DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble XXXV - 1/29/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Disappointing? Guessing someone who's already been champ multiple times winning (Charlotte & Sheamus jump instantly to mind).  Or Brock jumping in and winning after losing the strap earlier. 

At this point though, I'd say the heavy money favorite is Big E winning and challenging the winner of Brock/Bobby.

• Like 1

I feel like Seth being the guy to end Roman's 500+ day reign is one of the most disappointing choices imaginable. 

Thought Big E as a Rumble favorite at first, but not so much after how decisively he lost to Rollins on Raw. 

Expecting a bayley return to win the women's rumble which is as disappointing as it gets for me, but hoping for an Asuka return.

47 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Why? Has she been hinting at a return?

I don't think so out of the rare interview, and I think she maybe posted some work out content at one point. She's well-post pregnancy at this point, and I could see Vince wanting her there in Dallas doing something given they have to fill 100k for two consecutive nights. It's basically Brock Lesnar logic for me at this point with her.

Men's side -

I think Roman beats Rollins early in the night.

Then maybe the Usos cost Brock the title?
It would be insane to have Heyman turn on him at this point.

Big E wins the rumble and goes after Lashley.

Brock returns to SDL and the chase of Roman Reigns.

Women's Side -

Who could possibly know...

Mickie James wins and goes on to get squashed by Becky in 14 seconds so that Vince/WWE can get one over on Impact. In the build up Becky points out that "I've had a baby and my body looks amazing. You... well... I'm sure you'll bounce back eventually."

Michelle McCool points and laughs.

Well, supposedly, the two Mania women matches are

Becky vs. Bianca

Charlotte vs. Sasha

With Charlotte in the Rumble - that seems like the create the match without the person needing to win. (Either by eliminating Charlotte if in the match or interfering to prevent her from winning). So that would seem to indicate Bianca winning a 2nd straight year. But the last time they had someone win consecutive years it was almost 25 years ago

Both of those would be good, but neither are matches I really want to see at WM right now. Was hoping Rhea would win the Rumble so we could maybe get Becky/Rhea. I'd also be good with Becky losing the belt before then and not being in the title match.

Was hoping Charlotte would maybe get someone moving up from NXT.

Or... hear me out...

Brock keeps the belt. Roman keeps the belt. Brock enters the rumble and wins because he wants Roman. Unify the titles at mania.

Becky keeps the belt. Charlotte wins the rumble. Unify the titles at mania.

Usos keep the titles until mania. Street Prophets win the titles before mania. Unify the titles at mania.

A man can dream...

16 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

Bron Breakker debuts and runs through the field, only to be dumped as a 5th to last out, leaving us with a final four of Roman, Brock, Baron Corbin and Seth Rollins

I've never been a fan of having NXT talent past a certain level in the Rumble if you're aren't going all the way with them. If you're going to have Bron in the Rumble let him win the whole thing or don't have him in at all. Same with the female equivalent of him in the Women's Rumble 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2022 at 3:32 PM, Ziggy said:

I've never been a fan of having NXT talent past a certain level in the Rumble if you're aren't going all the way with them. If you're going to have Bron in the Rumble let him win the whole thing or don't have him in at all. Same with the female equivalent of him in the Women's Rumble 

It becomes hard to kayfabe beyond a certain point though.

Should Steiner get in before say, Moss or Boogz? Probably.

Should Roddy Strong? Mmmmyeah I guess.

What about Von Wagner? Young, up and coming. Neither has a realistic shot, kayfave or otherwise, so who does the spot go to?

It goes to the person who will get a 'pop' when the timer hits zero - Booker T, Jerry Lawler or Hacksaw Duggan.

It's why I am 100% certain that Corey Graves will be in the Rumble this year. So will Pat McAfee.

Neither have any right or reason to be in there before 30 other guys in the roster, but they'll get a 'pop' and that's all that matters.

4 hours ago, L_W_P said:

It's why I am 100% certain that Corey Graves will be in the Rumble this year. So will Pat McAfee.

