DVDVR Message Board

2022 WRESTLERS LEAVING COMPANIES THREAD (Releases, FAs, etc...)

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Shane is still in the "Superstars" section of wwe.com  

Don't let yourself get worked up over fucking WhatCulture is reporting. 

Y'all know better. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 19

Just now, Blue Dragon said:

He was only brought back for the Rumble spot.

It sounds like him working on the Rumble lead to a big... disagreement with Vince/Dunn/Pritchard

There is also some rumblings that one of the things that was constantly being changed was Bad Bunny's spot in the Rumble - which may or may not have been Shane's doing. And, reportedly, the one thing the WWE is really really sensitive about coming off "negatively to a major outside star"

(That later bit is all coming from that Andrew Zarian fella)

• Like 1

Just now, (BP) said:

Considering none of his heir apparents have worked out, I bet Vince wishes he had more to come. 

That's honestly the only thing missing from WWE/The McMahons from officially becoming Succession - Vince hooking up with a way younger assistant to try to have more babies.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dog said:

Stolen from Twitter.

FKm5baYWYA0jnoi?format=jpg&name=900x900

All those years of cosplaying Shao Kahn and it ends up that HHH is just Kurtis Stryker on easy mode. 

Edited by SirSmellingtonofCascadia
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 2

Vince is really... he's really gonna leave controlling share of the company to Grima Worm-Dunn, isn't he? That's how this all ends, right?

"While those other idiots were jumping off high things or getting roided to oblivion, you understood that the most important place to be was up my ass all along Kevin"

Edited by The Comedian
jokes
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

There’s probably a lot to this story, but I’d imagine a significant part of it is the McMahons creating an alternative narrative to counter nepotism claims for decades and Shane undermining that by being inexcusably petty and gauche. It’s weird to me because I’ve never known Shane to have that rep, but it seems like he embarrassed Vince to the people in the company that Vince actually respects. 

31 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Um....  (TW:  Spanky's got thoughts on the Holocaust)

Hide contents

2013, so of course there's some distasteful Sandy Hook shit in there too.

Kendrick sees conspiracies in everything now and even his wife will ignore his rants at times.

Oh, you don't say.

Edited by John from Cincinnati

4 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Wasn't Shane potatoing the fuck out of everyone in the Rumble?  I guarantee he saw this gif a bunch of times since then and was like "I'LL SHOW THEM!" 

Speaking of potatoes, can someone remind me of where this quote comes from?  "Kid, just go ahead and hit me with your shoot punches because your working punches are killing me."

Ricky Morton if I’m not mistaken.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

While I would love to see Shane and HHH take a crack at creating their own national wrestling promotion given the sheer amount of recognizable talent available, being a McMahon or even an in law of the McMahons means you don't challenge the throne in any way, shape, or form. Shane, nor HHH, are risking losing out on hundreds of millions, potentially close to a billion dollars, on a national NXT-esque show that would easily be in third behind WWE and AEW.

But man, it would be cool as shit if it did happen.

• Like 1