DVDVR Message Board

2022 WRESTLERS LEAVING COMPANIES THREAD (Releases, FAs, etc...)

RIPPA

7 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

The guy working a message board gimmick in 2022 is judging me.  Fuck, dude, at least I'm genuine.

Your assessment about people's sincerity continues to be piss poor. I hope one day I'm able to shovel obvious horseshit with your unearned confidence. It's a skill.

I'm judging Cody by his actual documented words and actions.

Oh?

18 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I just don't like guys just straight up lying every second they're in public.  This is no better than Hogan. 

Not sure how someone comes to this assessment based on their actual words and actions. Sounds like you're embellishing like usual. 

• Like 1

That's exactly where I'm at Log. I don't hate or begrudge Cody for making his decision one way or the other - Hell, I agree with about 90% of Stefanie The Human's post - but Ricky Steamboat never made a goofy blog about having a WWF exorcism, or teased a big boot/legdrop finisher, or smashed the Gobbeldygooker's egg on WCW TV.

Formatting is wonky on mobile so I have to tag you guys at the bottom @Stefanie the Human @Log

• Like 3

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
9 minutes ago, Log said:

Not to speak for @Technico Support, but I think the point is that Cody was sooooo outspoken about tearing down everything WWE stands for.  That was like his entire persona in early AEW.  That's a lot different than being like, "man, it sucks working here" and then coming back later when the grass isn't greener.

Sure, that's fair, but therein lies the point I've been making; that people are free to change their minds and have no obligation to tell the world they've done so.

You're welcome to state he's a hypocrite, but at the same time, he's just as welcome to make what he feels is the right choice for himself in terms of his personal business.

4 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

That's exactly where I'm at Log. I don't hate or begrudge Cody for making his decision one way or the other - Hell, I agree with about 90% of Stefanie The Human's post - but Ricky Steamboat never made a goofy blog about having a WWF exorcism, or teased a big boot/legdrop finisher, or smashed the Gobbeldygooker's egg on WCW TV.

Formatting is wonky on mobile so I have to tag you guys at the bottom @Stefanie the Human @Log

Nah, Steamboat just did what all wrestlers did back then... he complained to Meltzer/Keller/John Arezzi. ?

1 minute ago, Stefanie the Human said:

Sure, that's fair, but therein lies the point I've been making; that people are free to change their minds and have no obligation to tell the world they've done so.

You're welcome to state he's a hypocrite, but at the same time, he's just as welcome to make what he feels is the right choice for himself in terms of his personal business.

100% agree with all of that.  Just saying that one could see why some others might have a problem with it.

I'm just reminded of a guy I worked with.  He was one of those, "This place is so shitty!  I can't wait to leave and tell everyone to fuck off!" guys.  He was not nearly as good at his job as he thought he was.  He leaves, tells anyone who will listen how horrible his time at our job was, goes to work for a competitor in town.  I run into him about six months later: "Hey, are you guys hiring?"

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Stefanie the Human said:

You would have really hated Ricky Steamboat in the late-1980s and early-1990s, when he would leave a company and complain about his treatment, then a couple of years later be working for the same exact company.

Look, I can't make someone's personal business decisions for them, nor am I really in a position to judge what their decisions should be. If Cody Rhodes feels going to WWE is the right choice for him, then so be it. It has no bearing on me personally.

There really is no such thing as "burning bridges" in wrestling either. Wrestling is not a normal business. Eric Bischoff tried to put Vince McMahon out of business for years, then eighteen months after his company crashed and burned, he was working for WWE. Wrestling is a business where if people think there's money to be made, they're going to try and make it.  That's just the reality of how wrestling has worked for decades and decades.

And really... that's how pretty much all entertainment fields work. I'm not sure if that's a cynical take or not, maybe someone will judge me for it, but history has shown that if people in an entertainment field think there is money to be made, they're going to try and make it.

