DVDVR Message Board

2022 WRESTLERS LEAVING COMPANIES THREAD (Releases, FAs, etc...)

RIPPA

17 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Will history be rewritten to make Steph the more-liked sibling? 

Do you mean by the fans or behind the scenes? Like fandom wise, Shane will probably always be liked more than Steph. Behind the scenes I recall both being generally liked sans this latest news which sounds more like scapegoating for the shitty Rumble.

• Like 1

I don’t understand the scapegoat theory. They’ve put on shitty Rumbles before. They put out shitty programming on a regular basis and still grossed a billion dollars last year. There are no consequences for their failures. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (BP) said:

I don’t understand the scapegoat theory. They’ve put on shitty Rumbles before. They put out shitty programming on a regular basis and still grossed a billion dollars last year. There are no consequences for their failures. 

I didn't even think the rumble was terrible, it wasn't anything special, but it didn't stand out as any worse than any other WWE thing I've watched in the last 5 or so years.  

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Will history be rewritten to make Steph the more-liked sibling? 

Doesn't it depend on how long she can hang on. I mean, they used her husbands heart attack as the opening they needed to gut the last decade of his professional life. These people are ruthless.

Just now, supremebve said:

I didn't even think the rumble was terrible, it wasn't anything special, but it didn't stand out as any worse than any other WWE thing I've watched in the last 5 or so years.  

Basically. It seems like most of the formerly engaged audience tunes into WWE big events to be reminded of why they no longer watch and go on and on about how crummy everything is.  It's nothing new. For some reason this year it feels like the bad press really bothered the higher ups. 

13 minutes ago, JohnnyJ said:

Basically. It seems like most of the formerly engaged audience tunes into WWE big events to be reminded of why they no longer watch and go on and on about how crummy everything is.  It's nothing new. For some reason this year it feels like the bad press really bothered the higher ups. 

I generally only watch big shows when my best friend invites me over.  I see 5 or 6 PPVs a year, realize why I stopped watching and don't watch anything until the next time he texts and asks if I'm trying to watch the PPV.  There have been some terrible shows, this wasn't great, but I think the worst part was Brock winning again...but that doesn't seem to be related to why he was fired.  

29 minutes ago, zendragon said:

Kinda want to see Shane pull a Cody and do appearances in NJPW or Bola, I mean why not considering the timeline weve ended up on

Shane McMahon vs Matt Cardona in GCW would be amazing. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zendragon said:

Kinda want to see Shane pull a Cody and do appearances in NJPW or Bola, I mean why not considering the timeline weve ended up on

Anyone ever seen Shane McMahon and Super Dragon in the same place, same time? Really might put things in perspective for how they were saying he was an "asshole" on Saturday...I mean, did he flip anyone off? Did he call someone a motherfucker? Maybe Brock should have taken a curb-stomp or two; he could have still won the Rumble...Bitches...

Edited by Horatio
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, JohnnyJ said:

Shane was part of the company on/off for forever and the worst you heard about him was he threw shit punches and spent too much time with Johnny Polo. You have to love how they'll bury anyone, including their own on the way out the door. Seriously, what a bunch of savages. 

For all the nonsense that was Shane McMahon, he was kinda sorta a draw in an environment where all of their special attractions (with the exception of Goldberg) have retired. 

100% agree.  I was on vacation and remember watching the Raw from Detroit when Shane returned. When is the last time you heard a pop that loud in WWE?!   I dare say it was just below Punk's Chicago return.   

Never heard anything bad about Shane. If Shane wanted Rollins in the Rumble to boost their feud what harm was it? Neither were likely winning.  Replace an Otis or a Gable with Rollins and I'm sure it would have made sense and who would really care? 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, JohnnyJ said:

Shane was part of the company on/off for forever and the worst you heard about him was he threw shit punches and spent too much time with Johnny Polo. You have to love how they'll bury anyone, including their own on the way out the door. Seriously, what a bunch of savages.

I don't know, I tend to believe the stories mostly because if they just needed a scapegoat and everything would have been fine among the McMahons, they either would have reassigned Shane or fired another non-McMahon producer. To fire AND bury him, something has to have happened.

According to Billie Bhatti, Shane wasn't fired. He just out plans for now. I've been listening to Bhatti's segments on Konnan and Discos YouTube channel for over a month or so and he seems to have a good track record with being correct on news and plans. He takes alot of shots at Meltzer and Sean Ross Sapp and the foe their lack of credibility 

19 hours ago, AxB said:

I’m pretty sure Billi Bhatti got fired from some reputable Newz  site or other for being some flavour of bigot though.

Yeeeeaaaah...That's the first I've seen his name come up in awhile now because I thought that in addition to being a bigot or sex pest, or both, I thought he was also found to be totally full of shit, stealing or plagiarizing from others, and then being ultra combative on Twitter.

Leave it to Konnan and that dumb fuck Glen Gilberti to give him a platform again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Yeeeeaaaah...That's the first I've seen his name come up in awhile now because I thought that in addition to being a bigot or sex pest, or both, I thought he was also found to be totally full of shit, stealing or plagiarizing from others, and then being ultra combative on Twitter.

Leave it to Konnan and that dumb fuck Glen Gilberti to give him a platform again.

Not that I know who we're talking about here, but I think it's fair to assume if you rolling with Glen Gilberti, you gonna feel free to be ultra combative...I'm not sure if stealing or plagiarizing counts against someone who's even been in the same room with K-Dogg either. He's an OG.

Edited by Horatio

4 hours ago, Horatio said:

Not that I know who we're talking about here, but I think it's fair to assume if you rolling with Glen Gilberti, you gonna feel free to be ultra combative...I'm not sure if stealing or plagiarizing counts against someone who's even been in the same room with K-Dogg either. He's an OG.

A very shitty wrestling journo / Twitter meltdown machine / bigot. His getting fired from whatever big site made the news a few years ago - I think it was when he got really, really sexist? Equated all female wrestlers to strippers. Called anyone who disagreed gay slurs. He's also been caught habitually making shit up. Despised by more active wrestlers than I can count. Possibly the least reputable dirtsheet dude in the biz.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, John E. Dynamite said:

A very shitty wrestling journo / Twitter meltdown machine / bigot. His getting fired from whatever big site made the news a few years ago - I think it was when he got really, really sexist? Equated all female wrestlers to strippers. Called anyone who disagreed gay slurs. He's also been caught habitually making shit up. Despised by more active wrestlers than I can count. Possibly the least reputable dirtsheet dude in the biz.

Dang, get him away from Disco and the Cuban!

joking, they may be idiots too, but I don't follow wrestlers backstage personalities.