DVDVR Message Board

2022 WRESTLERS LEAVING COMPANIES THREAD (Releases, FAs, etc...)

RIPPA

I'd be fine with AEW signing  Claudio if they hadn't just signed Swerve, Buddy Matthews, Tony Nese, Lee Moriarty, Keith Lee, Kyle O'Reilly, Brody King, Jay Lethal, Danhausen, and Bobby Fish in the last few months. Not to mention they're about to sign Jeff Hardy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

I'd be fine with AEW signing  Claudio if they hadn't just signed Swerve, Buddy Matthews, Tony Nese, Lee Moriarty, Keith Lee, Kyle O'Reilly, Brody King, Jay Lethal, Danhausen, and Bobby Fish in the last few months. Not to mention they're about to sign Jeff Hardy.

Those 10 guys (no Jeff, plz) are a good 10 week start for Claudio. Is there any good reason he hasn't faced any of those guys?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Horatio said:

Those 10 guys (no Jeff, plz) are a good 10 week start for Claudio. Is there any good reason he hasn't faced any of those guys?

He's been in WWE for over 10 years. And he did wrestle Jeff Hardy.

Edited by TheVileOne

Just now, TheVileOne said:

He's been in WWE for over 10 years. And he did wrestle Jeff Hardy.

No Jeff, plz. We've all wrestled Jeff at some point in our journeys. 

But seriously, there's no good reason he shouldn't have faced all of those former WWE guys by now. Roster differences? In the same company? They just didn't want CC having any fun.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Which of those guys do you sign over Claudio if you knew he was available? Keith Lee? I don't think you can compare Danhausen - you're certainly not spending money to do the same thing there. Brody King is a little different look and style so that's hard to compare too, but I'd rather have Claudio than Swerve, Buddy, Nese, Moriarty, reDRagon, and Lethal.

Claudio's a guy that can play face or heel believably at any level of the card. Can he draw? We've never found out, but can any wrestler draw in 2022?

As far as Nash and Reigns go, I can see the comparison. Reigns look and demeanor is equal to Nash's immobile style, but I think Big Daddy Cool guy who used to stand on top of Mack trucks and challenge truckers to fist-fight is wayy cooler than angsty Head of the Table Samoan oddity who can't put on weight. Also, the spear is maybe my least liked finisher of all time. Jacknife, cool.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Horatio said:

As far as Nash and Reigns go, I can see the comparison. Reigns look and demeanor is equal to Nash's immobile style, but I think Big Daddy Cool guy who used to stand on top of Mack trucks and challenge truckers to fist-fight is wayy cooler than angsty Head of the Table Samoan oddity who can't put on weight. Also, the spear is maybe my least liked finisher of all time. Jacknife, cool.

I agree with the spear being a lame finisher, but in what world can someone the size of Roman Reigns be described as unable to put on weight?

9 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I agree with the spear being a lame finisher, but in what world can someone the size of Roman Reigns be described as unable to put on weight?

When you look at his family, excluding those delinquents at the kids' table. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

2 hours ago, Horatio said:

He's had two short Thunderdome matches against Buddy. He's had a couple singles against Jeff, and they had a substantial tag team feud so they've been in the ring a bunch. Surprised there's not more against Lethal, but there are a couple four corner survivals and a CZW three way dance from waaaaaay back. He's worked O'Reilly at an ROH show in Toronto. He's got two singles vs Fish. Nothing vs Brody, Lee, and Danhausen, but Cesaro's been under WWE contract for longer than they've been active, so I guess that's a good reason. Only Royal Rumbles for Keith and Nese, and I'm not even sure they overlap there. Nothing for Strickland. So nothing with no good reason on those last three. 

• Like 1