DVDVR Message Board

2022 WRESTLERS LEAVING COMPANIES THREAD (Releases, FAs, etc...)

RIPPA

5 hours ago, AxB said:

The best part is, with three quarters of the UE there, and probably more people coming, they could actually get insight from both sides. Or have the ex-NXT workers completely bury their former employers for a laugh, either way.

Side note: That guy does end up posting lots of fake quotes. Pretty sure this is one of them.

• Sad 1

Do you guys think the cause of this might be happening because Triple H, and Steph have gone through a personal divorce due to infidelity, and only a few close people know about it? When’s the last time we’ve seen Paul & Stephanie together in public?

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

2 hours ago, Ace said:

Side note: That guy does end up posting lots of fake quotes. Pretty sure this is one of them.

Nah it's from the barstool wrasslin podcast on youtube he does every couple months. Saw him say it with my own eyes and ears.

• Like 1

He got employment though, he worked GCW last weekend. 

So did Jeff Jarrett, of all people. He attacked Effy, and now they're having a match soon.

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Do you guys think the cause of this might be happening because Triple H, and Steph have gone through a personal divorce due to infidelity, and only a few close people know about it? When’s the last time we’ve seen Paul & Stephanie together in public?

No need to speculate that.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 8

Just something that came up in a dream.

I think this ultimately stems from something that happened in 2015-16. The thing that brought Shane McMahon back into the fold, and looked like he was maybe looking to curry favor with his dad to give him a second chance. Like probably all the way back then Vince was thinking “I don’t really trust my son-in-law with the business anymore, and maybe this shouldn’t be a family owned, and operated company in the future”. That’s the time when I knew something weird was happening behind the scenes, and we only got a glimpse of it through these weird turns onscreen(and a little off screen in the sheetz) that led to what happened yesterday.

This whole family drama(1999-2022) would make for one hell of a book.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

8 hours ago, Gorman said:

If you could combine Ring of Honor and the NWA and all these released people and put on a PPV every two months, you could ... maybe make money?

I don't know... it seems live everybody since 2001 has had the idea of "if we can get 10% of the WWE audience well be rich" and aside from AEW it hasn't worked

• Like 1

Is HHH still out on medical leave for his heart condition?  Add "destroy an executive's (who is a family member!) whole department and eliminate any possible chance he has to advance in the company while's he's healing from a life threatening heart issue" to your Evil Shit This Company Has Done list.

It blows my mind that we've gone from "oh man I can't wait for HHH to get promoted so he can fire Kevin Dunn" to "HHH has less power than the guy who makes Vince's steak wraps" in less than a year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zendragon said:

I don't know... it seems live everybody since 2001 has had the idea of "if we can get 10% of the WWE audience well be rich" and aside from AEW it hasn't worked

In addition, let's just sign all these people even though most of the pieces don't really fit together. Voila! Here is your WWE "alternative".

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nofuture said:

I'm sure Jeff already has the Global Force gold NFTs ready to sell.

Just lost my shit for someone shelling out $5000 for a drawing of Jarrett's face on a horse's ass.  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Is HHH still out on medical leave for his heart condition? 

Well he was healthy enough to do an interview with NBC Nightly News in regards to all the NIL deals the WWE is doing

Meltzer seemed to indicate that that is the one thing he is doing now - being the corporate face of those deals

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

From Vince / Nick Khans point of view, looking at it from purely business view, they will think “did old NXT uncover a Rock, Cena, Lesnar level talent? No. Was it costing a lot to run? Yes.” So the recent decisions do make sense.

But the thing is, yes, they've had the "Rocks/Cenas/Lesnars", they've just turned right around and cut them off at the knees the second they've moved to the main roster.

And technically you could argue a case for the Shield.

Edited by nate
  • Like 1

You can't gauge a developmental territory on how many once-a-generation talents they pumped out.  That's absurd.  "Oh, they didn't give us the next Austin.  Tear it down!"  And as @nate intimated, we have no idea whether NXT generated massive stars or not because WWE books everyone into the trash heap. 

Keep in mind, every megastar of the past few decades succeeded despite WWE's best efforts to derail them.  WWE didn't make those people and in most cases, they got in their way.  We have no idea how many Steve Austins came up from NXT and never got past Ringmaster status.

I still think this company could have had their own little version of the All Japan women of the '80s (in the sense of drawing young women and girls to the product) based around Charlotte/Becky/Sasha/Bayley and other key pieces like Asuka. To me, that is the biggest missed opportunity of NXT. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, nate said:

But the thing is, yes, they've had the "Rocks/Cenas/Lesnars", they've just turned right around and cut them off at the knees the second they've moved to the main roster.

And technically you could argue a case for the Shield.

Rocks/Cenas/Lesnars is what we play in my house to settle disputes.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

I still think this company could have had their own little version of the All Japan women of the '80s (in the sense of drawing young women and girls to the product) based around Charlotte/Becky/Sasha/Bayley and other key pieces like Asuka. To me, that is the biggest missed opportunity of NXT. 

I thought NXT would have started a "Tag Team Revolution " like they did with Women's division when Sasha, Becky and Charlotte moved to the main roster you had  American Alpha and the Revival headlining shows. I thought they would have leveled out the tag team division the same way the women's division is

17 hours ago, Pete said:

Just lost my shit for someone shelling out $5000 for a drawing of Jarrett's face on a horse's ass.  

Money well spent, I'm sure, but still. Look, if you have 5 grand to throw away on something like that, you may have too much in a way of disposable income.