DVDVR Message Board

2022 STUFF ABOUT SPORTS MEDIA THREAD

Gonzo

14 hours ago, The Comedian said:

Gil Brandt needs to be put in senior care because he's 90 fuckin' years old and clearly is in early stages of dementia to anyone who listened to that sound bite.

So let's put away the pitchforks and torches...

Then don't put him on the air where he can spout his shitty opinions?

• 2 weeks later...

Not really breaking news but it is again being reported that Apple has won the rights to the NFL Sunday Ticket and that the news is being kept quiet at Apple's request.

It would begin next year (the deal with DirectTV runs through the 2022 season)

Reportedly - they will be able to sell some of the satellite rights to bars and areas without high speed internet

On 3/25/2022 at 10:59 AM, Zimbra said:

Jonah Keri got 21 months in jail in his domestic violence case.

If you choose to watch, you will wonder how the POS only got 21 months

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Well this is fucking idiotic

ESPN and FOX having so much coverage of the league is part of why it has grown. I also question if they're limiting their revenue opportunities. Plus, the simulcast stuff is probably not going to make any major network jump at the opportunity. Makes sense for an established sports brand, but seems odd for MLS. 

• Like 1

The MLS moving to Apple is kind of dumb. My preference if I do watch MLS is to watch in Spanish. How does the Apple deal effect the Spanish language component of TV rights?

Chicago sportswriter John Mullen passed away at 74.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Don Lagreca lost his mind... again

Now I will say that this clearly started as a work but Lagreca clearly worked himself into a shoot

Also Lagreca is literally the only person in the country defending Joey Gallo

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Don Lagreca lost his mind... again

Now I will say that this clearly started as a work but Lagreca clearly worked himself into a shoot

Also Lagreca is literally the only person in the country defending Joey Gallo

Watching this just makes me miss someone like Tony Paige even more: a gentleman who always conducted himself in a dignified professional manner and not like some whacked out barking lunatic. Of course that's why he was relegated to the graveyard shift on FAN, can't have intelligent discussion on The Valley of the Stupid.

• Like 1

Like mentioned before other places, when one of your top 3 qualities is that is you are a really good driver then maybe there is a problem 

Speaking about people with problems:  Adam Schefter.   Man he is going to be so glad when 2022 is over 

Edited by hammerva

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I have found Dick Vitale annoying at times especially being an undeniable Duke homer,  the ESPN Films special on him is absolutely must watch.   it is extremely sad to see a man who is known for his voice has resorted to needing a tablet to communicate for almost a year.  And unfortunately cancer is still messing with him.  The stories about how he had to deal with his bad eye was hard to listen to.   But even with that some great stuff as well especially his friendship with Jim Valvano and his early career at Rutgers and Detroit.

• Like 1