DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - TBS Premier Episode - 01/05/2022

Oh boy are we getting a lot of professional wrestling this week.

Elevation and Dark were both excellent.

Wrestle Kingdom suffered somewhat due to the lack of gaijin outsiders and the crowd having to be quiet, but Okada vs Shingo, Hiromu vs Despy, the tag title match, Cobb vs Naito, and the Night Two main event all totally delivered, the Ranbo and KOPW matches were fun, they had a joshi match in the Dome, and Katsuyori Shibata looked great...

and now:

American Dragon vs No Longer Quite So Anxious Millennial Cowboy, part two!!!!!!!!

Even after watching that much wrestling the last couple of days, I am as stoked as it is possible to be, for this. I am sure I am far from the only one feeling that way.

Ruby vs Jade!!!!!

Which is your favourite gemstone? Also: Who will be the inaugural TBS Women’s Champion? I really don't know. This could go either way.

JE vs LB!!!

Three title matches on free TV. I'm stoked for all three. I'm not sure who will win any of them.

I am happy.

Malakai vs El Hijo del Flyin' Brian!!!

I have a pretty strong suspicion about who will win this one. I'm still pretty stoked for it, anyway.

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 5

Also apparently “MJF In Action”. Which is either an angle advancement for Punk Vs. MJF, or a ruse for Hangman & Danielson to go the time limit again. 

I would be super cool with the title going Broadway again, and Danielson winning by split decision. Outside of the NWA TNA Impact FSN run, i’ve never seen a title match won on a split decision. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 3

Pumped for Adam Page vs. Bryan Danielson II. I'd put the AEW World Championship on Bryan Danielson. I know there's some here who's disagree. It's cool we have the community we do. I see the match ending either at the 50+ minute mark or judges decision with perhaps a no time limit match at some point.

One of the best booking I've ever seen was Gabe Sapolsky making Samoa Joe and CM Punk go broadway in two Ring of Honor matches in June 2004 and October 2004 making the third in December 2004 a no time limit match. We all thought it would go over 60 but it ended in 33 minutes with CM Punk getting busted open, Ricky Steamboat at ringside stopping the bell getting rung spotting Punk moving his fingers in the rear naked choke and Samoa Joe so desperate to keep his 18 month ROH World Championship reign going, he put his feet in the ropes when rolling up Punk. Gave all three matches *****.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3

Omega starting to repair his relationship with Hangmin could definitely be interesting. Not sure Bret Hart should be traveling during this surge in the pandemic, otherwise he's a slam dunk. I would hope they could bring in one local legend. 

Apparently Hangmin took AEW word champion outta his Twitter bio. 

Edited by Jiji

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

Pumped for Adam Page vs. Bryan Danielson II. I'd put the AEW World Championship on Bryan Danielson. I know there's some here who's disagree. It's cool we have the community we do. I see the match ending either at the 50+ minute mark or judges decision with perhaps a no time limit match at some point.

One of the best booking I've ever seen was Gabe Sapolsky making Samoa Joe and CM Punk go broadway in two Ring of Honor matches in June 2004 and October 2004 making the third in December 2004 a no time limit match. We all thought it would go over 60 but it ended in 33 minutes with CM Punk getting busted open, Ricky Steamboat at ringside stopping the bell getting rung spotting Punk moving his fingers in the rear naked choke and Samoa Joe so desperate to keep his 18 month ROH World Championship reign going, he put his feet in the ropes when rolling up Punk. Gave all three matches *****.

You'll appreciate this, Natural. I borrowed Bryan Danielson's watch to time the first Punk-Joe match, because Gabe knew the fans at home would want to be sure that the match went the full 60 minutes.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Gorman said:

You'll appreciate this, Natural. I borrowed Bryan Danielson's watch to time the first Punk-Joe match, because Gabe knew the fans at home would want to be sure that the match went the full 60 minutes.

Indeed I do. Cheers for sharing, Gorman!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

I thought Max Caster was already announced as one of the judges.

I saw that too and it's real weird. Maybe a heel working an angle on twitter and he will be told "no" on the actual show to make room for legit choices?

Definitely seems like a screwy finish coming if it goes to the judges and you have an active heel on the roster as one of the judges. Which makes me think this one won't go to the judges at all.

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

One of the best booking I've ever seen was Gabe Sapolsky making Samoa Joe and CM Punk go broadway in two Ring of Honor matches in June 2004 and October 2004 making the third in December 2004 a no time limit match. We all thought it would go over 60 but it ended in 33 minutes with CM Punk getting busted open, Ricky Steamboat at ringside stopping the bell getting rung spotting Punk moving his fingers in the rear naked choke and Samoa Joe so desperate to keep his 18 month ROH World Championship reign going, he put his feet in the ropes when rolling up Punk.

Agreed with all this, except, as great of a booker as Gabe is/was, I suspect this was more something Punk and Joe wanted to do, and Gabe said, "Okay."

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Am I misremembering or did TK also say before that the show may look different for the TBS debut? Maybe a new look set?

Not gonna lie, I would love for a new set. All they do now to separate Dynamite/Rampage is rolling a red carpet on the ramp. Although they will still be getting taped together AFAIK, so wishful thinking for now.

No way in hell is the world title match going an hour with four other matches and a Jericho promo (phooey). Two of them are squashes more or less and Jade won't go long but still... I don't see how they could make it work.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jiji said:

No way in hell is the world title match going an hour with four other matches and a Jericho promo (phooey). Two of them are squashes more or less and Jade won't go long but still... I don't see how they could make it work.

I also don't think it will go the hour either. But Winter Is Coming had 3 other matches. Only one of those was a squash (Wardlow), and two were 10 minute+ matches (Shida vs Deeb / MJF vs Dante). So they could do two squashes and two 7 or 8 minute matches and have time for another hour. Logistically it's definitely possible. But I don't think it will go that long. Guessing somewhere in the 35-45 minute range.