DVDVR Message Board

2022 WRESTLERS LEAVING COMPANIES THREAD (Releases, FAs, etc...)

RIPPA

9 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

I feel like WWE best presented Cesaro in those WWE2K commercials where he’s in the back of the limo. And that was all 2K, not WWE. You best present Cesaro as a Ronaldo like international sports star, and WWE never got that.

I mean it's basically Andrade's gimmick but Andrade sure the hell isn't making the most of it

5 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I thought Eddie had heat with Hero in the past. Maybe it got passed on Claudio by association? 

I think when Eddie was chatting with Meltzer on their podcast he said Claudio is guilty by association since he sided with Hero.  But unlike Hero I would think/hope it's a bit easier for Eddie and Claudio to get along.

EDIT:  Random thought but while I didn't have issue with the name Cesaro it felt oddly pretty good to type Claudio again knowing he can go back to that name.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

The heat with Hero shouldn't have been crushed. This stuff went down in what 2004?  Back when Claudio was working indy's I was fortunate enough to see him and Hero on a monthly basis.  Hero could be pretty straight forward but Claudio ALWAYS had a smile or corny joke to tell. He was one of the most outgoing wrestlers I'd seen. One of my friends worked him in a tournament and chopped Claudio. He said it was like chopping a tree.  The other fun Claudio fact I have is that he wears a size Medium T-Shirt.  Never would have guessed. 

• Like 4

Just now, paintedbynumbers said:

The heat with Hero shouldn't have been crushed. This stuff went down in what 2004?  Back when Claudio was working indy's I was fortunate enough to see him and Hero on a monthly basis.  Hero could be pretty straight forward but Claudio ALWAYS had a smile or corny joke to tell. He was one of the most outgoing wrestlers I'd seen. One of my friends worked him in a tournament and chopped Claudio. He said it was like chopping a tree.  The other fun Claudio fact I have is that he wears a size Medium T-Shirt.  Never would have guessed. 

I meant to say the heat should have been crushed. 

25 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

The other fun Claudio fact I have is that he wears a size Medium T-Shirt.  Never would have guessed. 

I think I have heard this before. But he is very swelte and slim kind of muscular. Wrangy, is that a word? And wearing a whatever size shirt isn't the issue. Getting out of the shirt without tearing it or your shoulder is what counts! You do remember that he used to tear away those nice suits of his. And had plenty of shoulder issues. Sensing a pattern here. Maybe he just owns a ton of T-shirts and whatever happens once it's time to disrobe, happens?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, alstein said:

Brock is working the indies

i immediately thought Lesnar and was baffled. 

8 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

OMG yes! definitely a bit too "on the nose" for some people, but i would freaking love it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, twiztor said:

OMG yes! definitely a bit too "on the nose" for some people, but i would freaking love it.

Especially with Eddie Kingston teasing a match/feud on Twitter, have him come out and confront Claudio after or get into a scuffle in the back while Tony's doing an interview with the newest AEW signee. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DangerMark said:

Kingston would have to be mondo stupid to tweet something like that to get everyone hyped up for a match that he didn't actually want because he hated the guy.

What’s a babyface? God bless that man...keeping it real in more ways than one.

Edited by The Great ML

Not sure if there's a coherent way to present this on a wrestling TV show but maybe a Cesaro/Claudio could be a bit of a chaos agent. Meaning he shows up and his presence/influence 'screws up' certain things or throws them into chaos. Like if he showed up around the Bryan/Moxley scene trying to nudge one of them out of that picture. Or if he essentially gaslit the Eddie Kingston thing trying to make people cheer for him at Eddie's expense. Or he could start stirring things up between other wrestlers for his own amusement.

Basically on-screen he would be the guy ruining things and making himself look better at the expense of others. Which is probably the opposite of what he's like off-screen.

Re: Kingston/Cesaro:

Who knows? I don't know. But I do know he's been consistent about Cesaro for the last few years even when it didn't at all seem like Cesaro might come over. He said this in an interview last spring:

Spoiler

"You want to know the truth? You want to know Inside Baseball? He’s a scumbag. Cesaro’s a scumbag. I didn’t have fun with him at all. He’s a scumbag. Here comes Inside Baseball. He was supposed to put me over at Chikara before he left for WWE and he didn’t do it, so f*ck him. He knows I’m talking about him all the time. F*ck him. F*ck you Cesaro, Claudio, whatever you want to call yourself. Stay over there. Don’t come to AEW. Big b*tch Swiss motherf*cker. I don’t like him. I don’t know if you noticed that."

So don't think it's just something he started doing this week to hype a potential match.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, twiztor said:

Can you imagine being the promoter trying to tell Brock the house wasn't good and he can't pay him as much as he promised, but like, help yourself to some concession stand hot dogs and "anything you want from the merch table"?

Edited by Cristobal
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Re: Kingston/Cesaro:

Who knows? I don't know. But I do know he's been consistent about Cesaro for the last few years even when it didn't at all seem like Cesaro might come over. He said this in an interview last spring:

Hide contents

"You want to know the truth? You want to know Inside Baseball? He’s a scumbag. Cesaro’s a scumbag. I didn’t have fun with him at all. He’s a scumbag. Here comes Inside Baseball. He was supposed to put me over at Chikara before he left for WWE and he didn’t do it, so f*ck him. He knows I’m talking about him all the time. F*ck him. F*ck you Cesaro, Claudio, whatever you want to call yourself. Stay over there. Don’t come to AEW. Big b*tch Swiss motherf*cker. I don’t like him. I don’t know if you noticed that."

So don't think it's just something he started doing this week to hype a potential match.

"Big bitch Swiss motherfucker" is my "cellar door"

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'm thinking Eddie Kingston is drawing on old personal feelings SINCE he got signed. Who he was is integral to him being able to keep it real and still be that Eddie Kingston, and I'm guessing he looked back and said, Man, I thought that jealousy and those insecurities would never go away. 

Now, he's got a real-life lense to look forward to keeping it real AND getting paid. 

Never change, Eddie. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart, King, and you'll never go wrong. 

• Like 1

So, if a "big AEW name" is supposed to be going to Control Your Narrative, and it's not Brian Cage because his option has been picked up (and, let's be honest, he isn't exactly a "big AEW name")... What if it's Cody? I mean, one of the alleged reasons he left is that he wanted more power to control his narrative, after all. ? Plus, the C and the Y are right there in his name! 

Some twitter jokester was saying Vince was hot on to sign Cody until he saw the neck tattoo, but now he has seen it he's spun 180 and doesn't want him any more.

3 hours ago, AxB said:

Some twitter jokester was saying Vince was hot on to sign Cody until he saw the neck tattoo, but now he has seen it he's spun 180 and doesn't want him any more.

Has anyone ever lost the fans in a more depressing way? 

I mean, it's like he humped Katie Fick and she gave him a hickey from Hell and we all saw it.