DVDVR Message Board

2022 WRESTLERS LEAVING COMPANIES THREAD (Releases, FAs, etc...)

RIPPA

5 hours ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

Nash was also Super Shredder. Nash playing a washed stripper and Super Shredder > Reigns being the third-most popular pro wrestler in an F&F movie. 

Reigns is going to need Jason Momoa to retire because Hollywood's the type of place that only has room for one gentleman of Samoan descent with long hair at a time.

was there a wrestler in that movie other than Rock and Reigns?

2 hours ago, Octopus said:

What is Austin Creed’s contract situation? I WANT DA PARTY PLAYING UNO.

This is literally all I want out of this. Let Claudio retire and make money Twitch streaming with Chuggs and Matt and others playing Uno.

Also, BRING BACK THE SOUNDBOARD! 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

Imagine the G1 this year if it had Claudio, Rusev, Brian, Punk, Mox, Kingston in it.  Hell maybe add Cole for good measure. It has the potential of being stacked!

If we could just get ahead of this pandemic and international wrestlers could freely travel without issue at some point. And provided we're not in a nuclear war.

• Like 2

Claudio was apart of the early start of WWE and Triple H in particular, signing Top indy guys of the previous decade. They could have got so much more out of him than they did. There was alot more doubt whether guys from the indies would get over and if anybody would know them once they got to the main roster but he did. I don't know how much of the WWE Universe was already familiar with Cesaro when he got to the main roster but he got himself over as well as he could on his own. He got over mainly with showing his impressive strength. I think when Daniel Bryan won the world title and was first getting a chance to be in the main event picture, the fans believed Cesaro had the potential to as well. When he won the first Andre Invitational Battle Royal that was the only one people were really about the winner but they didn't follow up with it. It made the following Battle Royals go back to being what the other Pre Show WrestleMania Battle Royals were. Just a match to feature everyone else that did make the Card. One he started the Bar with Shamus everyone pretty much gave up on hope of him getting to the main event. Don't get me wrong that team was one of the best teams in the industry at the time not to mention he help lay the foundation for the Black and Gold era NXT, killing it even after he got called up. His WWE run has really good at times

• Like 1

Woken up to the great news of a new creative team on Batman, Chip Zdarsky/Jorge Jimenez and now that Cesaro's gone from WWE. Holy shit. Cesaro's been underappreciated by Vince McMahon in his time at WWE, he should be a multi time world champion there. So glad I got to see Cesaro live one last time in November of last year, in a dream match with TAFKA WALTER. Any promotion that can sign him absolutely must. Give him the push his talents deserves. Now to go back a few pages and read what I've missed.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

I feel like WWE best presented Cesaro in those WWE2K commercials where he’s in the back of the limo. And that was all 2K, not WWE. You best present Cesaro as a Ronaldo like international sports star, and WWE never got that.

I mean it's basically Andrade's gimmick but Andrade sure the hell isn't making the most of it

5 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I thought Eddie had heat with Hero in the past. Maybe it got passed on Claudio by association? 

I think when Eddie was chatting with Meltzer on their podcast he said Claudio is guilty by association since he sided with Hero.  But unlike Hero I would think/hope it's a bit easier for Eddie and Claudio to get along.

EDIT:  Random thought but while I didn't have issue with the name Cesaro it felt oddly pretty good to type Claudio again knowing he can go back to that name.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

The heat with Hero shouldn't have been crushed. This stuff went down in what 2004?  Back when Claudio was working indy's I was fortunate enough to see him and Hero on a monthly basis.  Hero could be pretty straight forward but Claudio ALWAYS had a smile or corny joke to tell. He was one of the most outgoing wrestlers I'd seen. One of my friends worked him in a tournament and chopped Claudio. He said it was like chopping a tree.  The other fun Claudio fact I have is that he wears a size Medium T-Shirt.  Never would have guessed. 

• Like 4

Just now, paintedbynumbers said:

The heat with Hero shouldn't have been crushed. This stuff went down in what 2004?  Back when Claudio was working indy's I was fortunate enough to see him and Hero on a monthly basis.  Hero could be pretty straight forward but Claudio ALWAYS had a smile or corny joke to tell. He was one of the most outgoing wrestlers I'd seen. One of my friends worked him in a tournament and chopped Claudio. He said it was like chopping a tree.  The other fun Claudio fact I have is that he wears a size Medium T-Shirt.  Never would have guessed. 

I meant to say the heat should have been crushed. 

25 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

The other fun Claudio fact I have is that he wears a size Medium T-Shirt.  Never would have guessed. 

I think I have heard this before. But he is very swelte and slim kind of muscular. Wrangy, is that a word? And wearing a whatever size shirt isn't the issue. Getting out of the shirt without tearing it or your shoulder is what counts! You do remember that he used to tear away those nice suits of his. And had plenty of shoulder issues. Sensing a pattern here. Maybe he just owns a ton of T-shirts and whatever happens once it's time to disrobe, happens?

• Like 2