interview with Chris Van Vlient. He's very Outspoken about his time WWE. It's not really any surprise who he didn't like. It's cool to hear about growing up having his Dad run Gran Prix and he's a huge fan of Masa Chono growing up with him in the Territory.  He also said because of Sylvain and Pat's close Friendship he was privy to alot of ideas but he doesn't really go into any details. He's got some very interesting stories for sure.

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Hoo boy. If it's as deep-dive as the Teddy Hart one, Jerry is gonna come off worse than anyone ever surmised.

Considering that it's 3:15 I'm pretty sure they dove deep enough to get the bends if they came up too fast.

4 hours ago, Web Conn said:

If ya’ll haven’t listened to Days of Thunder you should these two guys Dave and Lee review Thunder in all it’s wackiness. It’s one of my favorite podcasts 

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/tmkUhRS5LuTbiHzK8

Is that still on?!?! I used to love it. Spicy brown, if you please. Jacuzzi Pete. Okie dokie.

EDIT: dang. I thought you wrote Daves of Thunder. Nothing I wrote will make sense. ?

Edited by Octopus

2 minutes ago, Octopus said:

Is that still on?!?! I used to love it. Spicy brown, if you please. Jacuzzi Pete. Okie dokie.

EDIT: dang. I thought you wrote Daves of Thunder. Nothing I wrote will make sense. ?

Is that a Dameshek reference? 

• Thanks 1

I got through a good deal of the Lawler pod and god those guys get stuck on a topic and ramble. It is irritating. But I just got to the dirt and maybe it'll get better from here. 

They did bring up a good point that Lawler being a guy who never drank, drew cartoons, carried a joke book and basically was a '50s kid during the '60s means he might be somewhat... stunted... which might aim at other things that happened to him in his early life. 

EDIT: Fuck this is really gross

Edited by Curt McGirt

Doesn't seem like it, beyond the specific details of the case that I personally didn't know about before, which basically say "this piece of shit is guilty". I'm a little after it and they're talking about his mayoral race. 

EDIT: They're talking about the corrupt cops trying to rob his money-filled jukebox now so that might be new? 

Edited by Curt McGirt

Well again it wasn't something I read about/remembered if so. After it there was the fight with his 26 or something year old fiancee where he apparently laid a gun out and told her to kill herself. 

Their last note was that he just won over NZO in a Casket Match. Because, of course he did. 

The biggest takeaway I got from it was them nailing him as a kid stunted in growth who never grew up (owns a Batmobile, has all the Coke crap in the world, plays softball and touch football, dates women far younger than him) pointing to him possibly being molested in his youth. One of the dudes had abuse in and outside his home and said from his experiences in therapy, abuse tends to point at molesters being mentally stuck at the age they were assaulted. 

And boy: witness tampering/intimidation, press manipulation... yeah he's guilty. 

Maybe the grossest part

Spoiler

One of the girls claimed he got naked and watched cartoons with them before asking for sex. Which sounds exactly like something he'd do. They pondered on what cartoons and one said Ren and Stimpy due to the timeline and I thought "well Kricfalusi was a fucking pedophile as well so that would fit". 

So hey I saved you the trouble of listening haha

I listened to it today and it was a great episode. I didn't feel like I needed a shower after listening to it, like I did with the episodes on Bob Sweetan and Buck Zumhoffe.

Jimmie Whisman is the one who endured the abuse. 
When I first started listening to them visually they reminded of a younger Mike and Frank from American Pickers.

They also do a podcast called Small Town Murder and some of those episodes can make you ask yourself why you're listening because the subject matter can be pretty dark and grimy.

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to Wrestling Podcasts - 2022
On 1/4/2022 at 11:27 PM, Curt McGirt said:

EDIT: They're talking about the corrupt cops trying to rob his money-filled jukebox now so that might be new? 

I'd never heard that story but it was definitely covered in the Observer.  When reviewing an old Raw, the Deadlock podcast covers that week's Observer and they just read that story a week or so ago.  They were freaking out over it because it was so absurd.

Jimmy Hart seems like someone who hasn't done as much podcast/shoot interviewish/interview stuff as other former guys. Maybe partly because he's on some sort of WWE Legends deal so he's not exactly doing Cornette's podcast.

This is my way of saying there's 90+ minutes of Jimmy Hart zooming with Brisco and Bradshaw.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2022 at 9:35 PM, Curt McGirt said:

I got through a good deal of the Lawler pod and god those guys get stuck on a topic and ramble. It is irritating. But I just got to the dirt and maybe it'll get better from here. 

They did bring up a good point that Lawler being a guy who never drank, drew cartoons, carried a joke book and basically was a '50s kid during the '60s means he might be somewhat... stunted... which might aim at other things that happened to him in his early life. 

EDIT: Fuck this is really gross

I agree and disagree here. Yeah, they do go off on tangents all the time, some of them are irritating and long winded, but some of them crack me the hell up. Every episode is a hit and a miss. Aside from the wrestlers, I have never heard of 90% of the guys they profile cause I don't watch sports, other than wrestling. Teddy Hart podcast one was great though.

On 1/6/2022 at 5:15 PM, Phil Schneider said:

New Way of the Blade pod on CZW vs. ROH with Matt Whittle from the band Seagulls

https://redcircle.com/shows/be34c05b-8483-4797-af55-5ec4bd254611/episodes/52cadcc6-a85d-4c25-a5c0-dfdd64686ac9

God, CZW vs ROH feels like one of those things that you would need to do a multipart episode for with Naylor on one of them.

• Like 2