DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - TBS Premier Episode - 01/05/2022

Hangman knows the important lesson of MMA and Boxing.  Never leave the decision in the hands of the judges.  My inner ghoul is satisfied by all of the blood.  What a fucking war!  BILLIONS OF STARS~!

Shawn Dean has a victory over MJF.  Not the way he expected to win, but I'd find a way to forgive Punk for kneeing me in the face.  MJF kayfabe threatening to go to WWE if he's not treated with respect is so MJF.  MJF booking Wardlow in his stead to face Punk is also very MJF.  

I must purchase the AEW reDRagon shirt.  

Jade Cargill is X-Men cosplay taunting Thunder Rosa!  FUCK YEAH~!  How can I boo Jade with a clear conscience when her kid is at ringside?  I like the booking of both participants being wounded and working on the other's injury.  It's a race to see who will break first.  The writing was on the wall when Jade kicked out of No Future.  A better match than I expected out of this title bracket.   Grats to Jade on the inaugural TBS title reign.  She looked absolutely radiant in victory.

Serena Deeb is fucking awesome.

Julia Hart comes to ringside with Pillman Jr sporting an eyepatch and sans gigantic hairbow.  This shit is serious.  Pillman gave a valiant effort, but at no point in the match did I believe that he had a snowball's chance in Hell of emerging victorious.  Good offense from Pillman and phenomenal striking from Black.  I love the fighting gravity sell of the Black Mass that Pillman and other guys do.  Struggle against the darkness in vain.

For a second there, I thought that the Luchas weren't going to get their champions' entrance because they came out to try to get some getback on Malakai Black. I love me a crazy ass spotfest, but there is no way that Jungle Boy should've kicked out of the double team after taking that Tiger Driver on the ring apron.  That being said, it is about fucking time that Jungle Boy had some gold around his waist.  The parade of challengers was a nice touch.  The journey has not ended, Jurassic Express; It has just begun.

Great end of a great show.  Please don't die, Rey Fenix.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 6

Nice of them to give Chris Jericho and his unfortunate dyejob a random seat in the arena for the main event

Other notes:

I didn't realize until tonight that Julia Hart wasn't a random Hart family member

Pillmanito sorta looked like a goof again in losing

I didn't actually notice the Fenix injury because I was looking at Luchasaurus selling his forearm

Maybe having random dudes in seats around the arena like this was Starrcade 97 was a little unnecessary since you also had a swarm of dudes coming out of the entrance way after the match.

Seriously Chris, lay off the hair dye

What an amazing match. Love when a rematch has little bits of continuity like each guy having an answer to the other's offence. The home stretch was incredible. Danielson spends the last 3 months getting over all these ways he can beat you: The Knee. The Stomps. The LaBell Lock. The Triangle. The Gotch Piledriver. The Heel Hook. Hangman gets out of all of them and then murderlizes Bryan with a backdrop driver like he's 2008 Morishima. Hangman did his homework. Dude is a made man in my eyes. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

I wouldn't be surprised if that ending was an audible and they're having to rewrite a bunch of things now. 

Fenix gonna be gone for a good while, and Penta's going to be doing singles and looking for buddies to fight Malakai.

That world title match was NWA x NJPW style in the best way.  Best bits of what made both of them great.

• Like 5

I think I liked this Danielson/Page match better than the first one as it didn't have a foregone conclusion. They amped up the intensity a good bit this time too and it made for a more exciting match. It will be curious to see where Bryan goes from here.

When Black came out I was expecting Brody King to debut or something else to happen. Pillman showed some decent fire here.

There were a few iffy spots in the women's match, but Jade looked good overall. I'm really looking forward to the next Deeb/Shida match.

Jungle Boy is one of the hottest young prospects in AEW but TJE are by no means the best tag team there. It was good to see something fresh going on with the division though. I didn't catch Rey's injury the first time around, but shit, his arm bent back at least 90 degrees the wrong way. The lights out thing ended up being nothing?

• Like 1

Sucks seeing Rey Fenix's arm injury. Man, that was nasty. Wouldn't be surprised if an audible was called to have Jurassic Express win the AEW World Tag Team Championship from the Lucha Brothers. I was always wanting it to be #FTR then Santana and Ortiz. Get well soon Rey Fenix.

Edited by The Natural

5 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

What an amazing match. Love when a rematch has little bits of continuity like each guy having an answer to the other's offence. The home stretch was incredible. Danielson spends the last 3 months getting over all these ways he can beat you: The Knee. The Stomps. The LaBell Lock. The Triangle. The Gotch Piledriver. The Heel Hook. Hangman gets out of all of them and then murderlizes Bryan with a backdrop driver like he's 2008 Morishima. Hangman did his homework. Dude is a made man in my eyes. 

And the Buckshot is the deadliest move in the world. It only took ONE to beat the best.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

I love callbacks like that in matches. The Samoa Joe/CM Punk ROH trilogy from 2004 I brought up earlier was great at them. Well said my friend, @Sammo~!.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Page/Danielson was the craziest title match I've ever seen on TV. It's kind of a ballsy move to allow them to go that hard in the first match on your network debut. The show dragged after that and the Fenix injury ended it on bad note. Maybe have a talk with whoever okayed that spot.

• Like 4