DVDVR Message Board

2022 WRESTLERS LEAVING COMPANIES THREAD (Releases, FAs, etc...)

RIPPA

On 2/25/2022 at 3:33 PM, Horatio said:

Has anyone ever lost the fans in a more depressing way? 

I mean, it's like he humped Katie Fick and she gave him a hickey from Hell and we all saw it.

wasn't sure if you where talking about about Cody or Vince untill hickey from hell

On 2/27/2022 at 1:32 AM, Go2Sleep said:

Claudio will have a nice place on the card and his matches will be must-see, but I wouldn't expect him to be the guy in AEW at any point.

AEW is still very story driven as far as slowly building up feuds ,angles and stars  I think Claudio would be insanely over in AEW at the jump. I don't know if it would sustain though if he has to go through a bunch of younger guys and put some of them over instead of him just face a bunch of guys he's faced a thousand times in the indies 

I think the biggest reason Claudio could do bette in AEWr is he has a number of moves/sequences that the crowd pops for and cheers along with (Counting the rotations on the Cesaro Swing and/or airplane spin; the deadlift suplex into the ring, and the repeated uppercuts running from turnbuckle to turnbuckle thing), and I can see him hitting one of these -any or all of them even- and the (almost always) rabid crowd cheering and/or counting along with them. Whereas in WWE, the wrestlers are encouraged not to interact and play to the fans, AEW is all too happy to interact and cater to them.  Whether or not he can promo a storyline won't matter so much if the crowd tears the hosue down every time he wrestles.

• Like 3

Funny you post that, since Meltzer said Cody actually did something to change his look, hated it, and got rid of whatever it was that he changed. But Meltzer is specific in mentioning that it wasn't the tattoo, obviously.

FWIW, he thinks he either debuts in Jacksonsville next week for WWE or takes more time off (and WWE would be upset, but wouldn't pull the offer either).

Edited by Casey

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Dusty:Cody :: Kirby Captain America: Liefeld Captain America 

This made me imagine that god-awful Liefeld Cap side image (the infamous one) with a blotch as a third titty.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

the answer depends on whether anyone is hip to Cody's latest comics pull list

maybe he's going through a big Jim Lee phase and is gassed up to three hundo

11 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Dusty:Cody :: Kirby Captain America: Liefeld Captain America 

I was about to say, maybe Cody has some Liefeld on his list and updated his gear with pouches.  So many pouches. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6