DVDVR Message Board

2022 WRESTLERS LEAVING COMPANIES THREAD (Releases, FAs, etc...)

RIPPA

Shane McMahon was brought in to book the Rumble, but he failed so they got rid of him. Shane McMahon was scheduled for both the Elimination Chamber and WrestleMania 38, now he is being replaced with Austin Theory instead.

Doesn't seem Nu-WWE wants nepotism hires anymore. If you fuck up.. you are demoted or gone.

Edited by Blue Dragon
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Since Bix's first tweet - others have posted video clips of Kendrick talking about other things that aren't good (but don't need to be reposted here)

Dammit.  Why can't we have nice things!??!?

(To be clear, I'm not talking about people exposing shitty behavior/ideas.  I'm talking about the people who actually do/say the shitty things.)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AxB said:

So why is all this Kendrick stuff coming out now, after he was let go from WWE? Why didn’t it come out when he went there?

AEW has presented itself as the more "woke" of the major US wrestling companies.  Because of that, they seem to be held to a higher standard when hiring/working with wrestlers.  

I'm not making any sort of judgement here.  I'm just pointed out why (IMO) it happens.

I feel like I should point out that I don't see woke as a pejorative term.  While they are by no means anywhere near perfect, I appreciate that AEW at least appears to try to be a more inclusive place.

Edited by Log
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, AxB said:

So why is all this Kendrick stuff coming out now, after he was let go from WWE? Why didn’t it come out when he went there?

I don't remember it personally but I see others on social media saying it was brought up back when he was brought back for the CWC but it didn't gain much traction

I only learned of some of the... tamer... Kendrick stuff when he showed up on the New Day podcast talking about like aliens and stuff.

So when he was announced for AEW - it seems like Bix started just revisiting that stuff and stumbled across the Holocaust denier stuff, which he personally didn't know about. That is when others started posting clips from shoot interviews where he already said it

Yeah, Bix just posted a clip from 2011 of Kendrick chattering away about The Zionists sending helicopters full of 'Jewish medics' to harvest eyeballs from Haitian earthquake casualties. I was looking forward to his breezily enjoyable ten minute match with Moxley as much as anyone, but maybe it's preferable not to give this guy money to ply his trade on national TV, Tony, if you get a spare moment and are reading this?

• Sad 2

The Holocaust stuff also comes up the same week Whoopi got in trouble for her comments on the View. 

So, there's that timing. 

Sydel has worked for TK, right? He has some wacky theories too,but I don't know if they would fall into conspiracy theory. 

1 minute ago, odessasteps said:

The Holocaust stuff also comes up the same week Whoopi got in trouble for her comments on the View. 

So, there's that timing. 

Sydel has worked for TK, right? He has some wacky theories too,but I don't know if they would fall into conspiracy theory. 

As far as I know Sydal just thinks ayahuasca lets him control time. If he also believes that a coven of rabbis is trying to teleport puppies into the sun, he's kept quiet about it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Matt D said:

So, what's Paul London up to?

Not liking Brian Kendrick apparently.

Someone responded to Bix asking if this was why Kendrick and London weren't close anymore and London liked the tweet

(Yes is this all very High Schoolish in the way folks are reading social media - not the subject matter)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

Juice Robinson is done with NJPW, so looks like he and his woman could be AEW bound.

New Japan is advertising him for April 16 in Chicago. I guess it could be a per appearance agreement, or they could be blatantly false advertising. 

I'm pretty sure the holocaust is the absolute easiest thing in the world to discuss.  The shit was bad.  If you start there and keep going straight, you'll be OK.  If you decide to use the words "if" and/or "but" you have taken a detour and you're going to end up in a neighborhood that you won't like.  

• Like 12

Whoopi sounds like a young me who couldn't tell the difference between WASPs and Jewish people, with the difference that young me didn't say, "Oh well, Holocaust was just a white person thing." I'm sure the Romanis and Africans that the Nazis were excited to slaughter alongside Jewish people would be surprised to know that, for one. For two, uh, "white" covers many ethnicities and ethnic cleansing is bad, mmmmmkay? It should definitely concern everyone. 

Though at least she didn't go full Brian Kendrick/Alice Walker, I guess? Holocaust denial is like the lowest of the low shit to say. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

Whoopi sounds like a young me who couldn't tell the difference between WASPs and Jewish people, with the difference that young me didn't say, "Oh well, Holocaust was just a white person thing." I'm sure the Romanis and Africans that the Nazis were excited to slaughter alongside Jewish people would be surprised to know that, for one. For two, uh, "white" covers many ethnicities and ethnic cleansing is bad, mmmmmkay? It should definitely concern everyone. 

Though at least she didn't go full Brian Kendrick/Alice Walker, I guess? Holocaust denial is like the lowest of the low shit to say. 

White is something that means a lot of things to a lot of people.  Our education system is fucking terrible about actually explaining how terrible pretty much all historical atrocities.  It also doesn't help that there aren't that many places in this country that have significant Jewish populations.  I get why some people group Jewish people with white people, but by the time you are as old as Whoopi fucking GOLDBERG, you should probably understand the difference especially when discussing the holocaust.  

• Like 7