If you think that's wrong, so be it. I can't make your ethical choices for you. But on the scale of things to have an ethical crisis about, Cody Rhodes saying he disliked his former employer and is now returning to go work for them is a pretty strange thing to have one about.

Ricky never went on WCW TV and bashed WWF or vice versa though. Huge difference.  Never compare Ricky Fucking Steamboat to Cody Rhodes. 

I feel like this Cody stuff is, on the one hand, annoying to me.  On the other hand, it's the most fascinating thing that has happened in wrestling in a really long time.

So, Cody leaving AEW for reasons related to his creative visions failing has generated the kind of reaction and buzz that he hoped to get with those storylines, etc.  Ironic?  Really, is it ironic?  I always get the usage of that word wrong.

"wrestling has more than one sell out family

Adrenaline in my soul, suck a fat one Cody Rhodes

No one said you'd have to work for free

crowd is here about to blow

take your ball and then go home

whoa

my father said when I was younger

go get the cheddar man

no creativity

no creativity

It cost my freedom!

Couldn't change the game and despite the pain

I lost my kingdom

I sold my dreams 

I bought my name

You'll follow me until the end

I'l start a new kingdom

Lights go down, I'm ready now

time to scam another town

gonna give another lie to believe in me

Hear the crowd on their toes

I'm the sellout Cody Rhodes

out the curtain take my ball go home

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

Ricky never went on WCW TV and bashed WWF or vice versa though. Huge difference.  Never compare Ricky Fucking Steamboat to Cody Rhodes. 

Nah, he just went to radio and print media (or at least, print media that would allow for acknowledging the violation of kayfabe) and did it. WCW and WWF at the time didn't acknowledge each other, remember?

Would have been interesting what he would have done if they did, though.

But I do find it interesting your reaction. Is it okay when a wrestler trashes their former workplace when it's a wrestler you like, such as Ricky Steamboat, as opposed to a wrestler you don't like, seemingly such as Cody Rhodes? Hmm?

3 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

He complained and tried to trash the company that gave him his first big break and now he is crawling back to them.

Your corporate boot licking sympathizer is showing. Might wanna tuck that back in because it's gross.

Cody is just a dude. A dude that makes choices. Some of those choices he regrets. That's not some giant carny con meant to personally fuck you over. He was very offended by the way his WWE run went because he believed he could be more. So when he left he made a lot of noise about it. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. This is a business about self promotion. The louder you can be, more often than not, the better.

Now he feels like AEW undervalued him and he is offended. That doesn't make him a hypocrite to go back to WWE to try and stick it to AEW now. It makes him human. We don't live our whole lives in one fixed time where thoughts and feelings can't change. It's all a spectrum. And him being pissed in 2016 at WWE does not preclude him from from being pissed at AEW in 2022. Time heals all wounds, so the WWE beef just doesn't seem that relevant to him I'm guessing. That isn't him being a hypocrite, that's him being a mature adult making a tough choice to provide for his family.

Just like Cody, you too are just a dude. And neither Cody nor Ricky Steamboat nor anyone else owes you a god damn thing. And you being so headstrong about this is giving me flashbacks to your pro Kendrick rants and your anti Britt rants. Which brings up a good point. You were banging those drums louder than anyone. Should you be allowed to have different view now? Or should we quote every post you make and scream about you're a hypocrite for changing your mind? You wasted way more of my time with that garbage than Cody Rhodes ever did. But just like with Cody, I extend you the benefit of the doubt that your opinion has changed over time. Maybe you should re-frame how you view this in your mind.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Late to the party here, what does everybody Really think of Cody Rhodes!?  

I loved the throne thrash.  I loved Cody v Dustin and pretty much everything he contributed all the way thru to around the start of the 'pandy'.  The experiments following the better stuff were hit and miss, but even the exaggerated lower points were fascinating.  I dig Cody.  I like that he played the anti-WWE card.  Ppl absolutely wanted to hate him even when he was doing great shit (like the road to the Jericho title bout).  His eventual debut is the first WWE related item I can remember being interested in since the relaunch of WWECW.  I might even catch a hi or lowlight on Youtube till the novelty wears off.  I also can't help but think how neat his AEW return might be in a year or two or three from now?  

