DVDVR Message Board

2022 WRESTLERS LEAVING COMPANIES THREAD (Releases, FAs, etc...)

RIPPA

Thinking about how Lord Alfred Hayes had an on-camera role for such a long time and decades later, they possibly never considered having Regal commentate or do something else on TV once they lost interest in him as NXT Commissioner.

It wouldn’t shock me if he flunked some part of the test for what they want in a main show WWE Commentator. Unless he also didn’t want to travel to do Raw/Smackdown, it seems like they could have at least kept him around to be an onscreen personality

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dog said:

Okay HHH, now you've got a head of creative for when you pitch to Mark Cuban and Viacom. ?

This would be a better angle than literally any angle in pro wrestling in years. 

2 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

Thinking about how Lord Alfred Hayes had an on-camera role for such a long time and decades later, they possibly never considered having Regal commentate or do something else on TV once they lost interest in him as NXT Commissioner.

It wouldn’t shock me if he flunked some part of the test for what they want in a main show WWE Commentator. Unless he also didn’t want to travel to do Raw/Smackdown, it seems like they could have at least kept him around to be an onscreen personality

Regal initially did commentary with Ross in NXT. He wouldn't fit WWE's style.

1 hour ago, nate said:

He's good at it, is what I'm hearing.

Lord Steven Regal and Gordon Solie is the best commentary team ever. Shame almost nobody got to hear them... presumably the tapes of 93 Worldwide (international edition) are in WWE's vault somewhere.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AxB said:

Lord Steven Regal and Gordon Solie is the best commentary team ever. Shame almost nobody got to hear them... presumably the tapes of 93 Worldwide (international edition) are in WWE's vault somewhere.

If it’s Taz in character, and Regal in old character, then you might have something.

50 minutes ago, AxB said:

can't imagine all the unlabeled tapes still in a WWE vault somewhere

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
19 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

can't imagine all the unlabeled tapes still in a WWE vault somewhere

Me neither. Can't wait for the SC lads to one day post something like "HILLBILLY JIM WORKRATE BANGERS"

@Matt D is that Andre/Snuka v Piper/Schultz tag you recently reviewed still floating around online? 

10 minutes ago, Jimbo_Tsuruta said:

Me neither. Can't wait for the SC lads to one day post something like "HILLBILLY JIM WORKRATE BANGERS"

if the WWE just uploaded all the C/D show stuff they had, they could launch a  channel on the same level of early JustinTV channels that just ran loops of 1995 WCW syndicated TV.

There's gotta be some old wrestler with Omni footage that Nick Khan was a mark for in the 80s.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EVA said:

I’ll reiterate what i said last time: I just want Joe to walk the Earth and have great matches everywhere. Don’t get tied down to one place.

we need more of this in general. guys moving around. Used to be Vince would get guys in their latter 30s or early 40's and they'd stick around for maybe 5 years (Orginal Hulkamania run was about 10 years with much less television exposure) Now you have guys like Orton who are fixtures on weekly tv for 20 years

• Like 2

Just now, John from Cincinnati said:

Hunter is Tom. 

Tom was competent enough to overthrow his wife and align with her father. Hunter is definitely not Tom. 

Though the idea of Hunter having his own "Greg" is great and they should have had a wrestler fill that role when they were doing all that Authority stuff.