Neither have any right or reason to be in there before 30 other guys in the roster, but they'll get a 'pop' and that's all that matters.

Certainly could happen. The big pop comes from the recognizable music being played tho. Does anyone know what either Graves or McAfee's music is? Nope. So while it'll get a reaction once the fans see their name on the screen and figure it out, kind of a bad use of 'trying to get a pop' if either of them are in it.

I need this show to open with Vince making Austin Theory do the Rumble entrant rundown.

VKM: [hands Theory sheet] Read this.

AT: [moves lips]

VKM: Out loud.

AT: Oh, right.  The entrants for this year's men's Royal Rumble are AJ Styles, Madcap Moss...

VKM: Do it with more gusto!

AT:  Omos! Montez Ford! Otis! Austin Theory!  Hey, some guy stole my name.

VKM:  It's you, you moron.  Keep going.

AT: Johnny ca...ca...knock...

VKM:  Knoxville, jackass.

AT: Kofi Kingston!

VKM:  LOUDER!

AT: JEY USO!

VKM: THAT'S IT!  MORE!

AT: JIMMY USO!

VKM: MORE!

AT: I don't know any more Usos.

VKM:  Gah, give me that.  You want something done right, you gotta do it yourself.  The entrants for this year's women's Royal Rumble are the SmackDown Women's Champion Charlotte Flair!  Natayla!  Carmella!  Queen Zelina!  So nice they named her twice, Kelly Kelly!  Returning to take out the trash and make an impact, Mickie James!  Taaa Meeen Aah Snuuuka!  Brie Bella!  Nikki Bella!

AT: JIMMY USO!

VKM:  What are you doing?

AT: I thought we were naming twins.

VKM: What time is it?

AT: Eight o...

VKM:  IT'S TIME TO RUMBLE!  IT'S TIME FOR THE ROYAL RUMBLE!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

On 1/12/2022 at 11:54 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Disappointing? Guessing someone who's already been champ multiple times winning (Charlotte & Sheamus jump instantly to mind).  Or Brock jumping in and winning after losing the strap earlier.

Both the Sheamus idea and the Brock one are top notch thinking skills. I don't watch WWE anymore but this Brock has me paying attention and a challenge from Sheamus (easily the most interesting and appealing guy on the roster the last couple years) sounds like the sort of hella rad thing they'll never get around to, unfortunately. 

Brock raging from a title loss and then entering the Rumble as the Beast, and winning it only to burst into a smile and remind us he's Mr. Funny/Money, is genius.

10 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Certainly could happen. The big pop comes from the recognizable music being played tho. Does anyone know what either Graves or McAfee's music is? Nope. So while it'll get a reaction once the fans see their name on the screen and figure it out, kind of a bad use of 'trying to get a pop' if either of them are in it.

In Pittsburgh, Keenan came out to "Personal Jesus" by Lollipop Lust Kill. 

On 1/12/2022 at 3:49 PM, Eivion said:

Honestly I'm not really worried about a disappointing result happening. I'm more bothered by the fact that there isn't really a potential winner who sounds exciting to me at the moment. 

This.  Rock could enter at 23 and win the RR to set up the match with Reigns and I wouldn't be particularly into it.  I'm struggling to think of anything that would interest me.  Maybe something unexpected, like Walter winning RR and challenging Big E for Raw's world title (after Big E won it back)?  I dunno.

To be fair, I'm not particularly into AEW or New Japan right now, so it's probably more a case of me not being much interested in wrestling.

Edited by Tarheel Moneghetti
  • Like 1

Walter winning the Rumble and having Imperium at his back to combat the Uso's against Reigns is the only outcome that would get me psyched at the result that I can think of at the moment.

That or a returning Wyatt w/Strowman/Rowan.

I feel like a Trios coming straight at Reigns would be enough to run to Mania with enough variety int he feud/matches for WWE.

This version of Lesnar is currently my favorite version, so I have no idea who could win to challenge him that would be exciting. 

Edited by StuntmanCrowley
  • Like 1