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stefanie the Human said:

Nah, he just went to radio and print media (or at least, print media that would allow for acknowledging the violation of kayfabe) and did it. WCW and WWF at the time didn't acknowledge each other, remember?

Would have been interesting what he would have done if they did, though.

But I do find it interesting your reaction. Is it okay when a wrestler trashes their former workplace when it's a wrestler you like, such as Ricky Steamboat, as opposed to a wrestler you don't like, seemingly such as Cody Rhodes? Hmm?

I am not a huge Steamboat fan. But to compare the two is stupid.  I despise Hulk Hogan. He didn't go to back to WWE until WCW folded.  Trying to think of someone recently who has openly trashed the competition only to go to work for them without being fired or forced to.   

Also Ricky Steamboat was not an EVP of the company that he left because he didn't get what he wanted.   Steamboat may have went to print media but who really saw it out of the millions of fans at the time. How many really subscribed to Meltzer pre internet?  

Not that we have many anymore but I'm really curious to see how the casual fan reacts to this.  "Cody Rhodes!! Doesn't he hate the WWE"

5 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Your corporate boot licking sympathizer is showing. Might wanna tuck that back in because it's gross.

Cody is just a dude. A dude that makes choices. Some of those choices he regrets. That's not some giant carny con meant to personally fuck you over. He was very offended by the way his WWE run went because he believed he could be more. So when he left he made a lot of noise about it. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. This is a business about self promotion. The louder you can be, more often than not, the better.

Now he feels like AEW undervalued him and he is offended. That doesn't make him a hypocrite to go back to WWE to try and stick it to AEW now. It makes him human. We don't live our whole lives in one fixed time where thoughts and feelings can't change. It's all a spectrum. And him being pissed in 2016 at WWE does not preclude him from from being pissed at AEW in 2022. Time heals all wounds, so the WWE beef just doesn't seem that relevant to him I'm guessing. That isn't him being a hypocrite, that's him being a mature adult making a tough choice to provide for his family.

Just like Cody, you too are just a dude. And neither Cody nor Ricky Steamboat nor anyone else owes you a god damn thing. And you being so headstrong about this is giving me flashbacks to your pro Kendrick rants and your anti Britt rants. Which brings up a good point. You were banging those drums louder than anyone. Should you be allowed to have different view now? Or should we quote every post you make and scream about you're a hypocrite for changing your mind? You wasted way more of my time with that garbage than Cody Rhodes ever did. But just like with Cody, I extend you the benefit of the doubt that your opinion has changed over time. Maybe you should re-frame how you view this in your mind.

Do you know what you are saying?  I watch WWE, I watch AEW, I watch NJPW.  I don't have a favorite in the game.  But when you go on TV and make it a fucking point to trash another company (nobody made him do it)  you make a blog anti WWE (nobody made him do it)  and then you go work for that company because you don't get your way,  It's pretty pathetic.  The ammt of people defending this is outright wild to see.  I am guessing the majority of you defending him didn't give a shit about him the past 2-3 months before he left either. 

4 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

I am not a huge Steamboat fan. But to compare the two is stupid.  I despise Hulk Hogan. He didn't go to back to WWE until WCW folded.  Trying to think of someone recently who has openly trashed the competition only to go to work for them without being fired or forced to.   

Also Ricky Steamboat was not an EVP of the company that he left because he didn't get what he wanted.   Steamboat may have went to print media but who really saw it out of the millions of fans at the time. How many really subscribed to Meltzer pre internet?  

