DVDVR Message Board

2022 WRESTLERS LEAVING COMPANIES THREAD (Releases, FAs, etc...)

RIPPA

I’m not surprised honestly. Cody had been distant from the EVP’s since around the early portion of the pandemic, and his onscreen persona completely fumbled after the Ogogo program. If he’s going to continue, he’ll need a refresh at this point. It sucks, cuz now the WWE has a key guy that has the ear of one there top stars in MJF. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Is Hunter's ticker up to Cody's ultimate dream match? ? 

I kinda want Cody to come out in Terminator gear as Triple H's new protege and grab a microphone and say "WCW sucked actually" and be the biggest heel in everywhere but Vince's mind.

• Haha 5

So EVP is just a title and doesn’t carry any degree of equity stake, as no way Cody walks away from that

Good luck to Cody, even if I don’t get it and hope he’s okay given how erratic his promos and interviews have been for the past six months - that ladder one was something. Going from doing whatever you want on national TV (often to the detriment of the show) to having meaningless three star matches with Damien Priest for 8 weeks in a row is an odd choice, but I guess it’s a choice. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Did anyone hear him on Unrestricted LAST WEEK talking about the community program and all of his plans for it? That did not sound like a guy who was going anywhere anytime soon. I could see WWE saying he could basically be in charge of their charity work and that move him to jump on the idea he could do even more good or something but even then, the sort of stuff that they do is much less grassroots than what he was trying to do in AEW.

Seriously, go listen to Unrestricted with him and Amanda Huber.

The line that stood out the most was him saying he'd absolutely never lay down for anyone in AEW who refused when asked to do charity work.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1