DVDVR Message Board

Fallout 4?

Gonzo

I love the color palette. Fallout 3 looked so grungy and this looks to balance that out with some really beautiful and sharp colors.

I couldn't play Fallout 3 because I couldn't see shit when the game went to nighttime! Seriously.

This looks better.

So, the things.

Clearly takes place in Boston.

Getting to play the time before the Nukes drop.

Your main character talks now? Did they finally take the Mass Effect step?

Just... So much awesome.

It kinda sounded like Mark Meer too.

Not sure if you're actually playing before the bombs drop, but if we get some video of that, then that is exciting, to me anyway. Aside from how it looked, my first "OOH!" moment was when you saw what things looked like before the apocalypse and the audio of the news broadcast.

And I'm happy as hell that The Ink Spots are back on the soundtrack. Hell, after Fallout 3, I've looked forward to the soundtracks for New Vegas and Fallout 4 almost as much as the games themselves.

Really excited. Fallout 3 was my very first PS3 game and I loved it so much. Never got to play New Vegas because I was out of the country that year. This kinda makes me wanna pick it up on the cheap just to get in the Fallout mindset before the new one comes out.

What a sweet trailer. Love that they're still using music by the Inkspots. As soon as their signature song intro started, I was smiling from ear to ear.

Poor poor bitter Dan  ;)

I guess we will need to hit up HiTechWise for ME4 co-op.

I may have to get a part time job at Gamestop again to get an xBone and F4 with the employee discount.

• Like 1

It came out when my 360 got the 3 red lights and I was unemployed for awhile, so I went like a year without playing games at all. Missed a bunch of stuff.

Hell, you can probably get some "Game of the Year" edition with all the DLC for about $10 by now.

Not having played Fallout 3 blows my mind, color issues or not. Legitimate case for best game of its era.

It's a game I want to get back into playing. I think I deleted my saves for a clean restart (I did not get too far into it).

I'm not big on exploring too much with Games like Fallout because I don't want to miss something that will force me to have to restart half-way through the game.

I had played through a guide that pointed me in a direction. When I couldn't find where I was going, I got frustrated and never picked it back up.

I still believe RDR is the best game of the last console generation, however.

• Like 1

It came out when my 360 got the 3 red lights and I was unemployed for awhile, so I went like a year without playing games at all. Missed a bunch of stuff.

Hell, you can probably get some "Game of the Year" edition with all the DLC for about $10 by now.

http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-3-Game-Year-Xbox-360/dp/B001REZLY8/ref=sr_1_1_twi_1_gam?ie=UTF8&qid=1433355367&sr=8-1&keywords=fallout+3+game+of+the+year+edition

$9.99 today on Amazon.

Fallout 3 is worth playing. It's not as good at the RPG elements of the game as New Vegas, but it is definitely really fun. Plus Broken Steel and Point Lookout were actually really fun DLC.