DVDVR Message Board

2022 WRESTLERS LEAVING COMPANIES THREAD (Releases, FAs, etc...)

RIPPA

17 hours ago, RIPPA said:

God - its like if you got mentioned ever with Diamond Mine - you are gone

Go ahead and release Ivy Nile.  I am all for her and Leyla Hirsch forming a jacked heel version of the KCs in AEW.  TINY, BRAWNY, EVIL~!

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

This is the business equivalent of that Always Sunny episode where Charlie is peeing on Mac's shoes and making direct eye contact to mark his territory mere cat style. Vince straight up pissing on Triple H's shoes. Ah damn pal you told Regal he'd have a job for life? God damn why would you do something stupid like that? Oh Scott Armstrong & Road Dogg have always been there to have your back? Well god damn pal maybe you should have worked a little harder and not let your friends down.

The Rock ended up with the last laugh. Didn't Hunter and Shawn used to bully Rock when he started out? 

Everyone thought HHH was taking over for sure up till about 2 years ago. Now Rock is basically cosigning Nick Khan as if he's the one who connected him with Vince. 

Everyone says Hunter and Jeff Jarrett are 2 of the smartess people in wrestling politically but Rock if he wants to he can basically shadow run WWE without having his name tied to it.

Cornette said Rock is "too smart" to Run a wrestling company.  Yeah but he is still a big fan Wrestling as a whole. He interacts randomly with wrestlers in and outside of WWE from the independents to the UK to freaking Mutoh. Outside of those couple of years where he had that falling out with Vince early in his Hollywood run he's been closely associated with Wrestling,even if it's through his Mom, his Cousins , now his daughter. I can see Triple H having his brush with death and deciding to give up hid duties as an executive to be a Dad full-time. Triple H was always perceived as the guy that lived the business more than any of his peers. He molded NXT into what it was till the Reboot which happened when he got ill now alot of his highest pushed guys are with the competition. I listened to an interview Shawn did with Denise Salcedo where Shawn basically admitted that he had no control over the change in the system.  I kinda felt sorry for Shawn Because you can tell he's taking on more responsibility with Hunter getting sick and you can tell he didn't want to lose Cole and O'Reilly and probably would've had better chance of some of them staying if not for Hunter being out and all the other changes.  Long story short,  Nick Khan has had more influence on WWE in 2 years more than anyone besides Vince I seen Kris Zelner Twitter that earlier

19 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

The Rock ended up with the last laugh. Didn't Hunter and Shawn used to bully Rock when he started out? 

Everyone thought HHH was taking over for sure up till about 2 years ago. Now Rock is basically cosigning Nick Khan as if he's the one who connected him with Vince. 

Everyone says Hunter and Jeff Jarrett are 2 of the smartess people in wrestling politically but Rock if he wants to he can basically shadow run WWE without having his name tied to it.

Cornette said Rock is "too smart" to Run a wrestling company.  Yeah but he is still a big fan Wrestling as a whole. He interacts randomly with wrestlers in and outside of WWE from the independents to the UK to freaking Mutoh. Outside of those couple of years where he had that falling out with Vince early in his Hollywood run he's been closely associated with Wrestling,even if it's through his Mom, his Cousins , now his daughter. I can see Triple H having his brush with death and deciding to give up hid duties as an executive to be a Dad full-time. Triple H was always perceived as the guy that lived the business more than any of his peers. He molded NXT into what it was till the Reboot which happened when he got ill now alot of his highest pushed guys are with the competition. I listened to an interview Shawn did with Denise Salcedo where Shawn basically admitted that he had no control over the change in the system.  I kinda felt sorry for Shawn Because you can tell he's taking on more responsibility with Hunter getting sick and you can tell he didn't want to lose Cole and O'Reilly and probably would've had better chance of some of them staying if not for Hunter being out and all the other changes.  Long story short,  Nick Khan has had more influence on WWE in 2 years more than anyone besides Vince I seen Kris Zelner Twitter that earlier

Yes. The Rock also posted a photo recently of him with Nick Khan.

Edited by The Natural

It will be interesting to look back in a couple of years to this time - will it be seen as a move that re-vitalized WWE or the beginning of a true road to ruin. The biggest problem is most of the main roster main eventers are well old.  Seth Rollins at 35 is the youngest one who is really a singles main event on the male side. 

• Like 1

Has to be disheartening watching your colleagues/friends released. To let William Regal go, who can do it all. William. Regal. Allison Danger who moved across the country for WWE is released on her kid's first day at a new school. Treat people the way you'd want to be. It's not a hard concept to grasp unlike the WWE.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 6

12 hours ago, Infinit said:

I wonder how long NXT UK lasts?

UK labor laws kind of prevent the workers from being cut, no? Plus the television deal with BT Sports probably keeps them safe. I'm not that read up on NXT UK, but the only people that have been outright fired were the problematic workers, like Ligero, right? Joseph Conners left, but that was more likely because of his contract just ending and neither side wanting to continue on.

Thinking about how Lord Alfred Hayes had an on-camera role for such a long time and decades later, they possibly never considered having Regal commentate or do something else on TV once they lost interest in him as NXT Commissioner.

It wouldn’t shock me if he flunked some part of the test for what they want in a main show WWE Commentator. Unless he also didn’t want to travel to do Raw/Smackdown, it seems like they could have at least kept him around to be an onscreen personality

• Like 1