Not that we have many anymore but I'm really curious to see how the casual fan reacts to this.  "Cody Rhodes!! Doesn't he hate the WWE"

I doubt the casual fan will care much, if at all. If anything, they'll likely giggle about him being Stardust for a moment, then it'll be on how WWE presents him going forward. After all, they seemed to get over Drew McIntyre being part of 3MB pretty well.

Just now, paintedbynumbers said:

Do you know what you are saying?  I watch WWE, I watch AEW, I watch NJPW.  I don't have a favorite in the game.  But when you go on TV and make it a fucking point to trash another company (nobody made him do it)  you make a blog anti WWE (nobody made him do it)  and then you go work for that company because you don't get your way,  It's pretty pathetic.  The ammt of people defending this is outright wild to see.  I am guessing the majority of you defending him didn't give a shit about him the past 2-3 months before he left either. 

Do you know what you're saying? I read the WWE, AEW, and Pro Wrestling forums. I don't have a favorite in the the game. But when you go into every thread and make it a fucking point to say Britt Baker got into IWC by fucking Justin LaBar (no one made you say it) and you make it a point to agree with holocaust denying Kendrick repeatedly (no one made you say it) and then you go back and post in those same threads about different topics because people called you on your gross bullshit, it's pretty pathetic. The amount of people defending Britt & the holocaust is wild to see. I am guessing the majority of you defending the board didn't give a shit about paintedbynumbers posts before he called Britt Baker someone who sleeps around and got mad when Kendrick got pulled from Dynamite for his claiming lizard people run the world.

Read that paragraph. Let it sink in before you react to anger. That's what you're doing. That's what you sound like. It's an exact 1 to 1 comparison. Ease up on people changing their mind on a subject. Because you live in that glass house. And your ass has been throwing all kinds of stones.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Stefanie the Human said:

I doubt the casual fan will care much, if at all. If anything, they'll likely giggle about him being Stardust for a moment, then it'll be on how WWE presents him going forward. After all, they seemed to get over Drew McIntyre being part of 3MB pretty well.

They did in a sense. I see a lot of people not just yourself (more on twitter to be honest) mentioning Drew.   Drew had the height of his run during Covid with no crowds. Sure after a while the Thunderdome happened but how much of that was piped to fit the WWE narrative?  It would have been smart to keep Drew near the top of the card once crowds came back at the very least to gauge the reaction. Instead they have him going up against Happy Corbin and Mad Cap Moss in a channel changing feud.

3 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Do you know what you're saying? I read the WWE, AEW, and Pro Wrestling forums. I don't have a favorite in the the game. But when you go into every thread and make it a fucking point to say Britt Baker got into IWC by fucking Justin LaBar (no one made you say it) and you make it a point to agree with holocaust denying Kendrick repeatedly (no one made you say it) and then you go back and post in those same threads about different topics because people called you on your gross bullshit, it's pretty pathetic. The amount of people defending Britt & the holocaust is wild to see. I am guessing the majority of you defending the board didn't give a shit about paintedbynumbers posts before he called Britt Baker someone who sleeps around and got mad when Kendrick got pulled from Dynamite for his claiming lizard people run the world.

Read that paragraph. Let it sink in before you react to anger. That's what you're doing. That's what you sound like. It's an exact 1 to 1 comparison. Ease up on people changing their mind on a subject. Because you live in that glass house. And your ass has been throwing all kinds of stones.

typical internet warrior here. Can't do shit in person and brings up the past.  I was right about Brit to this day I'l defend that. I know who you are and know you know people who can easily validate this. Not going to name their names on here but I have gladly shared DM's with users here who have asked for proof and I had twitter messages from females who have worked for IWC and AIW with Brit and backed my story up. 

The Kendrick stuff I did not have the full story and I apologized. Not sure what more you want but I apologized and I meant it.  

Sounds like you have to resort to shit from the past that has nothing to do with Cody to get people on your side.

It's like Technical said earlier,  damned if you have a strong opinion about something because people here will rip you to shreds for it.

