DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2021 - WEEK 18

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

now I don't know what playoff chaos gets unleashed by Pittsburgh playing to another tie and finishing 8-7-2, but that's on the board after BAL pulls even at 13

I am not 100% positive but I believe a 2nd Pittsburgh tie would at a minimum eliminate the Steelers (since there would be 3 teams with 9 wins - LAC, Vegas and Indy). It will also eliminate Baltimore.

Basically both Pittsburgh and Baltimore need to win the game to keep their playoffs alive

Just now, RIPPA said:

Jags will get to end on a win AND still get the #1 pick

ELITE!!!

Losing to the Clowns is never good (even in a meaningless game resting starters) but we have bigger and better things to worry about. Looks like we will play the Pats in The Jungle so we will be Bruno in MSG level babyfaces throughout America next week.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Well we have hit the dream scenario where both the Raiders and Chargers can make the playoffs by both teams taking a knee the entire game  ?

it's an excellent opportunity for the Raiders and Chargers to force some rules changes ?

• Haha 4

Okay - here is officially what happens if the Pitt/Bal game ends in tie

Vegas Clinches Spot instantly

LAC Clinches Spot with win

Indy clinches sport with LAC loss

Pittsburgh and Baltimore are both eliminated

Just now, Mister TV said:

Steelers win!!!! Now the NFL’s worst nightmare, two teams potentially attempting to fix the outcome or a game. 

I imagine making the last week of the season be entirely composed of division rivalries is supposed to partially safeguard against this by relying on mutual animosity.

but they've also actively tried to engineer the Sunday Night finale to be an unofficial play-in game as much as possible so yeah, it'd be fun if PRIME TIME COLLUSION~! embarrassed them into doing what baseball already does (i.e. no night game on the last day of the season, everyone plays simultaneously to prevent foreknowledge tempting collusion)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BobbyWhioux said:

I imagine making the last week of the season be entirely composed of division rivalries is supposed to partially safeguard against this by relying on mutual animosity.

but they've also actively tried to engineer the Sunday Night finale to be an unofficial play-in game as much as possible so yeah, it'd be fun if PRIME TIME COLLUSION~! embarrassed them into doing what baseball already does (i.e. no night game on the last day of the season, everyone plays simultaneously to prevent foreknowledge tempting collusion)

Goodell has to be on a conference call with Davis, Spanos, and the head coaches telling them if try to fix the game they’ll be banned for life. 

• Haha 2

I have to question the intelligence of any fan that thinks the Chargers and Raiders aren't going to try to win tonight, except discussing it just for giggles (which is understandable). The NFL is a multi-billion dollar business that all owners get the benefit of, they aren't going to have a "collusion" game on national TV in any scenario.

Now, it would be funny if the game happens to be a tie and go into overtime, that I'm rooting for just for the memes.

• Like 1

I pity the League if Raiders-Chargers go into overtime.  If it even briefly looks like it might end up in a tie, no one is going to believe the teams are legitimately trying to win.

Edited by Mark
  • Like 1

Just now, Mark said:

I pity the League if Raiders-Chargers go into overtime.  If it even briefly looks like it might end up, no one is going to believe the teams aren’ trying to tie.

imagine the desperate and obvious ref fuckery to move someone into field goal range to make sure somebody scores to win if it gets down to the wire