DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - TBS Premier Episode - 01/05/2022

Gordlow

1 minute ago, Big Z said:

I'll go Meltzer here with Omega/Okada at Dominion 2017 with the draw, and then the 2 out of 3 falls match the following Dominion that went 60+.

Can't believe I forgot those. Okada/Omega, Dominion 2018 gets my vote now. Gave that *****. Unpopular opinion, the Dominion 2017 draw is the worst of the four Okada/Omega matches.

38 minutes ago, The Natural said:

What are the best 60 minute matches? Samoa Joe vs. CM Punk from ROH in June 2004 and October 2004 come straight to mind with the aforementioned Adam Page vs. Bryan Danielson broadway.

Kobashi vs. Kawada All Japan 1/19/95

• Like 4

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
30 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Cheers mate. Former is one I've never got round to seeing even though I want to. I need to see more Nick Bockwinkel.

Bock is firmly in my top five. Great matches against Hennig, Martel, Lawler etc. @Matt D wrote some great in-depth stuff on Bock over at PWO. 

Edited by Jimbo_Tsuruta

15 hours ago, The Natural said:

On the subject of Uncle Dave's ratings, I'd have gone higher on:

Yeah, I would not go the full five for that match, but probably 4 1/2 or 4 3/4 stars, and it's the second best women's match in AEW history behind the Rosa/Britt Lights Out match (though the Britt/Statlander match at All Out 2021 is not too far off either, and Deeb/Riho at the Double or Nothing Buy In was a shitload of fun also).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Big Z said:

Yeah, I would not go the full five for that match, but probably 4 1/2 or 4 3/4 stars, and it's the second best women's match in AEW history behind the Rosa/Britt Lights Out match (though the Britt/Statlander match at All Out 2021 is not too far off either, and Deeb/Riho at the Double or Nothing Buy In was a shitload of fun also).

I agree on all counts.