DVDVR Message Board

Fallout 4?

Gonzo

Right as always POE. Right. As. Always...

When would I ever say I knew what was going to happen?

I'm just surprised that Bethesda hasn't announced the Remaster treatment yet. I mean they're doing a friggin' remaster of Arcania: The Complete Tale on PS4 and NO ONE bought that on PS3.

Still, if Fallout 4 comes out this year, WHOA.

If it were coming out this year, wouldn't they have already announced a date and started taking pre-orders for it? Hell, if it's coming out sometime before 2017, they would've already started taking pre-orders for it.

If it were coming out this year, wouldn't they have already announced a date and started taking pre-orders for it? Hell, if it's coming out sometime before 2017, they would've already started taking pre-orders for it.

My guess is this is setup to announce a giant pre-order thingy at E3 with a release date of November so and so. Game simply looks too far along to be a giant wait.

Bethesda knew Fallout 4 was gonna sell tons regardless. Keeping us in the dark has turned this into the video game story of the year. They knew what they were doing.O

I fully expect them to do a Fallout 3/Fallout New Vegas Remaster or even Fallout 1 & 2 PSN/XBLA releases. I don't think we'll even see Fallout 4 this year at E3.

Right as always POE. Right. As. Always...

When would I ever say I knew what was going to happen?

I'm just surprised that Bethesda hasn't announced the Remaster treatment yet. I mean they're doing a friggin' remaster of Arcania: The Complete Tale on PS4 and NO ONE bought that on PS3.

Still, if Fallout 4 comes out this year, WHOA.

Mmm...interesting...

Silly arguments aside...

You know what really grinds my gears? People whining about how the graphics don't look good enough. I'm starting to think the modernized graphics are a blight on video gaming, because everyone whines if it doesn't look freaking perfect, but to make it look freaking perfect you basically have to spends millions upon millions of dollars and months upon months of time in prep, and it's not only priced out all but like, 6 main developers from really being major players in the gaming community, but it also leads to the games they do come out with being mediocre because either the game appears broken due to the extremely high level a game has to work on the graphics that they run, or the actual gameplay ends up underdeveloped. That not even going into it being a freaking TRAILER for the game. 

• Like 2

Silly arguments aside...

You know what really grinds my gears? People whining about how the graphics don't look good enough. I'm starting to think the modernized graphics are a blight on video gaming, because everyone whines if it doesn't look freaking perfect, but to make it look freaking perfect you basically have to spends millions upon millions of dollars and months upon months of time in prep, and it's not only priced out all but like, 6 main developers from really being major players in the gaming community, but it also leads to the games they do come out with being mediocre because either the game appears broken due to the extremely high level a game has to work on the graphics that they run, or the actual gameplay ends up underdeveloped. That not even going into it being a freaking TRAILER for the game.

Gamers have everything better than they've ever had it, and they can't stop bitching about it.

According to HLTB (take it for what you will), New Vegas is actually a little longer than Fallout 3 from a Main Quest perspective.  (25 hours vs. 29 1/2 hours). The extras make 3 slightly longer ( 61 hours vs 55 hours).

• Like 1

Hey - someone just did a speed run that took less than 25 minutes.

I think that is short enough to hold Fresh's attention

Does it have a multiplayer, if it doesn't, probably not.

Shit - it look me more than 25 minutes just to get out of the damn Vault when I started the game today.

I should not have watched that speed run, now I just feel like an idiot.

You can build your own settlement

You can customize the bejesus out of every weapon in the game

You can customize your power armor

Mass Effect style dialogue choices

Collector's edition will come with a fucking Pip-Boy!

I may need to change my pants

• Like 2

Yeah man. Watch Bethesda's E3 thing on youtube. The Fallout 4 stuff will make you blow your load, and Doom 4 (only being called Doom) looks badass as well. Oh forgot to mention you can actually USE the pip boy that comes with the Collector's edition. 2nd screen sort of thing.

Weren't Sessler and Webb supposed to host it?

Either way, it was a great event.  Bethesda knows how to run these showcases.  Very little bullshit, wasn't overly long.  No dumbass celebrity hosts.  Todd Howard was awesome.  I love how he basically said that second screen experiences are stupid gimmicks, "but ours is the best fucking stupid gimmick ever!"  

EA and Ubisoft will have a lot to live up to tomorrow, I'm attending both.  Bethesda set a high bar this year.

Got a nice set of free figures from Bethesda as well.  EA and Ubisoft, I'm willing to accept nice gifts to impress me.  

• Like 1

I mean, the Pipboy is the stupidest shit.

I really want one.

"Stupid" must be some sort of code word for "fucking awesome," because that way the sentence makes sense.

I am totally pre-ordering one of those. I might be forgetting one, but I think this will be the first Collector's Edition game I've ever ordered.