DVDVR Message Board

2022 WRESTLERS LEAVING COMPANIES THREAD (Releases, FAs, etc...)

RIPPA

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Dusty:Cody :: Kirby Captain America: Liefeld Captain America 

This made me imagine that god-awful Liefeld Cap side image (the infamous one) with a blotch as a third titty.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

the answer depends on whether anyone is hip to Cody's latest comics pull list

maybe he's going through a big Jim Lee phase and is gassed up to three hundo

11 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Dusty:Cody :: Kirby Captain America: Liefeld Captain America 

I was about to say, maybe Cody has some Liefeld on his list and updated his gear with pouches.  So many pouches. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

19 minutes ago, The Great ML said:

How ... just how did they get his WWE theme? Was that not an in house song?

For whatever reason WWE licensed some generic techno instead of having Jim Johnston whip something up.  I've heard it as incidental music on HGTV before.

Harlem Heat's WCW theme was the same way.  You hear it on Chopped as background music from time to time.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Zimbra said:

For whatever reason WWE licensed some generic techno instead of having Jim Johnston whip something up.  I've heard it as incidental music on HGTV before.

Harlem Heat's WCW theme was the same way.  You hear it on Chopped as background music from time to time.

It's crazy to me how many "iconic" themes are just generic stock music. Add the Dudley Boyz and Hardcore Holly's music to the list, I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting. I still hear those jams on random advertisements, usually for trucks or something. 

• Like 2

I'm shocked that after they got over in 1999 WWE didn't tweak the production music and have it redone in house to keep it. While the original could always be used, if they made it similar but distinctly different in like 2000 it changes a lot. Even when they came back at the Orlando Mania. Figured they would have had a WWE-ized version of that song. Because letting letting a big name star walk out and show up on someone else's TV with the same name and same music sounds like something Vince would punch a hole in a wall over.

But let's put this in context. How dumb was TNA? They could have licensed that music for Jeff and it would have made so much more of an impact.

• Like 2

It's funny how much Jeff having that music improved his debut.  Like, everyone was expecting it as soon as that "emergency board meeting" was announced, but the shock of hearing THAT music probably increased the pop a lot.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Log said:

It's funny how much Jeff having that music improved his debut.  Like, everyone was expecting it as soon as that "emergency board meeting" was announced, but the shock of hearing THAT music probably increased the pop a lot.

Havin Darby and Sting run in first also helped, a nice little swerve to keep the fans on their toes when it actually happened.

• Like 1

Windham Rotunda has started setting up convention appearances in the last few days and looks to have dropped some weight, but I honestly have no idea whether TK has (or should have) any interest whatsoever.

If his past comments from like 2014 are still his thoughts today, he's more likely to re-sign Big Swole than Windham. He's not a fan of his in-ring stuff, if I'm remembering his tweets right.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

But let's put this in context. How dumb was TNA? They could have licensed that music for Jeff and it would have made so much more of an impact.

Even if he wanted to use some of his own music eventually, he was arguably coming off his hottest run when he left WWE in '09. They ought have taken as much of his super familiar presentation as possible to start (I know he was using No More Words his last couple years, but everyone still recognizes the Hardys theme and Jeff got it for a chunk of his singles run anyway). That song 100% should have been on the first Hogan/Bischoff episode of Impact. 

Edited by John from Cincinnati
  • Like 1