DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2021 - WEEK 18

Dolfan in NYC

oh man

imagine the infinite loop of "game can't end on a defensive penalty" penalties if the Raiders and Chargers get to the last play of OT tied.

15 straight plays of calling Offside on an attempted kneeldown.

there is actually a seeding difference for the Raiders between a win (6) vs a tie (7)

they also might fancy their chances against the East champ than the Chiefs

but the Chargers are either the 6 or out since they'd have the H2H tiebreaker on the Raiders

if the Patriots beat the Bengals next week, this week will go down as part of a brilliant Belichick plan to avoid the Bills in the first round

The AFC seems to be both the better conference, and also the conference where 5 seed could make the Super Bowl because all the division winners have various problems. But maybe that comes from my team sweeping the NFC East and a Rodgers-less Packers team in their interactions with the NFC.

The NFC could still win the Super Bowl easily, like one of those seasons where the AL crushed the NL in interleague baseball and lost the World Series anyways.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

if the Patriots beat the Bengals next week, this week will go down as part of a brilliant Belichick plan to avoid the Bills in the first round

The AFC seems to be both the better conference, and also the conference where 5 seed could make the Super Bowl because all the division winners have various problems. But maybe that comes from my team sweeping the NFC East and a Rodgers-less Packers team in their interactions with the NFC.

The NFC could still win the Super Bowl easily, like one of those seasons where the AL crushed the NL in interleague baseball and lost the World Series anyways.

I was poking around in the simulator and apparently if the Dolphins win and Raiders win, the Pats get the Bills anyway. Bills two choices are Patriots or Chargers if the Bills win, I dunno which I'd prefer. I am glad the Colts are out though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Infinit said:

HEARTWARMING ❤

I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.  The Jaguars picked a fine day to play their best football.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.  The Jaguars picked a fine day to play their best football.

100%

If the Jags pulled off that W, and the Steelers somehow lost, I would've been CRUSHED. 

• Like 1

They shouldn't even let Haack in the locker room after the game. Dabol fucks around with playcalls and gets too cute. This one minute drill is the most they've gave a shit in over a quarter. When this team is on, its really fucking good, but its not always on. . . 

so WR/RB hybrid Deebo Samuel just threw a TD pass (the only passing play on the drive)

about the only thing Deebo Samuel cannot do on a football field is literally be in two places at once.

1 hour ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I have to question the intelligence of any fan that thinks the Chargers and Raiders aren't going to try to win tonight, except discussing it just for giggles (which is understandable). The NFL is a multi-billion dollar business that all owners get the benefit of, they aren't going to have a "collusion" game on national TV in any scenario.

While you are 100% correct here I'm going to yeah but you.

Yeah but... if teams go into victory formation to protect the win, how is this any different? The point of playing in the regular season is to make the playoffs. They could protect that playoff position by taking a knee (metaphorically... I know they wouldn't do 60 minutes straight of kneel downs).

What *I* would like to see is obvious collusion with them mailing it in until the last drive of the game when those dirty heel Raiders pull a swerve and score to double cross those plucky underdog face Chargers. Then Derek Carr can start doing the Flair Strut as his TD celebration.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

While you are 100% correct here I'm going to yeah but you.

Yeah but... if teams go into victory formation to protect the win, how is this any different? The point of playing in the regular season is to make the playoffs. They could protect that playoff position by taking a knee (metaphorically... I know they wouldn't do 60 minutes straight of kneel downs).

What *I* would like to see is obvious collusion with them mailing it in until the last drive of the game when those dirty heel Raiders pull a swerve and score to double cross those plucky underdog face Chargers. Then Derek Carr can start doing the Flair Strut as his TD celebration.

Players with any contract incentives that could kick in via a TD, sack, certain amount of yards and so on, won’t be mailing it in. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

so WR/RB hybrid Deebo Samuel just threw a TD pass (the only passing play on the drive)

about the only thing Deebo Samuel cannot do on a football field is literally be in two places at once.

Give him time. He's working on it.

4 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

If Gould gets hurt maybe he can kick FGs as well. 

Gould's already filling in for the concussed Wischnowski so there is a temporary vacancy at Punter...