DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2021 - WEEK 18

Dolfan in NYC

I've learned from watching this sad game that Zach Wilson runs backwards way too much and takes too many sacks where he should just throw the ball away. That's not an unusual rookie thing, and its fixable, but he is making the Bills look like sack masters which they definitely are not.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mister TV said:

Goodell has to be on a conference call with Davis, Spanos, and the head coaches telling them if try to fix the game they’ll be banned for life. 

Banned?  I was thinking he'd just threaten to bury them with Jimmy Hoffa, but, sure, "banned" works too.

Y'know Goodell is on on the phone with Bill Gates tonight saying "Dammit, Bill, I should have let you implant the nanobots when we had the chance.  We could just take control and Madden the sh** out of this game tonight."

(For those that don't know, one of the odder COVID conspiracy theories is that Bill Gates invented COVID so he's have an excuse to inject us with nanobots in the vaccine and mind control us all.  At this point, I'm not even sure that's a bad idea).

For the record, I don't believe for a second any coach or player is entertaining the notion of playing to a tie so a divisional rival can make the playoffs.

• Like 1

Well the Jets managed to set a team record for least total yards on offense in one game, so that's exciting. Mostly due to all the lost sack yards (82 yards!). After all that, the Bills still managed to cover the spread (-16.5). If they could manage to play a complete game any given week they would be a hard team to beat.

• Like 1

Niners INT to clinch the win and #6 seed.

Rams win the division but drop to the #3 slot so these teams will have a rematch next week.

edit: correction, they drop all the way to #4, so we get an SF vs DAL playoff game for the first time in far, far, far too long.

Edited by BobbyWhioux
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, hammerva said:

So does the winner of the Raiders/Chargers game get to play in the Nickelodeon game with Cincy?   it seems like it an AFC game and I can't imagine them giving the 2nd or 3rd seed that kind of game

Pairings aren't locked in yet, match-ups in the AFC differ a bit depending on who wins tonight. Bengals will get either the Patriots or Raiders. I assume Bengals/Raiders would get a poor time slot, whatever that may be if that ends up happening.

Raiders win:  Raiders 5 Pats 6 Steelers 7

Chargers win: Pats 5 Chargers 6 Steelers 7

TIE:  Pats 5 Chargers 6 Raiders 7

7 goes to KC, 6 goes to BUF, 5 goes to CIN

all my wild speculation today and yet none of it seems as crazy to me as the fact that the Raiders apparently have a tiebreaker on the Pats somehow

28 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

all my wild speculation today and yet none of it seems as crazy to me as the fact that the Raiders apparently have a tiebreaker on the Pats somehow

Well it is because the Raiders have a better conference record