People always go back to the Brit stuff because that is all they have.  If they knew Brit well during THAT TIME PERIOD they would know I was right.  

It always makes me laugh how people don't have anything else so they go back to 2019 Brit Baker comments to make themselves feel better. 

Also funny how you saw me Saturday and didn't say shit.  Very telling ?

The point of that post wasn't to re-litigate what you've said in the past. It was done with a purpose to try and make something click for you. (It didn't tho you went straight into defense mode). You said some pretty gnarly shit in the past that you wouldn't say today. And you would like for us to stop bringing up that stuff you said before, and let you live in the today. Which is the exact thing you are still doing about Cody. You are non-stop ranting about shit he did years ago without allowing for the fact his mind could have changed. Ya know, like yours did.

9 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

Also funny how you saw me Saturday and didn't say shit.  Very telling ?

Swing and a miss. I wasn't at IWC Saturday. I don't know who you are. And clearly you don't know who I am.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not at all the same.  Brit refused to work with a female worker because she didn't like her.  She spread rumors to the promoter about the girl as well as lies.  Pretty sure I still have the DM from said wrestler. I'd gladly send it to you in private but I am also fairly certain you know who the girl is.

Brit was also supposed to work Lufisto in the cage. She made up another lie about it and instead Katie Arquette got the spot and took a hell of an ass beating but it got her over!

The Brit Lebar stuff I heard from multiple sources. Not just from IWC,  PWX, RWA, KSWA, AIW.  People who don't run in the same circles even brought it up.  One of them was actually a former IWC trainer!  So if I am wrong on that it would seem most of the Indy scene here is wrong as well.

Has she improved as a worker?  Yes she has.  Is she better on the mic?  Absolutely she is.   Is she a better person?  100% she is.   And I admit it.

But it took her a couple of years.    Cody made his remarks recently.  So I guess the better way to say it is "who is the real Cody?:  The one who desisped WWE, or did he just say that because he knew fans would eat it up?  

I didn't change my stance on the Kendrick stuff I just didn't have the full story and that was 100% my fault. I owned that and I dm'd some people on here to apoligize to them personally even.  Did I have to do that? Nope,  but I sincerely did not have that full story.  If I did  I would have shit on him just like everyone else.  And it would have been in the right to do so.

1 minute ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Fucking yikes.

Sincere apology to everyone reading the thread. I didn't expect dude to go off into rants about Britt again or else I wouldn't have brought that up. I'm sorry everyone.

no bigger douche on this site than you.  I fucking told you I could give you proof from workers but you have to get your jab in.

Sincerely fuck you your lame excuse of an apology.

You come on here and you talk like your opinion is the end all be all of opinions.  Nobody gives a shit man.  Admit you were wrong and move along.

Keep tossing your jabs at me.  Don't kick the beehive.  

Especially after the last few pages here's my take on the song:

Adrenaline, in my soul

I'm sick of reading about Cody Rhodes!

If possible I would be thrilled to see all this talk about him in various threads merged into one.  And if you need a title might as well put in "We don't talk about Cody, no, no no"

Whether you like him or not it's funny how he's living rent-free in so many people's minds.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Fucking yikes.

Sincere apology to everyone reading the thread. I didn't expect dude to go off into rants about Britt again or else I wouldn't have brought that up. I'm sorry everyone.

also, since you are so high and mighty. June 4th I am helping out with a show in Rostraver.  Beers and Briuses.  Over 20+ local breweries will be there as well as matches from local and national talent.  Tony Deppen will be there.

Come introduce yourself ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Especially after the last few pages here's my take on the song:

Adrenaline, in my soul

I'm sick of reading about Cody Rhodes!

If possible I would be thrilled to see all this talk about him in various threads merged into one.  And if you need a title might as well put in "We don't talk about Cody, no, no no"

Whether you like him or not it's funny how he's living rent-free in so many people's minds.

would be great if he took the rent money and moved to the North Pole and started his own promotion.